.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

concerning waypointing
Old
  (#1)
The Ghost
Weirdo

Default concerning waypointing - 24-09-2004

Mal , once you get a desired node system up and working , i would ask that you maybe let me help. i did quite a few waypoints for wolfbot and i'm quite familiar with the process.

Re: concerning waypointing
Old
  (#2)
Maleficus

Default Re: concerning waypointing - 25-09-2004

You bet!

I remember your waypoints for Wolfbot - so I would be happy to have you on board!

For now tho - I'm still designing the pathing system: I already have plans to add a lot of new stuff for the next version that will break the version your playing right now.

Also - I'll have to design some kind of script system that would give the bots strategic awareness about what the goals are of a map, and how they need to acheive them (IF I go to supporting Obj that is, Capture point is pretty simple and the system I have in place works well).

When I get it down solid - I'll let you know.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#3)
The Ghost
Weirdo

Default Re: concerning waypointing - 25-09-2004

sounds good, look forward to it8D

one of the biggest problems i had to overcome waypointing for wolfbot was ladders, it's hard to get a bot to climb a ladder without getting stuck.

Last edited by The Ghost; 25-09-2004 at 11:39..

Old
  (#4)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default Re: concerning waypointing - 05-10-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost
sounds good, look forward to it8D

one of the biggest problems i had to overcome waypointing for wolfbot was ladders, it's hard to get a bot to climb a ladder without getting stuck.
Buttons sucked too, they wouldn't even use them. I couldn't finish mp_church because of it.

Anyways, great work on the bots mal, i'd be happy to waypoint for the mod as well, once you get objective mode running and a waypointing system worked out.

Keep up the great work.

Old
  (#5)
Maleficus

Default Re: concerning waypointing - 05-10-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
i'd be happy to waypoint for the mod as well, once you get objective mode running and a waypointing system worked out.
Great!

One of my biggest hassles right now is waypointing maps, so when I get a node system down I like, I'll appreciate all the help I can get!

GHOST: Fritz handles ladders OK, the only problem I've seen is sometimes they can bunch up on ladders, with 2 or more bots fighting for the same ladder, which is why you don't see Fritz use ladders on BASE or DESTRUCTION. Its something I will be working on and improving.

Buttons is something I need to work on yet, but not sure how to tackle it yet. They understand button-less doors just fine tho, without any help from the node system even!

Also - I'll have to design some kind of GUI for the node system so that people can easily add nodes to maps, kind of like how Wolfbot did. Right now, its not pretty, but since I'm the only one who can see it, I don't worry. Only problem is, most of the CGAME and the menu scripting system is a complete black box to me, so I'll have a lot to learn to get that moving forward.

Dum Spiro Spero

Last edited by Maleficus; 05-10-2004 at 07:24..