meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Game servers > Web-based server tools
Web-based server tools ...or how to watch your server's activity on a web page

Re: real time server stats
Old
  (#11)
BAStumm

Default Re: real time server stats - 21-01-2004

edit: OOPS it brought me directly to page two and i thought this was a new topic...

anyway, getting data from HLTV would be nearly impossible.

/edit

I thought I showed you my hlwebtv deal?

http://spokaneteamfortress.com/hlwebtv/

HLWebTV will be a part of the phpUA project from http://unitedadmins.com and should be available mid February. The hlwebtv portion of phpUA is being dubbed WATCH.

Real Time is simply a matter of combining php and jscript to keep redrawing the data you wish to display. Create a "face" first which is your data container (tables, divs, whatever) and include "id" assignments in those. Then when you have new data to display off your socket you just use the jscript document.getElementById stuff to manipulate your data containers (or move images around the screen or whatever).

What data you wish to display changes what else you must do. If your happy with name, frags and time then just query direct to the HL server (default port 27015). If you want exteded data you need some other method to get the data. Log parsing perhaps, Halfd, a mm plugin, whatever...

PHPUA's WATCH feature uses an MM plugin I am creating (nearly finished). This page, http://spokaneteamfortress.com/stats/ queries halfd. Watch that page for a minute, the data does update when frags or deaths increase or players join or leave or whatever...

Last edited by BAStumm; 21-01-2004 at 19:44..

Old
  (#12)
rob

Default Re: real time server stats - 22-01-2004

i dont know much (or anything) about jscript, but i can do real time with flash.

im still very curious about talking with hltv tho.

if it is possible to get hltv to send packets to the webserver, i would think that they could be parsed.

maybe someday i will figure this out.

Old
  (#13)
BAStumm

Default Re: real time server stats - 23-01-2004

in order to get hltv stuff you'd have to figure out how to connect as a hltv client that the hlds engine would allow... That program would have to run as a service and feed data out to the webserver and the webserver proxy it somehow.

The hlwebtv overview deal I made uses a fair bit of bandwidth but not awful. I can't imagine what streaming live video and audio of the game would cost bandwidth wise... Plus whatever feed yer getting off hltv would need to be processed on the fly (shrunk resolution and converted to divx perhaps?). So now you talking about a good deal of horsepower required for this deal...

I dont really think its practical. It would be cool, but its not real practical.

Old
  (#14)
rob

i think you are misunderstanding me.

i know it isnt practical to try and duplicate hltv in a web browser.

i just want to break apart hltv packets into usable data.

Old
  (#15)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

The problem IMO is that the HLTV protocol isn't just a one-way thing. In order for the game server to send HLTV packets to your application, I suspect you somehow have to make your application be seen as a valid HLTV client by the game server side... Unless the HLTV protocol is a broadcast thingy, then I would be mistaken, but I don't think so.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#16)
BAStumm

if you want extended game data then your better off just getting it through a hook (bot or mm) like I did for the hl web tv deal.

As PM stated I believe to get hltv info you must connect and auth as a valid hltv client. The client does send data back to indicate which player to watch or to use the topographical mode (whatever its called). You might be able to hi-jack the hltv messages in a mm plugin but you would prolly need a hltv client connected or the info might not exist (engine only sends if a hltv client is connected ???). I dunno, sub to the hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com mailing list and ask around...

Old
  (#17)
Infidel

Default Re: real time server stats - 11-02-2004

I understand HLstats has been recently updated from it's previous untenable state{probably due to dependencies}.It's very close to real time or as practical can be expected although not as exhaustive as I would have liked. Psycho stats 1.9 was the latest I used and updates/compiles can be done as often as you wish but be advised it is exhaustive and I saw no limit of cpu usage.It requires a dedicated machine for best performance and you can forget about using celerons/durons if you want a result set before the following day,per compile,from a 30 day parse.It's an easy install until you ask questions in their forums = the worst I've ever seen.:RTFM: = which was/is dated at best.

Old
  (#18)
BAStumm

Default Re: real time server stats - 13-02-2004

the term "stats" used in this thread is not quite the same as the "stats" you refer to ala hlstats etc. Here its being used to refer to a script which provides information on a web page only about the current status of the game. meaning:

SERVER
hostname: bobs server
map: 2fort
timeleft: 15:23

Players
Name: bob
Frags: 14
Time: 48:58

Above being an over simplified example. Perhaps you might look at this link for an overly detailed example...

http://demo.phpua.com/index.php?mode=watch&server=0

Old
  (#19)
Infidel

Default Re: real time server stats - 13-02-2004

Granted,but would it not be easier to hook a result set of choice from an existing{static} result set ,although not exactly "realtime" but very near ,via the renewed HLstats?
I would think if stats was an objective that a permanent page would be desirable immediately or eventually.It was/ would be for me.

Old
  (#20)
BAStumm

Default Re: real time server stats - 18-02-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel
Granted,but would it not be easier to hook a result set of choice from an existing{static} result set ,although not exactly "realtime" but very near ,via the renewed HLstats?
I would think if stats was an objective that a permanent page would be desirable immediately or eventually.It was/ would be for me.
please forgive me if i dont undestand what your getting at BUT have you clicked a single link I've posted in this thread? hlstats cannot tell you where a player is standing on the map. See this: http://demo.phpua.com/index.php?mode=watch&server=0 which is a url repost that I already posted...

oh and for those following along, phpUA has been released. http://phpua.com