Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Half-Life and HL1 Mods
Half-Life and HL1 Mods Discuss about your favourites HL1 Mods here Half-Life

CS vs CSCZ
Old
  (#1)
nasht

Default CS vs CSCZ - 08-06-2004

Hi,

I have Counter-Strike 1.6. I keep hearing about Counter-Strike:CZ .
What I don't understand about it is,
Is that a replacement for Counter-Strike? Or should you have both?
Is CZ is like CS but better? Or is it just a different game?

I just bought a CS cd key and now I'm wondering if I made a mistake, and should have taken CZ instead.
Or should I buy both?

Thank You,

Nathan

Re: CS vs CSCZ
Old
  (#2)
dead bwoy

Default Re: CS vs CSCZ - 08-06-2004

If you're mostly into multiplayer, don't get it! It's pretty much the same game as counter-strike. Condition Zero is mostly for people really into single-player, as it comes with the official bot, has a single-player mod (half-life style) called Deleted Scenes. CZ:DS is great, I think, with some great death sequences and cut-scenes, complete with bosses for some levels. Condition Zero multiplayer has very few enhancements from cstrike 1.6. The CSBot's nav files are used in the new Hostie AI, as well as the place painting for player location, so now your location on the map is also displayed when you chat or use your mic. I'm not sure on this but czero just got a fifth default model for each side, the Midwest Militia for the T's and the Spetsnaz for the CT's, and I don't think cstrike got this 5th default model. Then there is the Condition Zero Tour of Duty single-player campaign, which is fully customizable and the czero community is already releasing some pretty decent add-ons. This TOD mode is Tony Hawk style, with objectives for each map, like kill 4 with ump, or flashbang kill an enemy, defuse the bomb, kill a defuser defusing, prevent hostage rescue 3 rounds in a row, etc... Also, if you have an older computer czero might not run as well. I have a PIII 1Ghz with 256KB RAM and I get about 30-40 fps with 6 on 6 bots, single player. I get about 45-55 without bots. Czero is pushing the limits of the HL engine! For a mere extra $20 on-line it's not a bad deal really... http://www.area51discountstore.com/cstrike.html
You don't get any of the other mods when you only buy czero either, so you can't play dod, half-life, team fortress classic, etc... I hope this give you a better idea of what the difference is and weather you want these czero enhancements or not.

Old
  (#3)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

I think the bestest deal is to buy Half-life..
cuz you can play pretty much all of it's mods..
with the exception to cz...
you make cz's missions sound so good.. is it really?
not that i would buy it anyways.. (saving up for hl2 ) (not only hl2 but also some new hardware to make the hl2 experience as good as possible )

Old
  (#4)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

From what I hear, yeah, CZ just adds a few new things like an anti-personel rocket launcher, and a machete (lol, sounds good ) and a few other things like gas grenades.

Well, for me, CS v1.5 was perfection. I tried CS v1.6, and they changed the weapon stats waaay too much. For someone like me who used to play CS v1.3-1.5 all the time, it was like learning to play CS all over. I diddn't like it... yo dead bwoy, do they have these odd weapon stats in CZ, or are they using the tradition CS v1.5 weapon stats?

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#5)
dead bwoy

what sort of odd weapon stats are you referring to?
Ever since the updates (1.1) have begun I havn't played cstrike since... I should check it out to see what's going on in cstrike 1.6 world... have you checked out the steam cstrike 1.3? I think it's free... Most weapon stats are from metamod plugins. I just run mp.dll with no plugins. CZ is for those who want something new in their cstrike experience. For someone like yourself, loving 1.3-1.5, you probably wouldn't like all the new changes to the mp side of the game.

Old
  (#6)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

I think MarD's talking about the weapon physics... but I wouldn't say they're that much different.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#7)
nasht

Default Re: CS vs CSCZ - 09-06-2004

My question at the begining was , "Is CZ the same as CS but better?".
After all you've said so far, would you agree to say that the final answers is : "YES" ?

I mean, from what I've read, CS has nothing more than CZ, and CZ has everything that CS has, with something more (single player more + some little better things in the multi-mode).
Am I right?

--
Sorry for my sometimes-not-that-good English.

Old
  (#8)
dead bwoy

If you only buy czero you can only play czero and cstrike. If you buy cstrike you get access to half-life and all it's other mods, dod, tfc, etc. for free. I have and would buy both again! I see czero as more of a cstrike expansion pack.

Old
  (#9)
Huntkillaz

just wait for hl2 or cs:source...if ur buying anthing now...since u'll be wasting money on these old things....

diff between cs n cz:

• cz has new high poly models (u can download free ones froma many skin sites)
  • cz has offical bots... (tons of others here )
  • cz has single player mission (just get that hl mod that lets u play hl with cs weapons ...there are other mods..but none that have bots with though u could make one)
  • cz cost more for basically same old game
so the final verdict...if u already got cstrike don't bother (NO) about cz

if ur got nothing wait for hl2 ports of these games (yes cz will also bet ported eventually )

if u can't wait go get cz

●_•

Old
  (#10)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: CS vs CSCZ - 11-06-2004

Heyyo,

Yeah, the way the guns shoot seem VERY different. They're tweakin' em' each patch like they created a whole new gun... They're trying to make all the guns pretty balanced out, and yeah, they all seem balanced out for me, I can't shoot any of them as good as I could on CS v1.5-v1.3... lmao, I'm used to the gun patterns of CS v1.5-v1.3, so tryin' to figure out these new shooting patterns have thrown me off course. I play like I've never played CS in my life, lol, it really seems that alienated to me.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)