.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Half-Life 2, Source and Source Games
Half-Life 2, Source and Source Games Discuss about Valve's new FPS game and its mods here Half-Life 2

Re: Official CS:S bots monday
Old
  (#31)
Whitman82
This user broke our rules and has been BANNED

Default Re: Official CS:S bots monday - 18-01-2005

I'm logged in, i just can't play CS source. I thought the download was done though but it is still at 96%. Actually, its just been sitting there at 96% for almost 15 mins now even though its downloading at about 120kb/s. I hate steam.

Old
  (#32)
dub

There quite good after the first couple of rounds, One thing don`t test the bots on cs_italy try de_cbble first for instant action. It takes about 15/20m to generate the navmesh, has to go through about 5 phases. Then after that hl crashed with a bad pointer gpf messagebox, when it finished and started adding bots then bringing up the scoreboard (i`m going to try and reproduce the bug and send the info to turtle-rock studio`s).
Any developers got any idea why ms-vs didn`t break in on the crash?

edit.
ms-vs is set as the jit.
whitman82 im having the same probs with logging onto servers.

Dubb`s Coding Cave WiP - YeGods - Free Image hosting
4u-servers.co.uk : YeGods Gin Palace II - Refloated - 195.20.108.30:27025

Last edited by dub; 18-01-2005 at 03:42.. Reason: cleaner

Old
  (#33)
HangFire
Best served chilled

I'm going to try loading up this now. Whether or not Steam works for me, it'll still suck.

Old
  (#34)
Iced_Eagle

Just got done playing with the new bots on de_tides

They seem to be really more aware of each other and of hiding spots. For example three bots were covering each other while camping in a hallway while all hiding behind objects.

They don't seem to get effected by smoke really (maybe they got lucky and really owned when I through it) but I sorta expected that.

de_tides is a good map, looks nice on Source

One thing I want to do is be able to go into spectator mode while the bots are playing... Once you go into Spec Mode all the bots get kicked (allow maybe I should turn on fill_server mode or whatever?)

These are quite fun bots so far, I wish I have more time to play with them but exams are tomorrow :O

Old
  (#35)
Whitman82

The bots are awesome! I got a message when i was playing them on cobble, it said "sampling walking space....." and i had to wait for it to load before i could play. Any idea what that means?

Old
  (#36)
dead bwoy

@ Iced Eagle:
to go into spectator, you must turn off bot_join_after_player, set it to 0

@ Whitman:
maybe an unfinished nav file?
The nav editing system has seen a total makeover and I feel like a total n00b again...

Old
  (#37)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Roffles with lmaonaise. They still suck with nades, loaded de_dust2 with 31 bots and those bots sap the crap outta your cpu, extremely cpu intensive! I was getting 5F/S (CPU btw is a AMD AthlonXP 3000+...) and I needed to crank the bots down to a quota of 7 to keep my framerate around 22F/S (normally it's up around 40+F/S), and after 10 seconds lots of tking nades. T's diddn't die, but 1 CT got tked. I was harmed. So they don't take into account if the nade's gonna bounce off another player, or the momentum caused by jumping cause I saw a T bot jump n' his nade bounced off the arch and smoke him down to 80% health.

Also, bots diddn't listen to knife commands right away, it's gradual. I said bots_knives_only, and 3 bots gunned me down, then proceeded to pulling out knives and someothers still had guns, next round they all went knives only. Their knife fighting is pretty good, but tend to stand still once the knifing commences. Most of the time in combat they liked to stand still (my difficulty was normal if that makes a diff..).

Found another bug: bots trying to escape from bomb and forgetting what they were doing (like trying to snipe enemys, then tries to run away, then back to sniping but dies, or defuse the bomb, and then attempt to defuse again then run away and not make it..). So they need to prioritize a bit better. I did like how they knew when to run away from bombs, so that was cool.

Their reactions to being hit by gunfire is pretty realistic how they look around, but they seemed to not hear quite right. I had a bot not notice another bot with a shotty, and then get blasted in the back after the bot took better aim.

For sniping? wow, gj on that, and their ability to check hiding spots was nice too.

Their navigation was pretty good, diddn't notice them have any probs insept for barrels and other heavy objects.

Their ability to defend gunfight areas was very nice, they knew some of the main fight sections and tended to try and guard them.

Their buying is instant, makes them seem like they're using buy-scripts.. but since they're bots, they pretty much need buy-scripts to work, lol.

Their ability to avoid collision with other bots is unparralelled. I did not see a single time at spawn when bots got crouded together, even when the quota was at 31, so great job on that.

Overall, they're a fun fight, just turn off nades, and they're pretty humanlike.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#38)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

i did not try them at all yet, but cheeseh's post already got me into conclusions.

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#39)
Rifleman

I think the greatest improvement of the bot is nading , it rock ! simply ROCK !

Old
  (#40)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Nah, their nading isin't that great.. they seem to be more likely to hurt their team and themselves more than enemy's.... They seem to like to disobey sometimes. I've told them no nades, yet every once inna while, they'll throw one... If they could fix the nade code to detect wether a teammate will disrupt the throw, or better prediction of the path of the nade (probably a momentum issue that's not taken into account) they should do fine.

On the new map, de_tides, the bots tended to get stuck against some barriers, but that's probably just a bad nav file.

The description of the bots said they try to avoid nades... so far from what I've seen they don't bother to turn around or anything, probably not updating fast enough or somethin'... but for the amount of cpu power it takes I would've figured it updates really often...

The best part aboot these bots is how they love to travel in groups and act as a team. Their following code's great too, cause if the bot's infront of you and decides to follow they keep running ahead trying to figure out which way you wanna go, if they go the wrong way they just turn around n' follow behind you afterwards... the only prob is they usually get left behind, and don't whip out a pistol, nade or knife to try and catch back up... they also seem to use their navmesh to follow, unlike someother bots that should do the same (*coughs* PODbot mods out there? ).

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)