.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Re: baserace
Old
  (#21)
MetalHead

Default Re: baserace - 19-12-2006

ok i'm gonna do more testing as i downloaded the v5 update a little late. lol didn't see the email notification

one thing i forgot to mention before was when the bots try to jump the gaps, some are easy but others require a speed boost to jump them, if they dont make it some get stuck 'trying' to jump back up lol, if there's 2 or more then they all jump on each other to get out, rather funny that

i have noticed the delay you put in for putting a crate on a capture pad, the only thing with that is that more often than not there's not another crate thats put onto the pad so there's no need to delay, the bot just stood there waiting then after a while finally put the crate on the pad, if a nenemy was around then it would be easy to kill the bot before he puts it on the pad, there still seems to be a prob with cov.ops mainly standing at the crate capture just standing.. i have only ever seen 1 other bot do it and it was a med. cov .ops don't snipe, or is that part of the bot ai you have to tell it where to snipe from? abv. engis don't lay mines yet, f.ops certainly like to spam arty and it doesn't appear to be a random(???) thing, they do like to drop arty at the enemy spawn which is normal for any human player to do.

p.s. quote tomtom 'With 30 minutes the 16 bots don't complete the objectives anyway so you don't have to support the delivers for all 4 stages.'

yeah with the current bot aimskill even on 1 it's hard to complete, i do set the timer to 300 just for this testing, but i think on a normal pub server it might prove interesting...

thats it for now, i'm gonna setup my server with the new v5 and test somemore, i'll post as soon as i can, only a few days 'till christmas so i'll wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year

DONT try and rush to finish this if it has ti wait 'till new year then so be it i'll be very busy over christmas with the family..

Old
  (#22)
Maleficus

Nice work. I'm really surprised they work as well as they do, considering their limitations with understanding more then 2 steal objs at a time.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#23)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Thanks Mal

@Metalhead

The map and bot teams are perfectly balanced. Even with all human players, I don't see how it could be fully completed if both teams are equally skilled (and have dedicated defense). You could set up the bot file to have one team more skilled than the other if you wanted to see more of the bases being built.

The bots will snipe without snipe actions, but I didn't add any snipers to the bot configs. Originally I had them in, but the snipers were dominating the map. You could change the bot config to include them if you want.

If the bots miss a jump over the gaps, they will spend about 1 second trying to get to the node across it before selecting a new path. I'll double check the jumps though and have any updates included in the coming waypoint pack.

Old
  (#24)
MetalHead

@crapshoot

yes my friend, i was looking too much into this, i understand what your saying having spent time with a clear head, i see both teams being as equal and both capable capture/delivery, i was looking at it a bit too much tactical, unlike goldrush for example you have attackers and defenders /allies/axis, BUT on this map there is no such thing as 1 side attack and the other defends.. thats where the human element comes into play, having our own individual idea of attack/defense/teamwork.

my apologies for looking too much into this..

i do appreciate you taking this map onboard and what you HAVE done is something once thought impossible but you've proven otherwise, yes i did add snipers and i saw your point you couldn't cross the field without dying quickly, so in conclusion on my part, i think this is a first class job, i watched the bots and played with them as closely as possible, yes when thry can't make the jump they DO infact look for that alternate way back, or jump up on a teammate to get out (thats still funny sorry ). so it that case the ONLY thing that might/does!?!? need tweaking is the placing of the crate on the capture pad, and that could be awkward considering what time allowance would be best, not sure if it's a bug in the map and the bots getting confused but the Cov.Ops (once a MED) stands at the crate just looking at it. while on about the cov.ops do they still check for landmines?

please don't take it as i'm being too fussy or grumpy about this because i am not! i've always liked baserace but to play this with bots i could only use *coughomni*coughbot*cough and i REALLY dont like them .. so again thank you very much for attempting this i DO appreciate it

btw merry christmas to you all

Thanks

Andy

Old
  (#25)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Any and all feedback is welcomed. You've helped to make the waypoints better

Old
  (#26)
Adder

Default Re: baserace - 20-12-2006

Lads, what version of baserace does this work on? The one I tried, all the bots stood still with no goals...

Adder

Old
  (#27)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

It works with the final version. it sounds to me like the waypoint files may be in the wrong place. just rename the zip file to have the extension .pk3 and place it in the Fritzbot folder.

Old
  (#28)
MetalHead

ok 'http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andrew.carter847/demos.zip' download these demo's watch and see.. just incase rmember to put them in the /fritzbot/demos folder yes you knew that but was just checking lol..

i've noticed the defense position the soldiers use, also if the soldiers aren't there the engi's will take there place, if sol/eng comes by and the spot is taken it just plods around until the spot is free.

this is V5 i've tested but i could only test for a short while, hope them demos help?

Old
  (#29)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

ugh, i think i know why that's happening at the deliver points :/

I may or may not be able to fix it. To make a short story long...the map script turns off the capture pad for 5.1 seconds to give the construction time to build. If another bot is going to deliver at that point and is close enough when the pad is disabled, it will get confused. It may take a couple days to get it sorted as i may have to toggle the deliver action off and on when the pad is disabled. That is going to require adding 40 entities and a bunch of scripting....but I'll give it a shot

Old
  (#30)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

version 6 is here

Changes:
Fixed bots sticking sometimes at crates inside enemy bases (steal actions)
Fixed pathing at allied ladder to underbase

I'm still working on a solution for the deliver actions, but it's looking like I won't be able to (keyword limit for aiscript). If I can figure a way around it, it will be in the next waypoint pack.