.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Developer's Farm > General Programming
General Programming Help others and get yourself helped here!

Debugging with vs2003
Old
  (#1)
mfrx

Default Debugging with vs2003 - 12-01-2006

I never managed to find a post about how to debug with vs2003 but i finally found out thanks to a post by PMB and a bit of trial and error.

If you want to debug a MetaMod plugin running on HLDS:

Open Project, Properties.

Under general, set the output Directory (and intermediate directory) to where you have configured metamod to look for your dll.

Under Debugging, set the command to the location of HLDS (mine is "C:\HLServer\hlds.exe"). Set the command args to what ever you use (mine are "-game DMC +port 27050 +hostname "FierceBot Beta Test 2" +map dmc_dmz1 +maxplayers 8 -autoupdate -console -secure +localinfo") and set the Working Directory to wherever HLDS is located (mine is "C:\HLServer").

Plod thro the C/C++ options so that your command line looks like:
Code:
/Od /I "..\metamod" /I "..\pm_shared" /I "..\common" /I "..\dlls" /I "..\engine" /D "WIN32" /D "NDEBUG" /D "_WINDOWS" /D "_USRDLL" /D "FIERCEBOT_EXPORTS" /D "_WINDLL" /D "_MBCS" /FD /EHsc /MT /Yu"stdafx.h" /Fp"C:\HLServer\dmc\fiercebot\fb_dll\debug/FierceBot.pch" /Fo"C:\HLServer\dmc\fiercebot\fb_dll\debug/" /Fd"C:\HLServer\dmc\fiercebot\fb_dll\debug/vc70.pdb" /W3 /nologo /c /Wp64 /ZI /TP
Then go thro the linker options so that the command line looks like:
Code:
/OUT:"C:\HLServer\dmc\fiercebot\fb_dll\debug/FierceBot.dll" /INCREMENTAL /NOLOGO /DLL /DEF:".\FierceBot.def" /DEBUG /PDB:"C:\HLServer\dmc\fiercebot\fb_dll\debug/FierceBot.pdb" /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /IMPLIB:"C:\HLServer\dmc\fiercebot\fb_dll\debug/FierceBot.lib" /MACHINE:X86   kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib
Of course, some of these options will be different for you (like the directories).

PS This works for me but some of the options may not be the best
PPS Why does everyone seem to want to debug/use steam when bots are mainly run (i think) under HLDS?