.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > E[POD]bot
E[POD]bot Evil mutants tamed out of POD-bot by The Storm and Markus Heiden Counter-Strike

i read alot... no fix... so i will descibe very careful
Old
  (#1)
afb2087

Default i read alot... no fix... so i will descibe very careful - 26-12-2005

ok... i buy original HL like 5 years ago (during beta 5)... still have same cd... ok, but this doesn't matter much... all u need to know is at one time long ago when steam first came out steam registered my copy. ok... now it is many moons later... here is the situation:

take brand new install of windows... patch os bugs... now, WITHOUT installing half-life ok... just d/l steam, then run steam install and select from the list of games cs 1.6... it will d/l and install because it knows from my steam log-in that i am a legit owner of the game. ok... so the situation is... i have cs 1.6 installed but NEVER installed half-life... in this situation if i install EPB will it work?

because i read everything... i'm a computer guy (c, c++, java, ruby, etc, 4 years of programming experience at univeristy so really i'm not a moron)... i can very well follow instructions... so i follow instructions for epodbot... believe me in my situation IT DOES NOT WORK... so plz... tell me

if u do not have a half-life directory anywhere on your computer, how do u install and get epodbot working?

i've d/l the installer... i deleted that one file (forget the name)... i then reinstall... i start the server... podbotmenu unrecognize command...

when i install to this directory
c:\program files\steam\steamapps\email account\counter-strike

it creates a cstrike folder in the wrong place (i'm guessing because then i have two cstrike folders - one with just epodbot stuff in it and the other the real cstrike folder)

so then i delete phony cstrike folder...

so then i try installing to this location
c:\program files\steam\steamapps\email account\counter-strike\cstrike

this seems to put it in the right location

i again delete the listwhatever.gam file

start game again

exit

reinstall epb in the right spot

run cs 1.6 shortcut on the desktop... choose create game (i'm trying to make a local server... not some stand alone dedicated server.. all i'm trying to do is practice awping bots on my own private non-dedicated server... not dedicated server)...

so

is it possible? and if so how EXACTLY do i install/run epodbot if
1. no install of the game halflife ever
2. just install of cs 1.6 via steam installer
3. want to run a non-dedicated server with bots for me to practice awping

sorry if this is so long but i'm getting very very frustrated.

thx for the help,
eric.

p.s. i have no mods whatsoever... i used to have rze cs helper (which is a buy script in case u are not familiar with this, but i have uninstalled it)... but like i have no metamod or anything else since i'm just trying to run a local server that i also play in simultaneously... not a stand alone server that i have to connect to... dear god plz let this be enough info to help me.

p.p.s. this is podbot 5.1 i am talking about.

Re: i read alot... no fix... so i will descibe very careful
Old
  (#2)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: i read alot... no fix... so i will descibe very careful - 27-12-2005

You don't need by Half-Life to use EPB.
Just use the installer and point c:\program files\steam\steamapps\email account\counter-strike\
then all must be ok. If not check if the EPODbot folder is located in to the your
c:\program files\steam\steamapps\email account\counter-strike\cstrike dir, if yes then check out liblist.gam located to the same dir.
Find the line

gamedll "dlls\mp.dll"

and replace it with

gamedll "EPODbot\EPB.dll"

then start the server and type epb_addbot. Sinse version 5.1 all the commands of E[POD]bot will start with the epb_ prefix.
To activate the bot menu just use the "p" key or type in to the console
epb_botmenu
and the menu will show up.

Re: i read alot... no fix... so i will descibe very careful
Old
  (#3)
E[HAX]bot

Default Re: i read alot... no fix... so i will descibe very careful - 06-02-2006

You do have the half-life.gcf file in your steam files anyway. So you do have half-life but you need to purchase that aswell if you want to play half-life.