.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^
Old
  (#511)
sacripan

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 19-01-2011

Me too.

Tomorow 21c on my 4 servers, on my local server, now

For 1024 waypoints max problem, look at de_saintcayeux_rats_csz.pwf
45% CT, 55% Terrorist with real players.
http://psychostats.cscargo.net/map.p...ayeux_rats_csz
http://psychostats.czcargo.net/map.p...ayeux_rats_csz

0% CT, 100% terrorist with only bots

Why ?

91.121.157.53:
27015 noobs CS (Podbot 3.0)
27020 low-CS (Podbot 3.0)

91.121.157.54:
27015 noobs CZ (Podbot 3.0)
27020 low-CZ (Podbot 3.0)

Old
  (#512)
Serious Sam

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 20-01-2011

Nice update, thanks for still working on this bot I will test it after my exams, probably sometime next week.
BTW I want to request more info on the team specific point fix, I can't really comprehend what has been changed exactly?

Old
  (#513)
Whistler
Summoner

just a suggestion: it might be better to create a project at googlecode and use a SVN repository for version control instead of adding comments like "KWo - xx/xx/xxxx" everywhere in the code

Old
  (#514)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacripan View Post
For 1024 waypoints max problem, look at de_saintcayeux_rats_csz.pwf
Where is the pwf file and where is the map (*bsp with *wad's and so on) to let me look at them?

Quote:
45% CT, 55% Terrorist with real players.
http://psychostats.cscargo.net/map.p...ayeux_rats_csz
http://psychostats.czcargo.net/map.p...ayeux_rats_csz
0% CT, 100% terrorist with only bots
Why ?
From the date of creation those stats I have seen You are talking about any previous build of podbot mm. Since defusing/planting problem has been fixed in V3B21c, please, let me know how about Your stats for V3B21c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Sam View Post
BTW I want to request more info on the team specific point fix, I can't really comprehend what has been changed exactly?
This is how it was in previous versions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Well - names "CT specific waypoint" and "T specific waypoint" are confusing for beginer Waypointers. The problem is - the "team specific waypoint" is really an offensive or defensive GOAL waypoint for the team. T specific waypoint is a defensive waypoint for T team (but simultaneously it is an offensive waypoint for CT team). CT specific waypoint is a defensive waypoint for CT team (but - simultaneously - it's an offensive waypoint for T team). Depanding on map type - on cs_xxx maps CTs are more "offensive" - so they are trying to reach more often an offensive waypoint - T team specific, but Ts are trying to behave more defensive - so they are trying to choose more often also T team specific waypoint as a goal. On de_xxx maps Ts are trying to behave more offensive (so they choose more often CTs team specific waypoints) and CTs are trying to behave more defensive (so they are trying to choose more often CT team specific waypoints). As You can see - team specific waypoints aren't forcing the bot to use the route more frequently - because those waypoints aren't any "in the middle" waypoints of the path - they are just additional goal waypoints.
This is how it is now:
On de_xxx maps T team specific are offensive goals now for T team. CT team specific are defensive goals. Ts are more offensive on those maps, CTs are behaving more defensive.
On all other map types T team specific waypoints are defensive goals, CT team specific are offensive ones. CTs are more offensive on those maps, Ts are behaving more defensive.
Thus - those goals are really matching map type team behavior. Before it was mixed. I believe the same problem exists in all podbot clones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
just a suggestion: it might be better to create a project at googlecode and use a SVN repository for version control instead of adding comments like "KWo - xx/xx/xxxx" everywhere in the code
That helps me what and when I have changed without necessity to compare files between different versions. To find that in SVN I would need to also know what version with what another one I should compare to find the specific change.
BTW - are You going to figure out the work of the pfnGetEntityIllum on the linux DS?

Old
  (#515)
sacripan

Find this map to
http://www.cstrike-planet.com/maps/2...ayeux_rats_csz
pwf in zip file.

I like the improvements of new version 21C, it is good job. It is little early to signal bugs I like when bots play alone and that the 2 teams earn as much the one as other one. But for the named map, I do not reach there while the true players make it

91.121.157.53:
27015 noobs CS (Podbot 3.0)
27020 low-CS (Podbot 3.0)

91.121.157.54:
27015 noobs CZ (Podbot 3.0)
27020 low-CZ (Podbot 3.0)

Old
  (#516)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
It is little early to signal bugs I like when bots play alone and that the 2 teams earn as much the one as other one. But for the named map, I do not reach there while the true players make it
Please, re-phrase it and write also again the same in French. Maybe I'll understand better what You want to tell me. Maybe sometimes You just need to put a dot (.) or comma (,) and I'll be able to better understand what You are tryin to tell me. Anyway Your English is better and better every month. Don't give up with learning it.

About bots still winning in one team (the other still is the looser) - if all bots have the same skill (100), that means all of them are the best ones. With the same skill, but better weapon from round to the round the winning team gets bigger advantage (in money and thus - with weapons). That makes the loop neverending - all the time only one of the team is winning. On real servers with humans the situation with all players having exactly the same high skill and similar behavior doesn't hapen. Sometimes one team is a winner, sometimes the other one.
There are 2 possibilities to solve Your problem:
1. You can try to find a plugin which is automatically balancing teams (the best player of the most winning team goes to the other team, then the worse player from the most loosing team goes to the winning team - every 10 rounds).
2. You can try to make some difference between Your bots. Put some of them as (100), some as (90) and some as (80). That should make the server more realistic (in the reality it's not like that all players are joining Your server are only the highest skill ones).

Old
  (#517)
Serious Sam

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 29-01-2011

I tested the new build a lot on the original versions of cs_mansion and cs_wpndepot, taken from cs beta 1.0. All the improvements work fine. There were problems, but they were present in past builds so it's not something new. I think the new important wp behavior works great, I can see them doing their job around the map better.

There is the most annoying problem that I'd like a fix for the next build, if possible. As I mentioned before, the bots stand in front of the door on the original version of cs_mansion, and keep opening and closing them, and dont enter until they sense an enemy. Here is a short video of the problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urZXdnxft6o
The difference in the original version of cs_mansion from the final version is that the doors dont open automatically but you have to press the use key, and they can be opened only from one side - the front door can be open only from the outside, the side door - only from inside. As you can see, the door opens slowly, maybe for about a full second, and I guess the bots deside its not opened yet and press use again and close it

Also, maybe it's just me, but I get the feeling that although they often go to camp waypoints, they very rarely camp at them, I've seen them camp maybe only 2-3 times for the hours of gameplay I had - is this normal?

Old
  (#518)
Freakz
Иди туда незнаю куда Пренеси то незнаю чо

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 29-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Sam View Post
they often go to camp waypoints, they very rarely camp at them
I confirm.

Old
  (#519)
Immortal_BLG

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 13-02-2011

KWo please look at here and here

Old
  (#520)
wickedd

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 20-02-2011

I added them to my zombie server and they are great. Thanks for keeping up this project.