meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Ideas
Ideas One idea per thread please! :)

Re: POD 2.6 Installer, first pass, need feedback
Old
  (#11)
Austin

Default Re: POD 2.6 Installer, first pass, need feedback - 04-04-2004

Did you notice the "Change" button on the first dialog that shows up? If you click it you can pick what ever directory you want, but the directory you pick must have either cstrike.exe or hl.exe in it.

I don' have steam yet so I didn't add support for installing on steam -yet-.

If the directory structure is the same from where cstrike is located than this installer will work on steam also.

We check the registry settings (that get modified every time you run either cs or hl) to find the correct install directory, but as I said above you can always click the "change" button on the first dialog and change it.

All this has already changed since I think PM has moved the podbot2.6MM directory. We really should not be mixing the pod2.6MM files with the pod2.5 files so this change is good and I will have to update the installer, however...

I put this installer together to see if there was enough interest out there for me to do this and I have received very little feedback so I am wondering if I should spend any time on this, since the demand seems to be small...
TX for the feedback.
You have brought my attention to a problem when you run the installer a second time. If it finds the podbot_mm.dll It switches into a "update mode" install and you can't choose to install again into a different directory. I need to change that.

Re: POD 2.6 Installer, first pass, need feedback
Old
  (#12)
SoUlFaThEr

Default Re: POD 2.6 Installer, first pass, need feedback - 19-04-2004

it will need to support a Steam installation because most are now on Steam i believe.

also i found a neat ass program called CS-Mapper........it grabs all your map zips........and installs them correctly for you. and it works everytime and also with steam installations!!

you could have 300 map zips in a folder and it will do every last one of them!

Last edited by SoUlFaThEr; 20-04-2004 at 05:43..