.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Enhancement Workshop > (mEAn) Bot.Admin Mod / ServerLoader > (mEAn) ServerLoader > General Forum - ServerLoader
General Forum - ServerLoader Post your questions, comments, solutions and suggestions for the ServerLoader in here

Loading Loaders
Old
  (#1)
Drek

Default Loading Loaders - 10-08-2005

I have a program that starts with a launcher for certain reasons *ahem*. It only runs when you are logged in, I would like it to run when I am logged out as well. The problem is I have no way that I can think of of knowing whether it is running or not. If I use ServerLoader to load the launcher, will the main program run as a service or will only the launcher run as a service? The launcher loads the program, then shuts down, so it shouldn't be restarted. Just wondering how this would work.

Re: Loading Loaders
Old
  (#2)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Default Re: Loading Loaders - 16-08-2005

Serverloader will only manage the program that it loads, so if you load the launcher, which in turn loads a program, the serverloader will not monitor the program, it will only monitor the launcher.

You will have to find a way to get the serverloader to act as the launcher for your main program.

Maker of the (mEAn) Bot.Admin Manager

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Re: Loading Loaders
Old
  (#3)
Drek

Default Re: Loading Loaders - 16-08-2005

Turns out the program was almost completely useless anyway, so I don't have any reason to use it now.