.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Enhancement Workshop > (mEAn) Bot.Admin Mod / ServerLoader > (mEAn) ServerLoader > General Forum - ServerLoader
General Forum - ServerLoader Post your questions, comments, solutions and suggestions for the ServerLoader in here

Dr. Watson Error Logs
Old
  (#1)
Drek

Default Dr. Watson Error Logs - 03-03-2005

This is not a big deal and generally I am extremely pleased with the (mEAn) ServerLoader. I just thought I'd let you know that I am getting Dr. Watson error logs for application exceptions when I shut down the service and ServerLoader shuts down HLDS. This does not happen all the time, but maybe one in six times when I shut down the server I get the error log. The only reason I mention it at all is that it sometimes makes it a bit confusing for me trying to track down the logs for genuine server crashes.

Re: Dr. Watson Error Logs
Old
  (#2)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Default Re: Dr. Watson Error Logs - 03-03-2005

What version are you using? I would like you to show me a sample of the error log if possible.

If I understand you, the error sometimes happens when you shutdown the serverloader service, and it shuts downs HLDS?

FYI: I posted a link to a beta version a while ago. If you are not using the beta, you may want to give it a try meanloader121.zip

I also have another version in the works. I'm still tryig to find a way to stop HLDS from shutting down when the user logs out.

Maker of the (mEAn) Bot.Admin Manager

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Old
  (#3)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Default Re: Dr. Watson Error Logs - 03-03-2005

What may be happening, is that the serverloader may be releasing memory that is partly used by the process being stopped, but doing this before the process fully shuts down.

One thing you can try, is to increase the shutdown delay in the INI file:

Change StopPause = 1000 to StopPause = 5000 or more.

Each 1000 equals 1 second, so 5000 will equal 5 seconds.

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Old
  (#4)
Drek

Default Re: Dr. Watson Error Logs - 15-06-2005

Aah, I'm sorry about this, I hate it when people leave posts and disappear, and now I am doing it myself... I find it hard to remember posts when I don't get email notice.

But all that aside, I don't think I'm having the problem anymore. I don't know whether it stopped before I started using the new version, or whether it stopped with some update to HLDS. Not quite sure, but I haven't noticed it happening in quite some time. Mind you I haven't had cause to look through my Dr. Watson logs much lately either... This probably is a good thing - and likely means all hell is going to break loose anytime now...

Old
  (#5)
Drek

Default Re: Dr. Watson Error Logs - 18-06-2005

Actually this is still happening. It happened last night when I shut down my NS server. That server runs loads of plugins, so it may be that what you said is the problem. I've increased the stop pause to 5000 and in the test it just ran it shut down just fine with no errors. If you want the Dr. Watson log of the error email me at olstairsatnospamrogers.com (take out the nospam).

Old
  (#6)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Default Re: Dr. Watson Error Logs - 19-06-2005

OK let me know if the shutdown delay increase solves the problem or not.

Old
  (#7)
Drek

Default Re: Dr. Watson Error Logs - 19-06-2005

Increasing the delay seems to have solved the problem.

Old
  (#8)
Drek

Default Re: Dr. Watson Error Logs - 02-07-2005

Because the problem was intermittent I thought maybe it was fixed, but this is still happening, so increasing the delay has had no effect.