.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Two questions about Waypointing
Old
  (#1)
Tiger

Default Two questions about Waypointing - 16-01-2007

Hi again. I have two more questions. When I load mp_cannon the bots don't work properly because they complain about a lack of goals. However, when I go to mp_beach and then come back to mp_cannon, the bots work fine. Does anyone know why this might be happening? This is all in devmap mode, by the way.

Also, I tried understanding the alt-roam thing, but here's what I don't get. The bots on mp_cannon use both routes just fine, even without alt-roam. I want to use alt-roam effectively, though, so can anyone assist me with understanding how to go about placing the route nodes for it, etc? The waypointing guide really didn't do it for me. Basically, here is my concern:
I want to create an alt-roam path/alternate route to the Axis gun. Do I simply place one route node and then create a bunch of regular nodes extending from that one route node?

Re: Two questions about Waypointing
Old
  (#2)
Tiger

Default Re: Two questions about Waypointing - 16-01-2007

Okay, forget the first question. It happens after the dynamite destroys one of the objectives. However, what happens afterward is the other bots don't have a goal even though they do have roam actions in place and they use them fine while waiting for the dynamite to explode. I've gone over the waypointing guide a number of times but I am not sure how to get the bots to perform other tasks. Do I have to use group ID's? Or is that not my real problem? Currently I have all group ID's set to 0. Thanks in advance.

Old
  (#3)
the bindlestiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Okay, forget the first question. It happens after the dynamite destroys one of the objectives. However, what happens afterward is the other bots don't have a goal even though they do have roam actions in place and they use them fine while waiting for the dynamite to explode. I've gone over the waypointing guide a number of times but I am not sure how to get the bots to perform other tasks. Do I have to use group ID's? Or is that not my real problem? Currently I have all group ID's set to 0. Thanks in advance.
When a major goal is accomplished like blowing dynamite or stealing something, the Goal Tracker increments. This turns off all the "goal=0" actions and turns on the "goal=1" actions. Do you have any actions set for goal = 1? This function is explained in the RtCW User Guide.

Old
  (#4)
Tiger

Ah, okay, duh. Lol, I'll go ahead and take care of that. I didn't know those things were mandatory. Is there a way to keep them active always? I want some roam actions to be active at all times. Maybe I should just make actions for the same roam area but different group ID?

Old
  (#5)
the bindlestiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Ah, okay, duh. Lol, I'll go ahead and take care of that. I didn't know those things were mandatory. Is there a way to keep them active always? I want some roam actions to be active at all times. Maybe I should just make actions for the same roam area but different group ID?
That's what the "Active Forever" parameter is for. If that parameter is set, once the action is activated (usually in the aiscript), it causes the action's goal_number to be equal to the value of the Goal Tracker regardless of how it may change, thus keeping it "active forever."

The purpose of the Goal ID is to give you the flexibility to havd different groups of actions active at different phases of the map. You wouldn't necessarily want the actions intended to go after a dynamite objective still be active after the objective has been blown up, for instance.

Last edited by the bindlestiff; 16-01-2007 at 06:57..