.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Developers Forum
Developers Forum A place just for coders, testers, and waypointers to get together and discuss the FritzBot project.

Maleficus: I'd like to add a third game to Fritzbot
Old
  (#1)
Capt. Queeg

Default Maleficus: I'd like to add a third game to Fritzbot - 17-08-2006

Maleficus,
Capt. Queeg from "Return to Castle Wolfenstein: The WildWest" here. It looks like we're gonna be digging into the WildWest source code again. 1.41b is doing some funky stuff to our shaders. I've already played around with adding UberSoldat to the mod, but Fritzbot has been discussed by some of our players. I was wondering if you'd be willing to allow us to add FritzBot to The WildWest.

It looks like you are closed source, at the moment we are too. So, respecting that is not a problem. We wouldn't release any of our code with yours in it. If this is a closed source project, I'm sure some of your changes haven't been tracked let alone documented. That's not a problem. We could determine what needs to be done by doing diffs with the original RtCW source.

Basicaly you'd get an extra game running under Fritzbot, for no cost and for a bunch of work, we'd get a bot system that everyone likes.

Could discuss this further?

-
Capt. Queeg
www.The-WildWest.com

All right, I saw you online... ;)
Old
  (#2)
Capt. Queeg

Default All right, I saw you online... ;) - 25-08-2006

*bump*

I'm guessing you've had time to read this... Have you considered the possiblity?

An answer, even if it is "No", would bring closure to the idea, but I'd much prefer having the oportunity to work on this.

What do you think?

BTW Hewster tracked down the source of our 1.41b problems. It turns out sky texture have to be in their own directory??? How's that make sense?

Re: Maleficus: I'd like to add a third game to Fritzbot
Old
  (#3)
Maleficus

Default Re: Maleficus: I'd like to add a third game to Fritzbot - 25-08-2006

Sorry, no. I'm up to my eyeballs in work ATM.

Dum Spiro Spero

Re: Maleficus: I'd like to add a third game to Fritzbot
Old
  (#4)
Capt. Queeg

Default Re: Maleficus: I'd like to add a third game to Fritzbot - 25-08-2006

I certainly can understand that. I saw your post about shutting all of this down for now.

That's why I was hoping I could convince you it could be done without causing you any extra work at all, keeping your involvment down to nil after emailing a zip file. A we do all the work of the coversion, and support there of, and you get all the credit sort of thing.

If you do change your mind or have any suggestions as to where we should look form here, I'd love to hear from you again. Feel free to email me Queeg@the-wildwest.com any time.

-
Capt. Queeg
www.The-WildWest.com