.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Waypointing > Other Bots
Other Bots Waypoints, nodes, navmeshes for all the other bots

Good or Fixed SturmBot Waypoints for DoD_Caen?
Old
  (#1)
RichNagel

Question Good or Fixed SturmBot Waypoints for DoD_Caen? - 01-11-2012

Just a-wondering... does anyone have a waypoints file for SturmBot for DoD_Caen that isn't totally messed up?

The two waypoints files that I have for DoD_Caen is the original one that was included with version 1.7 of SturmBot, and another made my "Godcha" (from his "Golden Pathways" SturmBot waypoint files pack).

BOTH of these waypoint files are cobbled up... waypoints stuck in the ground and in buildings, as well as pathways that go through walls, and such.

I would probably try to fix it myself, but that map is HUGE... it would take me forever to fix the messed up waypoints and pathways.

Anyhow, I was simply wondering if anyone knew of a download for another version of the "DoD_Caen.wpt" waypoints file (other than the above-mentioned two)?

Re: Good or Fixed SturmBot Waypoints for DoD_Caen?
Old
  (#2)
madmax2
RCbot Waypointers Group

Default Re: Good or Fixed SturmBot Waypoints for DoD_Caen? - 06-11-2012

Rich,

I still have two installs of dod on my PC, dod3.1beta/strumbot1.5 and dod1.0retail/sturmbot1.6 in my Siera/halflife folder. I assume you are playing on a steam install of dod 1.3 retail, so I'm not sure if the map will be exactly the same?

I attached the sturmbot 1.6 waypoint (18092 bytes), see if this works ok and matches the map you have. The waypoints/pathways look a bit messy, but I remember a lot of sturmbot waypoints were like that. I did a quick test of the bots on this waypoint, they seem to get around ok. I did see one stuck axis bot near thier spawn, between their first 2 flags. It should be an easy waypoint fix if you know how.

This waypoint(18092 bytes) is also found in eatmyfireshorts_pack.zip & mammajamma_pack.zip packs.

From what I can remember, the map dod_caen2 that came out with dod 3.0/3.1beta is nearly identical to dod_caen that came with dod 1.0 retail. You may be able to rename the caen2 waypoints and try them too?

I also have the following dod_caen waypoints:

20198 bytes - sturmbot 1.7 official waypoint (in the complete_combination_pack.zip too)
19068 bytes - from GPSP-1.zip (golden pathways)
And a couple older waypoints, probably for the original dod_caen map....

I played dod/sturmbot a lot, years ago, it's a great dod bot.

I read you're other post, thanks for fixing sturmbot 1.7, I'll have to try it out sometime..

Good Luck,

madmax2

P.S. I'm only posting this a short while, please let me know when you have the waypoint so I can remove it..

Last edited by madmax2; 07-11-2012 at 04:03..

Old
  (#3)
RichNagel

Smile Re: Good or Fixed SturmBot Waypoints for DoD_Caen? - 06-11-2012

Hi Madmax,

Yeah, I'm using the latest Steam version of DoD (I'm not really sure what the game's actual version number is though).

I tried the SturmBot v1.6 DoD_Caen waypoints file that you attached, but it has the same problems as the ones that I already have... waypoints stuck in the ground (as well as ladder waypoints where no ladder actually exists, with the top ladder waypoint for the set going through floors/roofs and such).

BTW, I already have tried the SturmBot v1.7 waypoints file for the map, as well as Godcha's "Golden Pathways" file, and the "DoD_Caen2" one too. Unfortunately they all suffer from the same problem.

That being said, even with the messed up waypoints, the SturmBots seem to navigate around the map 'semi' well (other than a bot getting stuck here and there, due to the waypoints and pathways that are stuck and go through in the ground)... the map is still playable even with the bad waypoints.

In light of that, I think I'll just use the existing waypoints for SturmBot v1.7 that have.

The only thing that I can think of, is that the DoD_Caen map must have went through several revisions after SturmBot v1.6/v1.7 was released. This is similar to the DoD_Glider map... ALL of the waypoints that I found for that map were COMPLETELY screwed (ALL of the waypoints were about a thousand feet in the air)! After digging up a much older version of DoD_Glider, I discovered that the currently available waypoints worked with that older version.

BTW, if you're interested, someone recently created a new waypoints file for the current verision of DoD_Glider that works fairly well -> http://www.dodbits.com/dods/index.ph...ints-by-insane

Just a heads-up though (re: the DoD_Caen waypoints), "Noddy" over in the DoDPlugins forums is attempting to fix all of the bad waypoints ( http://www.dodplugins.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2135 )... hopefully he can edit them so that the bots work a little better

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2 View Post
I played dod/sturmbot a lot, years ago, it's a great dod bot.
I LOVE SturmBot!

I'm a fairly newbie to DoD, I only started playing back in June of 2011 <grin>. After researching the various available bots for the game, I chose SturmBot... as they seem (to me at least) WAYYYYYY better than SkrikeBot. I also play a lot of "single-player" mode with the SturmBots... lot's of fun with that

Heh, I'm also quite easily amused <LOL>... many times I'll start DoD, spawn some SturmBots, and simply watch them battle it out <grin>. It's great how they voice-communicate with each other, and even form teams on their own

Hehe, I'm so used to the (in my opinion) BETTER SturmBot's, I can spot a dedicated server a mile away that's running ShrikeBot LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax2 View Post
I read you're other post, thanks for fixing sturmbot 1.7, I'll have to try it out sometime..
Yep, it works great, too Heh, I've already received several emails from folks talking about it

Hehe, it's funny too:

Those Stosstruppe K43 SturmBots really kick butt now... it's as if they finally "feel unleashed" after all of these years of not being able to use their rifles LOL!

Old
  (#4)
RichNagel

Big Grin Re: Good or Fixed SturmBot Waypoints for DoD_Caen? - 06-11-2012

P.S. Totally off-topic, but something that you may be interested in... a little "feature" of SturmBot that I discovered a while back that is NOT documented ANYWHERE -> http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2580016 <grin>

Old
  (#5)
madmax2
RCbot Waypointers Group

Default Re: Good or Fixed SturmBot Waypoints for DoD_Caen? - 07-11-2012

Quote:
Hehe, I'm so used to the (in my opinion) BETTER SturmBot's, I can spot a dedicated server a mile away that's running ShrikeBot LOL!
At the time, I was having so much fun playing against sturmbots, I never got around to trying shrikebots.

Quote:
...waypoints stuck in the ground (as well as ladder waypoints where no ladder actually exists, with the top ladder waypoint for the set going through floors/roofs and such).

The only thing that I can think of, is that the DoD_Caen map must have went through several revisions after SturmBot v1.6/v1.7 was released.
Yeah, thats a common problem with bot waypoints and game mods, as the maps often change. That happened with nearly every version of Natural Selections & rcbot waypoints.

Quote:
Heh, I'm also quite easily amused <LOL>... many times I'll start DoD, spawn some SturmBots, and simply watch them battle it out <grin>
HehHeh, I've observed bots while waypointing (several different bots/mods), they do funny things sometimes...

Interesting about the Bot_Whine.txt, good find....

madmax2

Old
  (#6)
Lifeisverystrangeindeed!

Default Re: Good or Fixed SturmBot Waypoints for DoD_Caen? - 17-08-2019

The download to the fixed dod_caen waypoint is borked. You have a backup of it?

Old
  (#7)
madmax2
RCbot Waypointers Group

Default Re: Good or Fixed SturmBot Waypoints for DoD_Caen? - 19-08-2019

I believe this is the wpt I uploaded before (18092 bytes), it's not a "fixed" wpt, it's just from sturmbot 1.6. Give it a try, but It didn't seem to solve the problem Rich was having? It's the Same as in DoD_Insane's waypoint pack from the sturmbot site.

I did find a wpt in a backup folder, the sb17b wpt, not sure where it came from, I don't think it came with sturmbot17b? It's 20478 bytes, not 20198 bytes.

I think Caen2 from the mod versions of the game, later became Caen for the retail steam version. If the waypoints from sturmbot 1.6 or 1.7 have some problems, you could try renaming the Caen2 wpt to Caen. If it then won't load the waypoint, try renaming the map to caen2 instead. I think it works one way or the other on sturmbot...?

Not sure if I have a fixed waypoint for Caen, or for which version, looked on a couple PC's, but couldn't find any "fixed" waypoints so far? My backups are a bit disorganized in multiple places...

What version of dod are you playing, steam dod v1.3 or some older or mod version? There were 2 or 3 versions of the map.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dod_caen_wpts.zip (33.8 KB, 351 views)

Old
  (#8)
madmax2
RCbot Waypointers Group

Default Re: Good or Fixed SturmBot Waypoints for DoD_Caen? - 19-08-2019

I posted a reply to you, I think it was held up because of the attachment, for admin approval? The attachment had three wpt files 2 of which are just stock waypoints readily available in installers & waypoint packs... I'll check back later today...

Old
  (#9)
madmax2
RCbot Waypointers Group

Default Re: Good or Fixed SturmBot Waypoints for DoD_Caen? - 21-08-2019

I believe this is the wpt I uploaded before (18092 bytes), it's not a "fixed" wpt, it's just from sturmbot 1.6. Give it a try, but It didn't seem to solve the problem Rich was having? It's the Same as in DoD_Insane's waypoint pack from the sturmbot site.

I did find a wpt in a backup folder, the sb17b wpt, not sure where it came from, I don't think it came with sturmbot17b? It's 20478 bytes, not 20198 bytes.

Attached file : dod_caen_wpts.zip
http://rcbot.bots-united.com/forums/...pe=post&id=619

I've never tried that 2nd wpt, or it could be the one I fixed? but it may or may not be a match for the map.

I haven't re-installed steam dod/sturmbot after a hard drive crash. Is there no waypoint available that matches this map?

Tags
caen, dod, dod_caen, sturmbot, waypoints