.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Caha_tavern_b2 waypoints
Old
  (#1)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Caha_tavern_b2 waypoints - 20-05-2007

I figured for those of you still doing the Fritzbot dance you might like something new to play with (and searching these forums caha_tavern came up empty so....).

redRum has made a visually very nice map in a 5 story Chinese tavern (plus roof and cellar). while I have issues with historical aspects of the map it is a very good piece of work. So after testing some script changes I decided to give a basic strategy waypoint for the map. So I have posted on my website the playable WIP.

Please note because of problems I have reverted the sewer wall at the end of the map such that grenades no longer work. For the human players Nedd3h has made a spawn-changer cfg. (The bots of course don't get to chose). This will likely be one of my last Fritzbot projects.

All comments and observations welcome...

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Re: Caha_tavern_b2 waypoints
Old
  (#2)
nedd3h

Default Re: Caha_tavern_b2 waypoints - 20-05-2007

great map this!

with the spawn-script i made for tavern, the file setup would have to be changed to get it to work with fritzbot
i set it up for etpro

if mal ever returns to et fritz, i have a list of requests for him
eg. etpro class selection cvars, autoexec team/class/map cfgs etc

i think redRum's Raw Castle would be the one to waypoint myself
very fast paced, awesome looking, every class/weapon can be utilised... and it's a final version

check it out and see what you think!

Old
  (#3)
nedd3h

i had a quick look... they work well

a few notes:
• the third foor satchable door, some allied get stuck there... it's as if they think the door has been destroyed
• fourth floor flag, allied ran past it even though axis had just capped and was before the 45 sec 'hold floor' time (unsure if bots could be configured with this knowledge)
• temple door axis got stuck - see screenie -

i'll add this to my server
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shot0000.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	1006  

Old
  (#4)
TomTom

Thanks Ned. Real kind of you to do such quick feedback. The waypoints will need lots of minor tweaking no doubt. The biggest issue I expect will be routing the bots away from the ladder to the roof. This may or may not work since if they fight they no longer follow a route but switch to the shortest path. And stairs will calculate as longer than a ladder.

With so many flags to chose from I don't know how the bots prioritize, but the third floor flag seems to be top priority. I suppose I could route the allies from the roof such that say 1 in 6 (or less) pass through the gazebo flag thingy on the 4th floor.

Your screenshot is interesting. It looks like the bot kneeling is chatting which might suggest it is either stuck on a clip edge (I'll decrease node 213's radius JIC) or does not know how to navigate to its selected goal (zombie). I know the side pillars can be clip problems so if the one connection by the right pillar proves a significant trap I'll reposition the nodes to go directly at the door rather than from the side.

I take it the satchel-able door is the "stairs wall" Ill keep my eyes open for stickies there.

- - -
Took a look at raw_castle. Honestly it gave my eyes a headache. I would not have thought it by the same mapper. Proportion and realism is what makes the best ET maps IMO. And here the mapper has merged in a few surreal elements (fallen leaves bigger than med packs!, mushrooms the size of dinner plates, and the axis castle was designed by committee). Its too bad because there is lots of very good work too here (the other castle is good). And as for storyline, Axis owning a castle in East Anglia! One thing is for sure it does not look the least bit like Norwich Castle or anything I saw of East Anglia.

Well Not having played it with humans, I just don't see the game flow right now, so I think somebody else should do its waypoints. Sorry. And I am debating whether I should do any new waypoints. My website hits are decreasing, the forums are slipping and ET:QW is only weeks away!

Last edited by TomTom; 20-05-2007 at 20:23..

Old
  (#5)
TomTom

Default Re: Caha_tavern_b2 waypoints - 22-05-2007

nedd3h: Similar to your screenshot I caught a bot clipping the temple door edge on the way out so the nodes now go out straight and those going in mostly go in straight for version 0.02. Still have to add more routes for the allies at the roof spawn to decrease the scrum at the ladder...

Old
  (#6)
nedd3h

Default Re: Caha_tavern_b2 waypoints - 22-05-2007

thanks!

v0.03 on server now... i'll run a test night soon to get some more feedback

Old
  (#7)
Nova2001

Default Re: Caha_tavern_b2 waypoints - 23-05-2007

Cool map!

As I've never played it with people before, I'll have some feedback, but it'll take me a while to get used to the ins and outs of the map itself.

Old
  (#8)
nedd3h

Default Re: Caha_tavern_b2 waypoints - 23-05-2007

i made the etpro fireteam location file which tells you what floor you're on for redRum for this map, it really helps to know exactly where you are in this one!
it's built into the map and works on etpro servers (not fritzbot)

it doesn't take long to know what level you are on from the surrondings though

[fritzbot feature request] fireteam location addon files options

Old
  (#9)
Nova2001

Default Re: Caha_tavern_b2 waypoints - 25-05-2007

I know stairs are traditionally a problem, but the axis bots seem particularly vulnerable on the yellowish stairs connecting the first and second floors. I can stand anywhere on or near the stairs and shoot them while they push to get past me. If they make it to the upper landing, they'll open fire, but otherwise they ignore me.

Old
  (#10)
TomTom

Default Re: Caha_tavern_b2 waypoints - 25-05-2007

Thanks for the feedback.

Not certain which stairs you mean. I am guessing you are referring to one of the flights of stairs from the ground floor initial axis spawn in the open area with the mezzanine when they are trying to capture the first flag. These bots should be following the first spawn routes instructing them to go to one of 3 alt-roam (2 on the landings and one beyond at the base of the single flight of stairs between the first and second flag floors). It could be that the bot sight is a bit low for them in this area and that their focus is reaching the alt-roams. I found in my testing that the axis bots claimed the first flag handily so I moved the allied camps back to defend the stairs that the axis use to run from the first to third floor flags. If on the other hand the bots passing you are engineer bots going to the ladders or generator B then yes they may ignore you until you do a significant damage to their health because the ladders and generators are high priority tasks.