.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Enhancement Workshop > Metamod and metamod plugins
Metamod and metamod plugins Plugins and improvements for the metamod server-side mod

Re: Botmans Stripper2 Plugin and creating Barneys
Old
  (#21)
BAStumm

Default Re: Botmans Stripper2 Plugin and creating Barneys - 09-11-2004

ok so I have successfully hacked barney such that he now only attacks the red team in tfc (or whatever team 2 is in other mods). A skinner at my community is working on changing otis to serve as the red team counterpart to barney (attack the blue team or team 1 for other mods). He is still tinkering but here is what he came up with so far.

of course I'll go ahead and whip up a nuetral barney if you still wanted that as well... And I might go forward and try to get versions for the other 2 teams supported by the hl engine too and maybe even do a hgrunt version of the same. For othe mods diff models may be needed to match team colors (ie dod is green and red teams). But so far so good...

Old
  (#22)
Security

Default Re: Botmans Stripper2 Plugin and creating Barneys - 10-11-2004

Hey, very good!
How are the Barneys addet to the Game? Via Command, or can a Spawnpoint with coordinates/origin be chosen too?
Yes, I'd still like a neutral Barney very much!
Oh, and would it be a Problem if you could do a compile/option or something to only let the different Barneys glow in blue/white/red instead of using a Custom Model? It's not that I don't like it, but the Serverowner doesn't like to have the Players downloading Custom Stuff until they connect anymore, I'm just an Administrator (but with full access btw. *g*) - would love you for that !

Old
  (#23)
sfx1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty
I don't think either. The G-man has a very limited AI in the original HL1 code. So limited even, you simply cannot shoot at him, bullets pass through. I'm not even sure he has death animations.
No see when you shoot him the bullets bounce off. He is like Superman!

sfx1999.postcount++

Old
  (#24)
BAStumm

Well I dont have this fully working yet so alot is still up in the air. You will definately be able to use the map_monster.cfg file for adding these monsters. I guess what I'd like to see if something like:

origin/50 99 33
team/2
monster/barney

like that kinda, note the added team variable. With this I might make it 0 is no team (shoot em all), 1-4 are the various teams and -1 might be a neutral barney.

as for the models... that could be edited in the sources at compile time at the very least. I've never played with making things "glow" so I dont even know how that works but I can probably look at other code to figure it out.

Old
  (#25)
Security

Okay, I've got a Friend that codet some Metamod Plugins for our Server in the past - including glow/holographic effects, hasn't the Time to code anymore, but I'm gonna ask him about it when he comes online today!

Btw. the holographik effect would maybe be good for the bad Barney, that shoots on everyone - kind of bad ghost of a dead Barney

Old
  (#26)
Security

Thats what my Friend gave me:

pHitEnt->pev->renderfx = kRenderFxGlowShell;
pHitEnt->pev->rendercolor = Vector(0, 255, 0);

He said, "pHitEnt" is an Entity from Type "CBaseEntity" and to add a holo effect you just have to use another constant, which is listet in the list of other constants.

I don't understand any word, but I hope that helps

Here is a List from the Basic glowing Colors that can be done:

Yellow:
255, 255, 0

Blue:
0, 0, 255

Red:
255, 0, 0

Green:
0, 255, 0

Purple:
255, 0, 255

Cyan:
0, 255, 255

White:
255, 255, 255

Black:

You can mix them of course, so if you do 255, 80, 0 you would have a dark/orange yellow!

Last edited by Security; 10-11-2004 at 22:59..

Old
  (#27)
BAStumm

Default Re: Botmans Stripper2 Plugin and creating Barneys - 11-11-2004

yeppers that makes sense, should be easy enough.

I've done some thinking on this stuff and I'm starting to think that much of this that I had planned to do is more than needs done as most prolly wont use or want that kind of functionality (that being said I'll prolly soon find that I was wrong lol) so perhaps I'll just whip up some hack just for you and another hack for what I want which is slightly diff. Question though, do you have a linux server or windows cuz I only have ability to compile for linux. If windows do/can you compile metamod code? It of course requires the hl sdk as well as metamod sources and a compiler for windows. If you cannot I have a few friends I can call on or perhaps another here at bots-united can lend a hand.

Old
  (#28)
Security

Yeah, okay!
I've got Linux

Old
  (#29)
BAStumm

ok well last night I got this working where:

Barney uses the default barney model, glows blue and only attacks team 2 (unless provoked). Otis uses a custom red skinned model, only attacks team 1 (unless provoked) and glows red. So that part is done.

I'll whip up an alternate barney for you, what color you want him to glow? Oh and I'm guessing the way it would work is barney attack noone for your version unless provoked. IE Like in single player if you shoot him he will shoot back. Is that what you want?

Old
  (#30)
BAStumm

Default Re: Botmans Stripper2 Plugin and creating Barneys - 12-11-2004

In addition to team based barney and otis monsters the version I have includes additional monsters. barnacle, bloater, controller, gargantua, icthyosaur,
gman, leech, rat, roach, tentacle. nihilanth being the only unsupported monster at this point.