.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Offtopic
Offtopic Just anything. You have time to waste ? Prove it !!!

Re: Religion thread
Old
  (#21)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Religion thread - 06-01-2005

i don't say we are implied by a higher power. I say we somehow have no real control on our reactions? Well, thats a deep theory. But you say 'you choose'. No, the chemical reactions in your brain make you choose. How this chain-reaction of chemical reactions through your brain run is a riddle to me.

Its a super big comlex subject. But, then again, perhaps there is also a world we do not know about (like a 5th dimension) that influences our 'choices', aka, soul? Perhaps, that will make it sort of yin-yan.

Logic -> unlogic
Good -> evil
etc

But, that also makes me thing of equations... rofl. Eek, life is math

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#22)
HangFire
Best served chilled

You are those chemical reactions in your brain, that is your conciousness and your existence. If it wasn't "you" being those chemical rections and making the decisions, then you'd be some sort of observer, helplessly experiencing that brain's whims.

Old
  (#23)
Exilibur
Arnfred

how do you know?

Those chemical reactions might as well be responsible for your observations.

A greyscale with just one color? Heaven must surely be a dull place.
This calls for an extraordinary mix of psychology and extreme violence!

Old
  (#24)
sfx1999

Everyone knows that your pineal gland is actually an antenna.

sfx1999.postcount++

Old
  (#25)
von Ryan
Yeah, right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfx1999
Everyone knows that your pineal gland is actually an antenna.
That's a thought...

von Ryan, pwning Combine Dropships since 2005

Old
  (#26)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

heyyo,

I'm Roman Catholic.

I'm quite a believer, I go to church on sundays... but I'm not too happy aboot our current priest... it feels like he fears me.. LMAO, I'm not joking guys! I think he really does! He'll like be singing all happily, and then turn and see me and then instantly sulk, and he tries to avoid any eye contact with me.... Maybe I shouldn't be wearing my sweater with spikes onnit to church though, and wearing my black cargo pants... I probably look like one imtimidating Mexican with a shiv in his back pocket to go stabby stabby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Guy
Bathroom Roaches: "I'm gonna cut you soo bad... you're gonna wish I diddn't cut you so bad!"
Tennant: "Yeah, it's bad."
Brian: "I blame the schools..."

One good theory on religion I remember hearing before is: all religions praise the same god, but we all see it in different perspectives. It's like those confusing pictures. Ya know? the 2 faces n' the vase? it's all about perspective... Intruiging eh?

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#27)
HangFire
Best served chilled

Default Re: Religion thread - 07-01-2005

Yeah but then theres the religions that are polytheists, and also the religions that don't neccessarily worship a God or Gods of any form.

Old
  (#28)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

i've seen a good documentation about religions; all religions today where based off the very principles of 'one ' religion sort of 5000 years ago or something. It was pretty interesting.

I see it like this, there are people who like to believe 'together', so they find 'support' in what they believe, because other believe it so as well.

Everbody's 'believe' has a different experience. Though you might think the other person has the exact same feelings, i think this is to much egocentrism. The tricky part is, you can never tell how someone feels, because you cannot have his senses ..

I think everybody searches for the same thing; most generally put 'meaning of life'. And to fill that in, you can have many reasons and theories. Like "i am some sort of cause->effect, action->reaction" result and therefor bring continiuty in the timeline to steer the future into a particular direction. Or you think you're supporting some higher power for the 'good' (subjective!) of mankind.

What i find interesting in life and religion, is that i always wonder if there are more senses then we have now. I believe there are more senses, because how can animals 'feel' danger for example. Like the tsunami in Azia. I heard people felt the danger and ran away while humans where still like there "wtf".

Also , there is 'mother instinct' and other 'instincts'. I find it funny how we call those 'instincts' and the other 'senses'. Probably due the fact we humans can 'proof' those 5 senses, and everybody has them. But after that, nobody cared about more senses.

Anybody seen the "Sixth Sense" , about that little boy who sees dead people? Imo, there could be a seventh, eigth sense too What about death itself?

ah, to much to fit into this thread rofl.

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#29)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangFire
You are those chemical reactions in your brain, that is your conciousness and your existence. If it wasn't "you" being those chemical rections and making the decisions, then you'd be some sort of observer, helplessly experiencing that brain's whims.
No, you would not be observer, because the observation itself is an action that requires such reactions to happen. The real question here is, what is consciousness. To me it's an emergent phenomenon.

MORPHEUS: What is real? How do you define real? If you're talking about your senses, what you feel, taste, smell, or see, then all you're talking about are electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

... and he's technically right
On top of these chemical reactions between the synapses, what drives the brain is electric patterns. The chemical reactions happen only to allow the electric pulse to jump from one cell to another. The brain is the only human organ that can be said to be electronically coded. The signals the brain interprets are coded in frequency, intensity and duration. These signals are aperiodic bursts of pulses of certain lengths (I would rather say, whose frequency decreases more or less regularly). It can happen that several signals in resonance fry a cell itself, in this sense we are all "brain-damaged" by nature. This is what our uniqueness comes from, and what makes our consciousness, as an emergent phenomenon, differ from others although being sufficiently similar to feel the link of the species, being the sum of our hardcoded genetical program (our electronic diagram, if you want), and our inner transformations (the wires we cut).

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#30)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Quote:
MORPHEUS: What is real? How do you define real? If you're talking about your senses, what you feel, taste, smell, or see, then all you're talking about are electrical signals interpreted by your brain.
word!