.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

The Lighthouse is ready!
Old
  (#1)
the bindlestiff

Default The Lighthouse is ready! - 21-01-2006

The waypoints for mp_thelighthouse are ready for your enjoyment. The map can be found at FileFront
http://returntocastlewolfenstein.fil...ighthouse;8328

The Allies must atack a fortified lighthouse, make their way to the top and destroy the light. It's a foggy overcast day and several bridges have to be crossed under fire before the gates to the fortress can be blown. Watch out for snipers. Then be prepared for bloody close-in fighting to reach the lighthouse entrance. The Allied engineers must work their way up six stories inside the lighthouse to reach the light which they must destroy. Look out for ambushes on the way up the ladders. There is another way up requiring some tricky jumping and very exposed climbing which I have left for the human players to discover.

Enjoy! I had fun waypointing it and learned a lot solving the problems that cropped up. Thanks to Craig for suggesting this map and for his inital work on it. Any comments and suggestions are MORE than welcome!!!

Last edited by the bindlestiff; 22-01-2006 at 18:04..

Re: The Lighthouse is ready!
Old
  (#2)
Maleficus

Default Re: The Lighthouse is ready! - 22-01-2006

Nice map - a lot of fun and intense fighting.

The bots have a hard time with the ladders, as you prolly know. You might want to check out mp_assault for some ideas (especially in the lower warehouse), for ideas on how to play with the nodes so the bots use the ladders better.

When I fix the dyno planting code, they won't overshoot with their dyno so much (saw it happen several times).

Good map overall, and a tough battle to win when allies - good job!

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#3)
the bindlestiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficus
The bots have a hard time with the ladders, as you prolly know. You might want to check out mp_assault for some ideas (especially in the lower warehouse), for ideas on how to play with the nodes so the bots use the ladders better.
Hmmmm, I thought I had them climbing pretty good. Where did you see problems? I just tested the lighthouse ladders again and had a hard time keeping up with an Axis sniper heading up to the top. Later two Allied engineers made a fast climb also. The only problem I had noticed previously was when one of the little rooms got overcrowded with bots, all trying to climb at the same time.

I looked at mp_assault per your suggestion. The bottom nodes were set well out from the bottom of the ladders while I have set mine up the steps a little way. Also, the one-way jumps on and off the tops of the ladders was very unusual. It shows that the bots are more versatile than I thought -- with proper waypointing they can get on and off ladders better than I can!

Old
  (#4)
Maleficus

Hmm, maybe it was just the time I saw them then - misbehaving for their creator!

I played for about half an hour, and every time I'd go into the light house, there would be 1-2 eng bots struggling up that first ladder, get to the top and get stuck, then jump back down and repeat, until an axis bot went in and gunned them down. Once they got past the first ladder, they usually had no problems getting to the top, but that first ladder seemed to be the biggest issue.

Crapshoot did a really great job with Assualt, and really demostrates how to let the bots use even the most tricky ladders.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#5)
the bindlestiff

The Lighthouse is REALLY ready now!

The upper ladders where the room diameters get small were the problem ones for me -- I guess I didn't observe the bots long enough on the "easier" lower ladder. Anyhow, I fussed with it some more -- just minor changes really. I observed it for four rounds and saw at least 16 bots (Allied & Axis) zip right up it with no hesitation or falling off. Maybe I've got it fixed this time!

Thanks for pointing out the difficulty. I DO like to have things correct and play well! Here's the updated version.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TheLighthouse.zip (5.8 KB, 342 views)

Old
  (#6)
MavericK

Default Re: The Lighthouse is ready! - 26-01-2006

I have a question, it may soud n00b, but when I uncompress thelighthouse.zip I get 4 files, 2 .cfg files, one .nav, and a .aiscript file, I know I have to put the .cfg's in configs folder, but where do the other 2 go, I have had the same issue with mp_callfire_nochopper waypoints, witch dont seem to work in my PC...

Thanks for the help...

Mav

Old
  (#7)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: The Lighthouse is ready! - 26-01-2006

There is no such thing as a noob question, only noobs who ask questions :p

Open up the fritz1.pk3 file with winzip and put the nav file in /bots/maps and the aiscript file in /bots/scripts

or you could create the folders in the fritzbot directory and put them there.