.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > The Agora
The Agora This is the place to go if you have suggestions, or if you want to participate in Council discussions. Everyone is welcome!

czero bot
Old
  (#1)
dead bwoy

Default czero bot - 10-04-2004

I know this bot has its own forum at turtle rock, but it is a bot, free or not. I love this forum (BU) for the fact that most bots are all found in one place. The biggest thing i hate about the turtle rock forum is that you cannot add attachments to your posts. I know that not many people have czero yet, but I think there should be a sticky thread or something at least linking to czero bot (The official CSBot). Maybe they would consider moving their forums here? I just dont know what to do with the .nav's I've been working on. A website has been started: http://czero.kaetemi.be/ but so far, the forum's pretty dead (3 registered users); and yet again, no attachments.

your thoughts???

EDIT:
How about a thread for the csbot under "Cyborg Factory" if we can get mike @ turtle rock to join BU.

Last edited by dead bwoy; 11-04-2004 at 00:41..

Re: czero bot
Old
  (#2)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Default Re: czero bot - 12-04-2004

Quote:
How about a thread for the csbot under "Cyborg Factory" if we can get mike @ turtle rock to join BU.
There's no rule stating that commercial bot developers cannot join BU. In fact "TurtleRock" is already a welcome member of BU. Anyone in the commercial computer game industry is welcome to join.

I think a forum in here for the CZ bot would be redundant since there's an official one already available. In any case, the BU council had decided that it would be inappropriate to host forums for commercial bots (although I don't see a rule documenting the decision anywhere, there may be a thread in the Agora documenting the decision). There should also be a thread in the Agora which talks about guidlines for hosting a bot forum.

I had proposed in the Agora that we at least allow a "Commercial Bots" section for placement of links to commercial bot forums. From what I remember, the proposal did not get much response.

I still think providing links to commercial bots is a good idea, especially if we can get a BU link placed at the commercial website or forum - everyone wins in such a case.

Maker of the (mEAn) Bot.Admin Manager

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Old
  (#3)
dead bwoy

so how about a moderator or council member (im not sure of their duties), get ahold of mike@turtlerockstudios.com (im just guessing that is his e-mail...) and propose a link trading. of course falling under:
Other bot forums:
these forums are not part of the Bots United forums
(on the forum's main page http://forums.bots-united.com/)
Ive just always seen BU as my all-in-one source for bots...

Last edited by dead bwoy; 12-04-2004 at 01:44..

Old
  (#4)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Quote:
Originally Posted by botmeister
I had proposed in the Agora that we at least allow a "Commercial Bots" section for placement of links to commercial bot forums. From what I remember, the proposal did not get much response.
We had agreed, from what I remember. Did I forget to add the CS bot link ? Oops, sorry! Here it is.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#5)
dead bwoy

Default Re: czero bot - 13-04-2004

will you allow custom map/nav uploads for csbot in the filebase under waypoints? there is currently a couple indy websites hosting them now, and i know my free site is pretty unreliable...

Old
  (#6)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Why not ? This bot has certainly his place at Bots United... I don't see anything that could prevent some CSBot's nav files to be hosted here. After all, since CZero is out, the bot is no more illegal...

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#7)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty
Why not ? This bot has certainly his place at Bots United... I don't see anything that could prevent some CSBot's nav files to be hosted here. After all, since CZero is out, the bot is no more illegal...
ditto

Maker of the (mEAn) Bot.Admin Manager

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut