.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > RealBot > The RealBot 'Source'
The RealBot 'Source' Discuss things about the source code. You can here point out bugs, share ideas and code. Assign to become an 'official team member' and so on!

Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things....
Old
  (#11)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 08-06-2004

UPLOADED! grab via same link in filebase.

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things....
Old
  (#12)
dstruct2k

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 09-06-2004

I assume CVS is updated as well...

Old
  (#13)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 09-06-2004

yes, it was already updated... release was later.

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things
Old
  (#14)
eAnic

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things - 13-06-2004

Can anyone please send me the realbot source via email, so that i can compile it on linux?

I cannot get the source via cvs, because the following appears:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@bots-united.com:/home/cvsroot checkout -P filebase
cvs [server aborted]: This server requires an encrypted connection
cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot expand modules

my email: eanic ? a t ? statictune ? dot ? net

Old
  (#15)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 13-06-2004

you probably don't have ssl installed..

Old
  (#16)
eAnic

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 13-06-2004

Damn, i just noticed it

But i still managed to get the source code.
Now my next problem:
I compiled the source code with gcc 3.3.3 successfully, but when i tried to start my server, i got a badf error.
Who knows, whats wrong there?

Old
  (#17)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

you can't compile it with gcc3.3.3 you need gcc2.95.3

Old
  (#18)
eAnic

Strange, the realbot wip #9 works with gcc 3.3.3 and the wip #10 doesn't?
You are kidding, aren't you?

Old
  (#19)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

I've tried compile a lot of different metamod plugins with gcc3.3.2..
none would load..
when i compile with gcc2.95.3 they all worked...

Old
  (#20)
Lethal

Default Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... - 17-06-2004

Right this is not a problem but more like a fix to problem.
The fps spikes maybe caused by the bots not finding the important area code!! I have no real concrete evidence except for 15mins of testing this mornning.
I was playing around with the important command of realbot.
Problem: you must make sure that you have installed RBv1 for the directories and the "ini" directory in the data/cstrike is empty.
Solution to the fps drops seemed to be adding important areas manually and saving them!
I cant be sure this will stop the spikes completely but it does give the bots more options of what route to take rather head striaght for the doors in de_dust2.

One other thing whats that wav. file i seem to be missing imgood12 or something, tad annoying to see the error come up in the console. Where could i get it from and why is it there?
Ta.

Last edited by Lethal; 17-06-2004 at 12:01..