.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Enhancement Workshop > Metamod and metamod plugins
Metamod and metamod plugins Plugins and improvements for the metamod server-side mod

i am a sped sometimes...
Old
  (#1)
Eskimo

Default i am a sped sometimes... - 04-06-2004

ok, i have a couple of questions about metamod as i have never used it before.
1. where do u put the dlls for metamod plugins? in the cstrike dlls or metamod dlls?
2. if i want to use realbot but not as a plugin for metamod, how do i configure that?
3. what is a listen server? i start up my games by launching steam, starting CS, then clicking new game and start. is that a ded, lan, or listen server?
4. do u use "\" or "/" when typing in paths for plugins.ini? (i have windows) but even on the win32 paths that are already listed there, it uses "/" not "\". i am confused.
5. steam works fine whenever i have my liblist.gam edited so that it points to realbot. whenever i modify it and have it point to metamod.dll, my game crashes by either taking me right back to my desktop after my server starts loading, or it a dialog box comes up saying that hl launcer has encountered an error and needs to close.

srry for being such a sped sometimes

Re: i am a sped sometimes...
Old
  (#2)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Default Re: i am a sped sometimes... - 04-06-2004

1. Wherever you want, provided the path you put in the plugins.ini points to them...
2. AFAIK you can't, at least with the current WIPs. Older versions of RealBot used to run standalone.
3. This is a listen server. A listen server is a server on which you play (that means that as soon as the server starts, one player enters: you). A dedicated server is a server running on a machine but with no player connected on it initially.
4. That doesn't make any difference. /'s are understood by Windows and Linux, whereas \'s are just understood by Windows.
5. Because either you don't have the latest metamod, or metamod is unable to re-create your mp.dll file. Search the forums for a thread titled "[How To Fix]CS crash after metamod's upgrade".

De nada

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Re: i am a sped sometimes...
Old
  (#3)
Eskimo

Default Re: i am a sped sometimes... - 04-06-2004

ah, thank you very, very much. o, and by the way i use realbot 1.0, not wip.