Ideas One idea per thread please! :)

Re: Some upgrades for pod-bot?
Old
  (#11)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: Some upgrades for pod-bot? - 25-07-2008

Ancient, you couldn't explain that better
It's hard for me to explain those things in a language wich is not my birth-language.
Srry, getting

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old
  (#12)
The_Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
Well, making a bot more human-like isn't really an idea, more like an unfillable desire.
Implementing an idea and making podbbot mm stable afterwords has to be hard. It is for making a Portal System.

Humans actually do things at random.
They choose a sequence of things at random.
Wiether they randomly choose to camp and wait for the person / bot to reappear or they run away to hide at an advantage camping spot. Even engaging is randomly picked, but how they engage is up to the person wiether to fly over boxes and jump down and slaughter the enemy or even to engage and do it silently.

Everything is random, but making the bot know what the sequences are especially in changable maps has to be difficult. They have to randomly choose the apporpriate sequence and be able to navigate around the map correctly. To me the mere thought is confusing and difficult sounding.
Ok, now something I understand about them that it's not easy to add some of those things.

Quote:
Well, making a bot more human-like isn't really an idea, more like an unfillable desire.
Yeah , but it sound more realistic that You can actually play like with some humans.
And for a bots maybe take off that in every round start they say : Fallow me because I dont like that almost all bots are follow to one of them instead of round start follow me in every new round bots will go to each
place. (ok, I can't say it, because I don't know how to say it I hope You understood me.) Then It will be realistic if that follow me will be take out.
And then again bots won't do missions sometimes in de_ maps they not always set up c4 and CT's not always defusing it but run some place else.
And it's on cs_ maps same thing CT's not allways try to rescue hostages and sometimes one of CT take only one hostage and try to rescue him. And they allways camp in vents and I don't like that because I send them radio message : go go go and they don't respond and sit there and I'm amid then in vent and I can't get out, then round are over and hostages are not resuced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Yes. Especially when I don't have time to work on it. Actually I'm working on ChickenMod Orange Edition.
LOL, sounds funny.

Old
  (#13)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Well, you are trying to say that the bots should sometimes avoid completeing their mission.
Once in awhile don't plant c4 and sometimes don't rescue hostages.
I can see that being a good feature.

One I thought might be good is to auto kick and auto add a bot after being kicked to regulate the different names on a server. Sounds stupid but seems more realistic and will drag people in.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#14)
The_Thing

Quote:
Well, you are trying to say that the bots should sometimes avoid completeing their mission.
Once in awhile don't plant c4 and sometimes don't rescue hostages.
I can see that being a good feature.

One I thought might be good is to auto kick and auto add a bot after being kicked to regulate the different names on a server. Sounds stupid but seems more realistic and will drag people in.
You say that it's good that bots don't do the mission?

Yeah, that seem cool that bots will be auto kicked but is there plugin like that to add with pod-bots?

Old
  (#15)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Well, podbot mm could have its own feature to auto kick a bot every 5 or 10 minutes then a little later add another bot with a different name. Like simulating a real server.

About not completing a mission or goal isn't good or bad. It is a nice feature that should be added, but I'm not saying it is a good or bad idea.
A human doesn't complete a goal every single mission. However, they try to. Sometimes when a CT is to save a hostage, they don't because they are afraid to move from a spot especially when they have a certain weapon.

Like if a passive bot is alone and has to save a hostage, it can make a random choice to either try to rescue a hostage or just camp there like a scared person would.
And I know when I play with humans that sometimes they don't try and defuse the bomb/c4. This not completeing a mission is going to make it seem more human-like, but it is probably more complex to put it into code than putting it into an idea.

If you look at newer games, you see them saying how they have to put hundereds of lines of codes to put in certain cases and then the AI (Bot) has to choose them at random or choose the correct one in a specific case. Since KWo has little time and isn't getting paid to do this stuff, not every feature will be added unless they are simpiler and recomended by many and has value in them.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Last edited by Ancient; 25-07-2008 at 23:23..

Old
  (#16)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Thing View Post
And for a bots maybe take off that in every round start they say : Fallow me because I dont like that almost all bots are follow to one of them instead of round start follow me in every new round bots will go to each
place. (ok, I can't say it, because I don't know how to say it I hope You understood me.)
Go to podbot.cfg and find the setting
pb_numfollowuser and change the value You have there to 0. They will not follow anybody. I don't remember, but maybe they also don't use follow me command anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Thing View Post
And they allways camp in vents and I don't like that because I send them radio message : go go go and they don't respond and sit there and I'm amid then in vent and I can't get out, then round are over and hostages are not resuced.
Look at the direction You want them to go and call "Storm the front" - they should go. Eventually go to the place You want them to come to and call "Taking fire need assistnce". Try to be more smart than they are.

Old
  (#17)
The_Thing

Default Re: Some upgrades for pod-bot? - 26-07-2008

Quote:
Well, podbot mm could have its own feature to auto kick a bot every 5 or 10 minutes then a little later add another bot with a different name. Like simulating a real server.

About not completing a mission or goal isn't good or bad. It is a nice feature that should be added, but I'm not saying it is a good or bad idea.
A human doesn't complete a goal every single mission. However, they try to. Sometimes when a CT is to save a hostage, they don't because they are afraid to move from a spot especially when they have a certain weapon.

Like if a passive bot is alone and has to save a hostage, it can make a random choice to either try to rescue a hostage or just camp there like a scared person would.
And I know when I play with humans that sometimes they don't try and defuse the bomb/c4. This not completeing a mission is going to make it seem more human-like, but it is probably more complex to put it into code than putting it into an idea.

If you look at newer games, you see them saying how they have to put hundereds of lines of codes to put in certain cases and then the AI (Bot) has to choose them at random or choose the correct one in a specific case. Since KWo has little time and isn't getting paid to do this stuff, not every feature will be added unless they are simpiler and recomended by many and has value in them.
So I thought is there something like this that some of bots are passive then others, thats way they don't do missions?

Quote:
This is good idea so it has done already or it will be make someday, sounds good if every new round will be coming new bots in server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Go to podbot.cfg and find the setting
pb_numfollowuser and change the value You have there to 0. They will not follow anybody. I don't remember, but maybe they also don't use follow me command anymore.

Look at the direction You want them to go and call "Storm the front" - they should go. Eventually go to the place You want them to come to and call "Taking fire need assistnce". Try to be more smart than they are.
KWo, thanks again for more info. If I could I would add +K to You if this be possible.

Old
  (#18)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: Some upgrades for pod-bot? - 28-07-2008

About the follow me command.
If I'm not mistakin', only the bot carrying the C4 will give the command on round start ( just to increase the chance to get the C4 there on time )
But by saying this, CT's won't give that radio command, so I'm not sure of what I am saying now ( can not test myself )

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old
  (#19)
KamiDisturbed

Default Re: Some upgrades for pod-bot? - 10-01-2010

Is there upgrade that the bots wont see trough smoke? i think i posted a thread to it but i need bots that doesent see trough smoke as fast as possible. if theres no such upgrade does anyone know any bots, that aint podbot or zbot, that in the bots mod they wont see trough smoke. i seriously need to know this

Old
  (#20)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Some upgrades for pod-bot? - 10-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamiDisturbed View Post
Is there upgrade that the bots wont see trough smoke? i think i posted a thread to it but i need bots that doesent see trough smoke as fast as possible. if theres no such upgrade does anyone know any bots, that aint podbot or zbot, that in the bots mod they wont see trough smoke. i seriously need to know this
I was trying to fight with that, but it looks it still doesn't work correctly and it needs to be fixed.