.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Re: New waypoints??
Old
  (#11)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: New waypoints?? - 19-08-2006

Never played tankrace but I'm downloading it now. Looks like one of the silly maps. I suppose a less than serious waypoint attempt wouldn't take too long... (I suspect it will be largely just mayhem). I won't take this on to completion but could put in a days worth and then release it for the next person to continue...

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Old
  (#12)
Nova2001

Default Re: New waypoints?? - 21-08-2006

Funny - I just had wisdom teeth out, too. Boy, it sure... sucks. I found a place that makes shakes with lots of extra nutrients or nutrinos or something. That was my entire diet for a couple days. You should see if you can find something like that -- it beats applesauce.

I'm still blundering through trying to figure out waypointing, myself. I'd love to see Glider mapped, although I imagine myself slowly building up to that.

Psyched about Venice.

Re: New waypoints?? Glider
Old
  (#13)
TomTom

Default Re: New waypoints?? Glider - 21-08-2006

IMHO Glider may not be ideal for Fritzbot. The bots will not understand that they have to stay in the glider, nor how to make good use of the hopper tram. Tried waypointing it for bobot. Made a rare few bots go to the node at the center of the built glider but most fell out by the time the glider banked. The only ones that made it to the other end either blew up when the glider exploded or stood around doing nothing having fallen out before the landing. On the otherhand I did enjoy the fight for the spawn flag.
One solution might be to play it as 2-3 battles. The play would depend then on You (an Allied engineer) getting on the glider and building the CP. Then script the building of the CP (ruins) to force all spawns immediately for the battle for the tank. (you might lose a few survivor bots because the distance will be too great to get them to roam over). Then to complete the game change the spawns automatically for the final battle when the tank gets to or beyond the barrier(s). Lots of work there I think. If you are serious about it, focus on one part at a time. Get the battle for the spawn and glider done first and ignore the rest to start. Too bad we can't merge navs...

p.s. Alternately you could timer the flag spawn capture and then shift all spawns to the second battle after say 3 minutes. For more on script commands (i.e. to edit maps/glider.script) try here

Old
  (#14)
Adder

Default Re: New waypoints?? - 23-08-2006

Hi People

Anyone working on Supply depot2? Would be a great map to see waypointed for fritz.
Cheers
adder

Old
  (#15)
TomTom

Default Re: New waypoints?? - 14-07-2007

Ok in my search for a final waypoint I am revisiting glider right now (currently 3.02). So you can expect to see some waypoint tests on my site next month. While not a highly popular map it does present waypointing challenges for me like eagles_2ways does/did. Support for everything is unlikely and version 3.02 has the same problem as baserace (too many entities) so it may be unstable. But it holds interesting possibilities...

Old
  (#16)
nedd3h

GREAT!

Glider is a LOT of fun
...keen to test this one!

Old
  (#17)
Nova2001

A personal favorite. Anything that makes it playable would be much appreciated!

Old
  (#18)
TomTom

Default Re: New waypoints?? - 20-07-2007

Lousy cold this week so lucky you get "next month"s preview NOW. Just follow the images to the link on page 6.
ONLY FOR USE WITH GLIDER_302 VERSION, KEEP THE TEAMS REASONABLE, ONE FIELDOP PER, JOIN THE ALLIES, THEN COME OUT OF YOUR CORNERS FIGHTING...

Old
  (#19)
nedd3h

Default Re: New waypoints?? - 21-07-2007

great news!will look at this asap