.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Offtopic
Offtopic Just anything. You have time to waste ? Prove it !!!

Re: Why?!?!?
Old
  (#31)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: Why?!?!? - 23-05-2004

I agree. However, one side of the problem is the schedules to which the schools themselves must adhere. In 99% of all cases, teachers are simply not allowed to decide (to a certain extent) what they want to teach and how they are going to teach it. In Germany, the system focuses on the way and not on the goal. Instead of saying: "Listen, guys, we want every pupil to know this and that stuff - how you teach that is up to you". This would make it possible for schools to earn a certain profile by offering different teaching methods, and at the same time parents and children could choose a school which suits them well.
Another problem to address is what teachers learn. In many cases, even teachers who will teach English to very young children are required to know, interpret and even spontaneously translate tons of English literature, but until some months ago, they were not required to spend a single lousy day at an actual school, in an actual classroom with real pupils. The pedagogic and didactic aspect of their work is totally neglected, and thus it's no surprise to see many teachers who know the stuff they are supposed to teach, but they are unable to convey it - the result is well-known: boredom and that feeling of being stuffed with unnecessary knowledge against your will.
---------------------------
Btw, Pierre: It seems we were similar pupils - in my last years, I missed a LOT. Once when I came to school some classmates told me that their teacher had asked if I had moved and changed to another school...

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.