.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^
Old
  (#241)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 17-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
Well, I know I'm using an older version of podbot mm, but I was playing cs_poltergiest and it is a very dark map. What seemed off what a bot not using a flash light in dark places. I really could only follow them with the waypoint view on. I don't know if you worked or had this done already, just wondering if you did. A link to cs_poltergiest + waypoints will be available soon.
Please always report the notices/bugs to the latest version. I don't know if something not working in the older version is now working or not. Just try.

Old
  (#242)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 19-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
This version is a Release Candidate 1 for official V3B20 version, so please let me know if You can see any bugs there.
I'm here to say that I currently can't test any versions cause my pc is crashed. I'm trying to move on my own ( live on my own ) as soon as possible to buy a whole new pc and rejoin the podbot-testing. This however can take a while and really can't say for the moment how long all this will take but I'll keep ya guys up to date if any progress has been made.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old
  (#243)
ProRaiL

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 28-07-2008

K, played with new version, so things I have spotted:

1) Shooting with running, especially with AWP, or when shooting through walls, also it's disappointing on mid-ranged and long-ranged combats... Also jumping sometimes when it's not needed...
2) Bots' play as CTs is just awful, they often can't defuse bomb or just don't go to bombplace...
3) Performance is worse than before, its almost impossible to play with 19 bots for example as they cause huge lag to the server...
4) They began picking up weapons when they must fight, making themselves a perfect target...
5) Shooting though walls with MP5 is kinda strange, same when they spending all their ammunition when shooting in the places where it's not actually necessary
6) Grenade throwing sometimes from long distances, they throw it too high and it explodes in the air making no harm to the target... Sometimes throwing when there's no enemy (especially in the wall for example, kind of aiming bug)
7) Dropping expensive weapons, especially when they bought it (one changed AWP to Galil o_O)

Maybe forgot something, the demo as usual: http://slv-line.ru/cs/misc/pbdemo.rar

Old
  (#244)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 28-07-2008

Well, in your demo I more specificly had seen a bot through a nade at some stairs and caused damage to themselves, and instead of reloading they switched to knives.

Also the bots not going to defuse, might have been specific to that map, because they seemed to have gotten stuck on the boxes and the walls before hitting the doors to the bombsite. Does that often happen on other or all maps?

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#245)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 29-07-2008

I'm very sorry - but corrently I don't have time to watch Your demo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProRaiL View Post
2) Bots' play as CTs is just awful, they often can't defuse bomb or just don't go to bombplace...
So what they are doing then? If they are focused on combat with enemy or they have low health - that's normal they are not interrested to find the bomb.
Quote:
3) Performance is worse than before, its almost impossible to play with 19 bots for example as they cause huge lag to the server...
Do You have somewhere the version V3B19k/l (just before V3B19m) to make comparation tests if with everything the same on the server the CPU usage with the same amount of bots is really lower with any older version?

Quote:
4) They began picking up weapons when they must fight, making themselves a perfect target...
Well they should do it only if they are out of ammo (maybe they are checking only the current ammo clip instead the all ammo - I have to re-check that).

Quote:
5) Shooting though walls with MP5 is kinda strange, same when they spending all their ammunition when shooting in the places where it's not actually necessary
You want to say they are shooting at the direction where there is no enemy behind that wall at all?
Quote:
6) Grenade throwing sometimes from long distances, they throw it too high and it explodes in the air making no harm to the target... Sometimes throwing when there's no enemy (especially in the wall for example, kind of aiming bug)
Yeah - I have seen that also - it looks like they are changing aiming direction before throwing the nade...
Quote:
7) Dropping expensive weapons, especially when they bought it (one changed AWP to Galil o_O)
Well - they have to do that - otherwise the weapon priorities is useless. Every bot wou;ld use just price priorities. They don't remember they have bought it or they found it. I would need to make a separate merker in the bot structure for such stupid thing. I did it so - if they have higher price weapon at the round start, they don't drop it to buy a cheaper one. But I'm not going them to prevent them to pickup (for free) a cheaper one, but in their opinion - better one. If You don't like that, You can change the file botsweapon.cfg - this way You can avoid this what You don't like without totally changing the functionality of weapon priorities system.

Old
  (#246)
ProRaiL

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 29-07-2008

Quote:
So what they are doing then? If they are focused on combat with enemy or they have low health - that's normal they are not interrested to find the bomb.
didn't noticed about health, they just standing or running in another bombplace

Quote:
Do You have somewhere the version V3B19k/l (just before V3B19m) to make comparation tests if with everything the same on the server the CPU usage with the same amount of bots is really lower with any older version?
as for me it seemed not so bad in k and l versions

Quote:
You want to say they are shooting at the direction where there is no enemy behind that wall at all?
at least shooting with MP5 through wall doesn't look so strange? for other weapons: they must spent lesser ammo as their shooting forced to be inaccurate

Old
  (#247)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 14-08-2008

A new minor update - V3B19n
Changes:
+Fixed problem with bots looking very often at ceilling.
+Forcing CT bots stop camping and trying to defuse the bomb if the defuser got killed.
+Changed a bit method of checking if the entity to pickup (i.e. bomb) is visble (so that should also fix problem with bomb partially visible after dropping).
+Changed a bit blinded behaviour.
+Changed - the bots are not trying to spray so much the ammo for the enemy behind the wall (just a little bit and with some interval time (15sec) it may happen again).
+Fixed - reloading time is a bit longer than in V3B19m, so the bots shouldn't start to use knives if they are thinking they are reloading too long time.

Because of some problems with the filebase, the files are temporary available here:
http://podbotmm.cfegames.com/files/p..._mm_v3B19n.zip
http://podbotmm.cfegames.com/files/p...6so_v3B19n.zip

Please test it, especially with the bomb partially visible (I hope that is fixed).

Last edited by KWo; 14-08-2008 at 23:38..

Old
  (#248)
ProRaiL

you gave wrong links
it's

http://podbotmm.cfegames.com/files/p..._mm_v3B19n.zip
http://podbotmm.cfegames.com/files/p...6so_v3B19n.zip

( http://podbotmm.cfegames.com/files/podbot_mm/Beta/ )

Old
  (#249)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Yeah - thanks - it's fixed.
About awp - when I'll have time I'll force all the bots to use awps (in CSDM it's easy) and I'll try to see if they are jumping or doing other weird things while shooting with that weapon. I haven't had time to look at that yet.

Old
  (#250)
dor123
Unofficial podbot mm tester

Big Grin Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 15-08-2008

Unofficial podbot mm tester, TO THE RESCUE

dor123

PodBot - The best CS Bots evah! (KWo rulez)

F*ck OFF but don't forget to also Rock ON