.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^
Old
  (#221)
Immortal_BLG

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 11-06-2008

No problems for such man
I saw your code, I earlier did not know and has peeped it from source RACC bot , and earlier at me was so:

PHP Code:
void Bot:: SwitchFlashlight (bool on)
{

// this function switches on/off the flashlight of a bot.

if
     (
          (
on && (!g_botVar[Variable_FlashLight]->GetBool () || (pev->effects EF_DIMLIGHT) || m_flashLightBattery == || !IsAlive (GetEntity ()))) ||
          (!
on && !(pev->effects EF_DIMLIGHT))
     )
         return;

if (
on)

pev->effects |= EF_DIMLIGHT;
     else

pev->effects &= ~EF_DIMLIGHT;

// emit flashlight sound

EMIT_SOUND_DYN2 (GetEntity (), CHAN_VOICE"items/flashlight1.wav"VOL_NORMATTN_NORM0PITCH_NORM);

And charging of the battery occured so:

PHP Code:
if (pev->effects EF_DIMLIGHT)
{
     static 
float dischargingFlashLightBatteryTime 0.0;

if (
m_flashLightBattery && dischargingFlashLightBatteryTime 1.2 <= GetWorldTime ())
     {

m_flashLightBattery--;

dischargingFlashLightBatteryTime GetWorldTime ();
     }
}
else
{
     static 
float chargingFlashLightBatteryTime 0.0;

if (
m_flashLightBattery 100 && chargingFlashLightBatteryTime 0.2 <= GetWorldTime ())
     {

m_flashLightBattery++;

chargingFlashLightBatteryTime GetWorldTime ();
     }

You see as I counted up, complete discharging of the battery occurs for 2 minutes and complete charging for 20 seconds.

Old
  (#222)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 16-06-2008

Yet another update - V3B19j:
+Changed the method to turn on/off the flashlight to Immortal_BLG method.
+Bots are trying to hunt/attack the enemies and jump more often if they are chickens/zombies.

I hope this version will make even more happy Mr. pogsnet.

Old
  (#223)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 18-06-2008

One minor update - V3B19k:
+Fixed problem with TeamInfo messages, so the bots should know better who is a friend and who is an enemy.

Old
  (#224)
ProRaiL

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 19-06-2008

are you ignoring my posts or what? you doing minor stuff while I pointed you most awful bugs again (I was doing so about month ago, but you ignored it either)

Old
  (#225)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 19-06-2008

I'm not ignoring Your posts. I have been asked at AMX X forum to make podbot mm Zombie Mods compatible, because it wasn't working at all. Your bugs You were mentioning - for those people were minor ones (since finally the bots could shoot and kill the enemy, but they couldn't recognize who is a friend and who is an enemy). What do You think - what is more important then? It just depand on the point of view. Jumping bots while shooting from awp seems to be easy to fix, about "innacuracy" in aiming - since they are affected by dearkness on dark maps it may happen they "cannot" see very good Your head so they are trying to hit You into the corp. I don't know what do You mean by innacuracy. Always a moving target was the problem for them (but it is also problematic for humans). I don't know how much is that important for other people, since no one except You is pointing it out.

Old
  (#226)
ProRaiL

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 20-06-2008

what about action priorities? It's good you make unique stuff such as zm compatibility, but you shouldn't forget about original game...

Old
  (#227)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

That thing with priorities it is messed up. The problem is - sometimes firing at the enemy should be the most important, sometimes not. Example:
The bot is firing at the enemy, but now its primary weapon is out of ammo. There is another primary weapon on the ground. What to do - trying to switch to secondary or pickup the primary weapon? I believe the bot should pickup the gun (better chance to kill the enemy from the primary after pickuping it, than switching to secondary (it also takes time like pickuping the weapon, maybe a bit shorter) and trying to kill the enemy from the secondary weapon.
Another thing - the "T" bot can see there is much more teamnates near the bombsite than enemies. In that case I'm letting him to plant the bomb. But just 2 teamnates got killed - the calculation about rate teamnates/enemies has been chnaged. The bot should start taking care about him-self more instead of planting the bomb.
The same opposite situation with defusing the bomb by CTs.
Another situation - the bot started to plant the bomb (there was nobody around). But during planting the bomb, thebots has heard some noise nearby - approaching the enemy. The bot is breaking planting and it has to take care about him-self.
All those situations - if the code doesn't work as I would like to work it, seems for You as priorities messed up.
But maybe You can write a better description for an algorithm - how it should be done better?

Old
  (#228)
ProRaiL

well, in my opinion the bot should take care enemies first (even with secondary weapon), because he don't do picking up weapons fast enough, he just acts as a nice target also there can be situation that teammates is nearby but they can't actually see the enemy, so he starts defusing and gets killed

Old
  (#229)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProRaiL View Post
well, in my opinion the bot should take care enemies first (even with secondary weapon), because he don't do picking up weapons fast enough, he just acts as a nice target
Well - if the enemy is far way and the secondary weapon cannot make so much damage for the enemy, I don't think it's better to use secondary weapon in that case (instead pickup a better weapon). Switching to the secondary weapon also takes time and during that the bot is also a nice target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProRaiL View Post
also there can be situation that teammates is nearby but they can't actually see the enemy, so he starts defusing and gets killed
In that case - if the bot should always take care about enemies (even if it can just hear somebody approaching) and it would almost never plant/defuse the bomb...

Old
  (#230)
ProRaiL

maybe it's possible make him drop his primary and switch to secondary to make some "covering fire", while he will be heading to the weapon he wants to pickup? and then he can switch to this weapon. if it has no ammo, then switch back to secondary