.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot > Waypoint Forum
Waypoint Forum A place to request waypoints for a specific map, or to check on the progress of waypoints for your favorite maps.

Re: Maps Request
Old
  (#11)
Brockkiller

Default Re: Maps Request - 27-11-2006

If it's the final Fritzbot why does it have 0.7b when you start it up?

BaseRase Waypoints
Old
  (#12)
Constantino

Question BaseRase Waypoints - 06-12-2006

I would like to have waypoints to baserase, becuse its a good map
can you do it?

Old
  (#13)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Maps Request - 06-12-2006

The description makes baserace look a bit complex. I'll download it and take a look to give some feedback. However I have no time this month and there are 2 maps in my queue to take to beta that have to be done first (as well as other maps to move up the development chain). So the coming winter month are pretty full.

.one Ringstellung to rule them all.

Old
  (#14)
TomTom

Default Re: Maps Request - 07-12-2006

Ok now I remember why baserace is familiar (I tried doing a early version in bobots 1.02).
Baserace is not likely a great Fritzbot candidate. While steal and delivers can be waypointed, I don't think the delivers can be done intelligently enough. The problem is how to make the aiscript 'know' the state of the "constructibles" (script movers). If the bots (through the aiscript) can't know that some constructible is complete, or at a certain level or maxed out then likely we will see bots camping with the materials at one deliver point that is maxed out. Maybe making the deliver points class based would improve on that BUT with 8 deliver points and 5 classes (as well as some other considerations) this would IMHO just about guarrantee that the bots couldn't complete this map's objectives.
The baserace.bsp file just doesn't have the normal TOI's that are needed to properly waypoint this map, so sorry but I am going to say No to this map. And I suspect the other waypointers will come to a similar view.

Old
  (#15)
420Blunt

This map would work using fake entities to turn off the steal actions when parts of the base are fully constructed.

The problem though would be the same problem I have with venice. Fritz seems to crash when there's more than 16 action test in an aiscript.

Old
  (#16)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

It may be do-able. I don't think there would need to be a fake entity created for each construct because we can do the tests in any part of the aiscript.

The idea is to create a TOI (not a func_explosive) and trigger it from the map script each time a part of a base is built:

action 1 //our fake TOI
{
if_construct_built_true 2 //part of a base
kill_action 3 //the deliver action
if_construct_built_true 4 //another part of a base
kill_action 5 //the deliver action
}

If the constructs are set up like normal constructs, it should work. I haven't tested it yet, but will this weekend. The tricky part will be getting the fake toi triggered in a manner that will call the action test.

It may be something that we can use on maps like venice as well...

Old
  (#17)
TomTom

I don't see how fake TOIs will likely be able to detect between the 4 different type of fences built at the same location when all they seem to have different is scriptmovers in the bsp. And there are 10 locations (not 8 like i said before) per team so I agree with 420blunt that fritzbot may blow out the memory before the scripting is finished.
But on the otherhand if anyone can figure out how I think it will be Crapshoot.

Old
  (#18)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

well the idea is to set up 1 fake toi for the purpose of using it's action test in the aiscript as sort of a helper function to handle the killing of the deliver actions.

we won't need action tests for each 'construction' (any of them actually). we just need to trigger the game in the map script when a construct is completed in a manner that will call our helper function...that's going to be the tricky part..

EDIT: I guess if you want to be able to give the bots explicit instructions on the order that they build the bases, then you are probably right; it will require too much scripting.

Last edited by CrapShoot; 07-12-2006 at 08:12..

Old
  (#19)
420Blunt

I just noticed in my above post I said, the fake entities were for turning off steal actions. I screwed up and wanted to say deliver actions instead of steal.