.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Error Report
Old
  (#1)
Tiger

Default Error Report - 08-05-2007

Now that I am nearing completion of a new version of Base, I find that when I try to add bots to the server I get an error pop-up from Windows telling me the program needs to shut down. Any takers?

Re: Error Report
Old
  (#2)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Default Re: Error Report - 08-05-2007

i added that feature into my waypoints. if anyone fiddles with them, their pc will explode.

did you by any chance change any of the entity numbers for the objectives? the game will crash if they are set wrong. a simple test would be to set up a bot config without any engineers. if it does not crash, double check the entity numbers for the radar dynamite plants.

Old
  (#3)
Tiger

Default Re: Error Report - 09-05-2007

Lol, is that why I had to throw out two of my past computers after they each exploded? Just kidding I'll try that tonight. Thanks for the info. Also, I find that when I set route actions they don't follow the probabilities I assigned them. Could this also be due to entity issues?

Old
  (#4)
Tiger

Also, just FYI, all my path files are created from scratch. I don't build on work that has already been put in. By the way, have you had a chance to look at any of my questions regarding turning on or off things like revives under water or packs being dropped after a body has been gibbed?

Old
  (#5)
Tiger

Just tested it without changing the entity numbers. Other bot classes give the same error. Any takes? Could it still be an entnum issue since engineers are the primary goal fulfillers and all the other bot classes simply follow to support the goal?

Old
  (#6)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

shouldn't happen on that map without engineers. next step is to post the waypoints so someone can take a look. only thing i can think of is if somehow an objective type goal snuck its way into the map (like a steal or capture).

as for the revive / pack stuff, i don't believe that those were made into cvars; so they can't be turned off afaik.

btw, it's ok to edit any of my rtcw waypoints. I don't mind.