.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

podbot.cfg CVARs for Human vs Bot server?
Old
  (#1)
Iconoclast

Default podbot.cfg CVARs for Human vs Bot server? - 03-03-2008

Hey guys, I installed the PODBot on my server last week and up until now I've just been messing around with them and stuff, but I've decided I want to make my server into one where the Bots are on one team and the humans are on another. I've tried several things, but I still seem to be having some troubles. Here's what I've got:

My server has 12 slots, and I've set the cvars in podbot.cfg so that the bots will automatically go to Terrorist team, and I've set the mp_autoteambalance cvar in my server.cfg file to "0" so that they'll stay there.

Now, I've set my minbot cvar to 0, and my maxbot cvar to 10 (because I don't want there being anymore than 10 bots in the server).

But for some reason the server will only have 7/12, meaning that when there's no human players, there will be 7 bots...and when a human player joins, a bot leaves (so if there's 1 human, there will be 6 bots...if there's 2 humans, there will be 5 bots, etc.)

I just want it so that there will be 10 bots in the server when no one is playing on it so that people can still join (2 slots open), and when people do join, a bot is removed so there are still open slots (so assuming 10 players join, 10 bots leave and there are still 2 slots open).

Sorry if I made this more confusing than it has to be, if you need me to reword it please let me know, or please give me some help! Thanks a lot!

EDIT: Here's an easy enough way to explain it: I want it so there's 10 bots in the server (if there are no human players) so it will be 10/12 leaving 2 slots open, and once a human connects, a bot is removed. Thanks!

NEW SERVER: 216.6.229.105:27015
FREE ADMIN - Need help setting up and managing, PM me for details!

Re: podbot.cfg CVARs for Human vs Bot server?
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: podbot.cfg CVARs for Human vs Bot server? - 03-03-2008

pb_maxbots setting doesn't guarante yet You will have the 10 bots on the server. It's a limit only for how many bots + humans You may have on the server and it's also a limit for the functions pb add / pb fillserver.
So You need to use such settings:
pb_minbots 0
pb_maxbots 10
pb fillserver 100
to fill the server by 10 bots if no body is there. If there are already 2 humans, the fillserver will add only 8 bots, because 2 + 8 is 10 (pb_maxbots). More info and examples read in docs.