.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Bug Reports
Bug Reports Post any bug you experience with the latest release of this bot here

Running mEAn, AmXX, StatsMe and Podbot - First bot still gets kicked.
Old
  (#1)
woot woot

Default Running mEAn, AmXX, StatsMe and Podbot - First bot still gets kicked. - 08-01-2006

Well, I have mEAn, AmXX, and StatsMe running great. Even with all of these disabled, the first bot I add is always kicked. Kinda gets annoying. :S Any reason why this is so?

I've tested with podbot and metamod alone. Tested with AmxX and Podbot. Tested with mEAn and podbot, and tested all together; first bot still gets kicked.

Am running Windows DS with CS 1.6 Steam.

Also, would turning off "shootthroughwalls" prevent the bots from following bots or humans through a wall coz they wall hack. -.- And, if the map has many levels and the bot happens to be on the highest, he follows the bots/humans through the walls and know where exactly they are. I just hope turning that off is more realistic. Thanks.

Re: Running mEAn, AmXX, StatsMe and Podbot - First bot still gets kicked.
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Running mEAn, AmXX, StatsMe and Podbot - First bot still gets kicked. - 08-01-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot woot
Even with all of these disabled, the first bot I add is always kicked. Kinda gets annoying. Any reason why this is so?
Yeah - we know this (me and splorygon). I'll try to look into code if it's possible for me to easy fix it. I know where the problem is, but is hard to explain. Let me see then what can I do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot woot
Also, would turning off "shootthroughwalls" prevent the bots from following bots or humans through a wall coz they wall hack. -.- And, if the map has many levels and the bot happens to be on the highest, he follows the bots/humans through the walls and know where exactly they are. I just hope turning that off is more realistic. Thanks.
Yeah - it's known "cheat" of podbot, but it's because they can't see the same way humans can see - they just "hear" more sensitive than humans.

Old
  (#3)
woot woot

Default Re: Running mEAn, AmXX, StatsMe and Podbot - First bot still gets kicked. - 08-01-2006

Okies, thanks for the quick reply. I'll turn it off and see how they fare.

Old
  (#4)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Switching off that variable changes only this - they will not shoot at You throw walls, but they stilkl will know where exactly You are. At lower bots skill they "think" you are in some area behind the wall - according to the parameters in botskill.cfg file.

Old
  (#5)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Quote:
would turning off "shootthroughwalls" prevent the bots from following bots or humans through a wall coz they wall hack.
If running mEAn, then the bots will still shoot through the walls even if you disable it on podbot. To solve this, you have to disable it in mEAn as well. I never got around to making the wall shooting more realistic, so they are very accurate even when they cannot see you.

m_botsshootthroughwalls < on|off >

Maker of the (mEAn) Bot.Admin Manager

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

Old
  (#6)
woot woot

Default Re: Running mEAn, AmXX, StatsMe and Podbot - First bot still gets kicked. - 09-01-2006

With Podbot alone I could go on a kill streak for the longest with bots at 100 skills. But, with mEAn o.o I went down to less than 50. XD Great job I must say botmeister.

Ya, it's more realistic now with it off I think. They look around more from side to side and when they hear something they're somewhat suprised to hear it which is really good!