.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Half-Life 2, Source and Source Games
Half-Life 2, Source and Source Games Discuss about Valve's new FPS game and its mods here Half-Life 2

Re: HL2 post game analysis [spoilers]
Old
  (#21)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Default Re: HL2 post game analysis [spoilers] - 06-01-2005

What the hell kind of ending was that? I mean we don't even know if Gordon at least got to sleep with Alyx once or nothing

No, it wasn't that bad, but i sure would like to know more at the end, hell i guess HL was like that anyway so oh well, i can see a HL3 coming out though, hopefully before 2055.

I think the gameplay was way better than Doom 3 as far as the overall gameplay feeling. Doom 3 has got HL2 licked as far as plot goes though, but not Half-Life as a whole (if that makes any sense).

Was a rather short game, maybe i'm just getting better at video games, but didn't HL2 seem to go by rather quickly? I mean it took me over a month to beat HL, and even Doom 3 was longer than HL2.

Overall though it was a great game, a bit short but that's okay. I still hate that Steam crap though, i hope they go a little bit softer on that activation stuff in the future. Not so much for multiplayer, but it shouldn't be required to activate your game if your playing Single Player only.

Hope we see some expansion packs soon, like a HL2: Opposing Force would be neat. Or a continuation of the storyline where the ending left off. All i really hope is we don't have to wait like 6 years for a sequal.

Last edited by Denny; 06-01-2005 at 06:13..

Old
  (#22)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Err.. HL3 is already in the makings I believe...

Sure, Doom3 has actual storyline (for a change), but HL2 storyline's pretty good too... but you need to like, know it before any of it actually makes sense. Like, those newsclippings of 'the 7th war' and how 'earth surrenders' diddn't really make sense. But yeah, read that link I pasted on the 1st page of this thread, and it'll make a lot of sense.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#23)
sfx1999

In Doom 3, you actually know what happened. Not so in Half-life.

The only thing I wasn't sure about was Dr. Betruger. Was he the devil? Also, did the marine go crazy at the end?

sfx1999.postcount++

Old
  (#24)
HangFire
Best served chilled

I don't think Betruger was the devil, he just made a deal with him and failed. I don't know if Doomguy went crazy, but he'll be back in the expansion anyway.

And I definently agree with Denny, Doom3's plot was better than HL2's. Namely, HL2 didn't have any plot development. Aside from how you learn about the "benefactors" existance and the fact that Breen is working for them, you don't learn anything that you can't learn from reading a preview of the game.

Doom3 even beats HL2 for the end-boss. Doom3's Cyberdemon was a dissapointment, too easy to beat and you can only hurt it with that cube thingy, but HL2's "boss" was just plain awful. I was hoping for some epic battle with some sort of mutant Strider or something cool, but no, I have to shoot a few balls at a teleporter.

Old
  (#25)
Denny
FritzRTCW Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangFire
Doom3 even beats HL2 for the end-boss. Doom3's Cyberdemon was a dissapointment, too easy to beat and you can only hurt it with that cube thingy, but HL2's "boss" was just plain awful. I was hoping for some epic battle with some sort of mutant Strider or something cool, but no, I have to shoot a few balls at a teleporter.
Exactly, i mean we couldn't even take him on with regular weapons, at least it would been more of a challenge, especially with those imps and stuff getting in your way. The Cyberdemon was an alright boss, but the way you go about beating him was all wrong. The Spider Mastermind or something woulda been more "Doom Like" or remember that skull thing at the end of Doom 2? Good lord was that tough to beat, i had to cheat eventually just to finish that level.

For HL2, that's what i was expecting too, actually i was expecting to go back into Xen and have an epic battle there, like you got sucked into the teleport or something. Those gunships were a little annoying, but pretty easy to beat, i mean 2 energy balls and they were finished. Remember Nihlanth(Sp?) in the first half-life? man that guy was tough, first you had to shoot his head open, then toss explosives in there, was quite tricky.

Old
  (#26)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

I'm not yet there, I've just started playing HL2 yesterday... but for what I witnessed, the Combine AI is like, uh, impressive!

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#27)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

i played HL2 on hard right from the start, and its difficult! The AI is way better then set on normal or easy..

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#28)
Lethal

I completed Hl2 easily on Hard mode, shame I think. Maybe I play too many games instead of concentrating on my uni course... lol
Haven't finished Doom 3 tho cos of stupid hardware not good enough to run it well enough to get a decent playable fps. Not to mention I am using nv graphics card. But must admit the A.I in doom3 don't have to be sophisticated since they only have to shoot down a corridor, while with Half Life 2 the area is larger. No one else have any dumb A I moments? eg shoot one cp and the other didn't react?

Old
  (#29)
sfx1999

Denny, do you mean the Icon of Sin?

I think it was funny that you got to kill John Romero. In fact, I hear if you play the challenge at the level backwards, it says something about it being him.

sfx1999.postcount++

Old
  (#30)
HangFire
Best served chilled

"To win the game you must kill me, John Romero."

ID really should get that guy and the old team back together.