.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Waypointing > POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format
POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format Waypoints for POD-Bot mm

[WIP] 52h Pony Farm Waypoint Pack
Old
  (#1)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default [WIP] 52h Pony Farm Waypoint Pack - 24-05-2005

Hello everybody!

I decided it might be a good move to inform you about my current project: Inspired by a request for de_52greenland, the map that won clan00's second 52h fast mapping contest, I decided to make waypoints for the map pack that contains the ten best maps from this contest plus three bonus maps that weren't taken into the contest because their creators were too closely linked to clan00. So all in all, there are 13 maps.

I will be glad to include the first waypoint set by my friend and "clan" mate >BKA< Uliman. He waypointed de_52grain, and he did a pretty good job at it. And if I say that, it's supposed to mean something, eh!

The other maps will be waypointed by my bad own self most likely. The current status is as follows:

5 maps done, 8 to go.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Re: [WIP] 52h Pony Farm Waypoint Pack
Old
  (#2)
LaBello

Default Re: [WIP] 52h Pony Farm Waypoint Pack - 26-05-2005

surprisingly enough, i think this is a really good idea.

Old
  (#3)
SoUlFaThEr

Default Re: [WIP] 52h Pony Farm Waypoint Pack - 30-05-2005

do you think you could also add my map to that list? i lost like a bigdog....but my map is really very nice....

cs_52fieldday

thanks

Old
  (#4)
CoCoNUT

The contest was a big disappointment for me (compared to the first 52h-contest). The people in the jury call themselves "mapping-experts" but to me the top10-list was really a mystery -many bad maps in this top10-list- many good maps not in the top10.

For maps, nav-files, waypoints and more visit: http://coconut.de.tc

Old
  (#5)
>BKA< T Wrecks

I agree with you 100%, CoCoNUT. I remember when the contest started I posted a list of my favourite maps here - this list didn't have much in common with the Top 10 that's been released.

Btw, the installer was a shame, too. I wanted to install into a dummy directory to get that mappack into my archive - it wouldn't work. It copied all files, took some time to reach the 100% mark on the progress bar, reported a successful installation, and when I opened the folder I installed it into, I found it was empty. >
The installation only worked when I really used the steam directory. However, since Steam takes too long to load and requires an Internet connection (which is not needed for waypointing), I had to sort out the files manually and copy them into the corresponding subfolders of my steamless CS installation, which runs a lot faster and is better for waypointing. Sheesh... as if I cared for a stupid splash screen. Gimme a RAR or a ZIP, for crying out loud, no stupid installers. >

@ SF: I have already waypointed your map anyway, so why not include it in the pack? No problem at all.

Old
  (#6)
SoUlFaThEr

Default Re: [WIP] 52h Pony Farm Waypoint Pack - 12-06-2005

yeah i was quite upset with that turn out.......i seriously do not see why my map didnt make that top10.....

what upset me the most was that many of those maps did not really resemble pony farms, as mine did.....and seemed to have been previously developed for some other concept.....but we retextured for this contest.

anyway....thanks TWrecks

Old
  (#7)
LaBello

Default Re: [WIP] 52h Pony Farm Waypoint Pack - 14-07-2005

oi!

how´s everybody doing?
hey wrecks, how´s the pony waypoint business going? i dont mean to rush you or anything, no no no, look upon this more as an indication that there is at least one guy who is still interested, if they ever were to reach a downloadable form
but no rush, keep in mind.

Old
  (#8)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Default Re: [WIP] 52h Pony Farm Waypoint Pack - 16-07-2005

Hi LaBello! Thanks for your interest, but I fear I have bad news for you. I did proceed some more with the waypoints, but I also had other stuff to do. And tomorrow morning, I'm gonna leave home to move into another city, some 400 kilometres away, where I have found a pretty good internship that might very well be the key to a good job for me. I will work for one of Germany's leading research institutes, the Fraunhofer Gesellschaft - yes, that's the MP3 guys.

For the first weeks, I don't know if I will have any computer access there, so whatever I'm working on will be delayed. I have 10 days to find an apartment, so this task will obviously have priority. Besides, the first weeks I may have to catch up on a lot of stuff and read into difficult topics, so I will probably not have any time to waypoint or even pop into the BU forums at first.

Old
  (#9)
LaBello

Default Re: [WIP] 52h Pony Farm Waypoint Pack - 17-07-2005

well mr wrecks, good luck to you! lucky for all of us, waypointing is not the most important thing in the world you take your time and either the pack will be finished, or it will not.

Old
  (#10)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Default Re: [WIP] 52h Pony Farm Waypoint Pack - 22-07-2005

Ok, some good news. I've found a place to live, and fortunately, this place comes equipped with a nice little DSL router. So I guess I will be able to do some waypointing in the bot-too-far future.