.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Developer's Farm > Obsession Software Ltd.
Obsession Software Ltd. This forum is devoted to the building of a real, tactical first-person shooter - insane people only!

Re: Time to make some decisions?
Old
  (#71)
FrostyCoolSlug

Default Re: Time to make some decisions? - 16-07-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by botmeister
I like this idea too. The game Mechwarrior had this type of system, and there was lots of interesting strategy in selecting the right set of weapon systems and ammo amounts to carry. The more weapons and ammo, the more slowly you moved (you'd also overheat faster), but you had more firepower. What kinds of weapon/ammor/armor (etc) combinations you selected determined how you played the round.

If we stick with a fast and fun game (which I think we all agree we should do), too much tinkering will slow down the game, so I'd say players should be able to save their favorite config's and be able select and recall a specific configuration to arm up very quicky.

I remember seeing a thread asking if bots are still needed because fast internet connections make on line play more common. If there's enough strategy in the game then playing with bots should increase. For example, off line players could spent lots of time tinkering with various weapon config's and using bots to test and train to perfection before going on line.
Naturally, Firearms had an option to do this, it was slightly more complex though, you had to go rummaging through your Half-Life directory, and edit some files..

Although i belive being forced to do this 'in game' can take a lot of time, maybe an external program to do this would be useful, and in game, a way to 'temporarily' store weapons buying, with an option somewhere to perminantly save it. This way, they dont have to waste time organising weapons when they could be killing shit

Also, yes. There should be bots. This is bots united ffs Its nice if new players to a game get some experiance in single player before they venture into the multiplayer world.. (Maybe do something like that awful game Americas army, you have to go through 'boot camp training' before you can play as certain classes online.. This gives users the oppertunity to get to know the game before they get their asses whipped by novice players.

=====
Craig "FrostyCoolSlug" McLure
Network Administrator of the ChatSpike IRC Network

Last edited by FrostyCoolSlug; 16-07-2004 at 06:53..

Old
  (#72)
SoUlFaThEr

AA is not awful.....although im no friggin patriot i was actually positively shocked by this game developed by soldiers who should be shooting. its very exact

Old
  (#73)
FrostyCoolSlug

i game concept isnt too bad, BUT, i couldnt get the damn thing to run faster than 4FPS, even though UT2k4 with full graphics at the highest possible res runs at 82 :/

i hate unplayable games :/

=====
Craig "FrostyCoolSlug" McLure
Network Administrator of the ChatSpike IRC Network