.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

Need help adding bots
Old
  (#1)
mattisbogus

Default Need help adding bots - 23-06-2009

Okay so I am running a Human vs bot server. What I am wanting to do, is add 2 bots per. person, and have at least 3 bots on the server constantly, so this is how I have my podbot.cfg setup.

pb_minbots 3
pb_maxbots 20
pb_bot_quota_match 2

pb add 75 < --- 20 times that

So what I want to happen, is if there are 10 humans I want a max of 20 bots. If there was 8 people I want 16 bots etc.

My problem is that when there starts to be over 7 humans, the bots will join, but they will spectate...

I think the solution would be to add pb_maxbots 30, and add pb add 75 30 times right? The problem with that, is every time I start the server or go to a new map 30 bots must be added to the server. No problem with that, but since I have pb_minbots 3, 27 bots get kicked all at the sametime, causing the server to crash because of an overflow error.

Is there anyway else I can get this to work, I just can't get my head around this, please anyone?

Re: Need help adding bots
Old
  (#2)
mattisbogus

Default Re: Need help adding bots - 24-06-2009

Sorry for double posting, but I believe I may have found a solution, but still need some help.

I was using V 3.0 metamod Build 20a of PodBot which as far as I know is the latest version. Well as a last resort, I rolled back to V 3.0 metamod Build 18c and I was able to add 30 bots, and then kick 27 of them at the same time without any crash of the server...

It's very weird, but it works, but that sucks because I don't want to be using an out-of-date ver. of PodBot, so if anyone can still help me, please post.

Old
  (#3)
mattisbogus

Default Re: Need help adding bots - 24-06-2009

This sucks I can't edit... but I have finally found the problem... it's not with the version of Podbot, it has to do with what skin I choose for the bots to use... it's very weird, but if I choose another skin besides pb skin 1, the server will crash every time.

I have done many test runs to make sure that it wasn't something else, and every time I switch it back to pb skin 1, it never crashes.

The error I would receive if I chose another skins was: sz_getspace overflow without fsb_allowoverflow set on server reliable datagram

and the only thing I could find, was post's of people posting this error, and the responses they would get is random people flooding the server trying to crash it. Well adding 30 bots, and kicking 27 of them because of pbmin 3, I guess that would be considered flooding the server, but it was the only way I could accomplish what I was trying to accomplish. For some odd reason though, it will not crash with pb skin 1.

P.S. sorry for triple posting.

Old
  (#4)
susan123

Default Re: Need help adding bots - 27-04-2010

hi guys,..
i am new in this forum,..
i found that it is very helpful for me because it contains very informative posts and sharings,..thanks

Old
  (#5)
Minh-Lo-Hwang

Default Re: Need help adding bots - 28-04-2010

Hello Susan!

Welcome to the Forums