Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > YaPB
YaPB Yet another POD-Bot flavor by Whistler and Jeefo Counter-Strike

Re: Latest YaPB Beta
Old
  (#101)
jeefo
путинхуйлоебаное

Default Re: Latest YaPB Beta - 22-06-2009

ISP have some troubles, optic cable Gatchina - Saint-Petersburg got broken for some reason, site is running on reserve channel Probably slow but it should work now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler
try changing some of the compile parameters, e.g, turn off the optimization (-O0), turn on the debug info (-g), do NOT omit the frame pointer (NO -fomit-frame-pointer), etc.
you may want to do this for both the bot plugin and the Metamod itself.
Already, for both dlls, isn't helped really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient
Anyway, Jeefo, are you going to continue YaPB? If so I'll be your beta tester.
Yes, i'm currrently do some minor tweaks, but have interest in it again

Old
  (#102)
Fixer

Default Re: Latest YaPB Beta - 05-08-2009

Thank you so much for coming back!

Can u post changelog?

Old
  (#103)
mattisbogus

Default Re: Latest YaPB Beta - 17-08-2009

I would really like to use this bot, but I have only one problem.

Does this bot have the feature for bot_quota? Not for making the bots leave, but to add x amount of bots per human user?

For instance podbot's bot quota if it is set to 2, it will add 2 bots per person.

Is this possible with YaPB?

My server is different, I don't want bots to leave if a person joins, I want x amount of bots to be added.

Latest YaPB Beta Source Code
Old
  (#104)
Serious Sam

Idea Latest YaPB Beta Source Code - 05-09-2009

Hello everyone,
This is a very nice bot, but in some aspects like bot behavior for example I prefer the old yapb 1.0.0.0 which I run now for over 2 years. So, I want to request, if possible, someone to make a crossed version, or if no one wants, I want to request the latest source code (for 2.55b) so that I can give it a try.

From the new bots I like the way waypoints look like, I like the voice comunication, and I like the way bots handle sniper rifles, but I dont like this botaim thing and hardcore and the fact that they always know where I am, and I dont like that on cs maps 90% of the terrorist camp where the hostages are, and I dont like that for the most part bots walk slow. I also dont like this economy stuff and the fact that bots dont buy p228s and deagles in the first round like the old ones. There are a lot of other small things that I dont like in the new bots. Also I would like the quota and autovacate to start working the way they should, because on all versions of yapb that I have tried, quota 8 and autovacate 1 adds 8 bots in the game, even if there is already someone in the game, and when new people enter no bots get kicked. A new option I want is map specific weapon prefs, so that I can make them prefer shotguns and submachine guns in short range maps like backalley, prefer assault rifles in all around maps like dust2 and sniper rifles in maps like aztec.

So, is someone going to try to make this, or at least post the latest source so that I try, but in that case I dont promise that I'll succeed

Old
  (#105)
jeefo
путинхуйлоебаное

Default Re: Latest YaPB Beta - 05-09-2009

well, i can do some stuff, but i'm currently busy with rewriting some parts of bot from the ground.

here the 2.55 'Stable" src.
http://rapidshare.com/files/27609334...3_255.zip.html

Old
  (#106)
Serious Sam

Default Re: Latest YaPB Beta - 05-09-2009

Thanks very much! I hope I'll be able to combine the code from the old yapb and this one witout much complications. I tried today the new podbot mm 3b20, and saw some real nice stuff there, I didnt know that normal podbot also has personality, but the last normal podbot I've tried was 2.5. I'll try using 3b20's source as base, remove some code that I dont like and put stuff from yapb 1 and yapb 2.55 and try to implement a few fresh ideas. I hope it is going to work. Thanks again

EDIT: Looks like it wont be as easy as I thought, the podbot mm's source had no hlsdk and metamod files and no project file, only cpp and h files for the bot itself, I made a new project and inserted them in it, made a few minor adjustments, coppied the hlsdk and metamod folders from the yapb 2.0.0.864 source and coppied and adjusted the build settings, when I tried to build the dll I got 99 errors Until I find a way to build podbot mm's code into a working dll I cant start playing with the code
From all the sources that I have - yapb 1.0.0.0, yapb 2.0.0.864, yapb 2.52, yapb 2.55, podbot mm 3b20a, I only managed to build yapb 1.0.0.0 and yapb 2.0.0.864, all other give a lot ot errors, guess I'll have to use the yapb 2 code for base then, but I'll have to replace a lot more code

Last edited by Serious Sam; 06-09-2009 at 03:00..

Old
  (#107)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Latest YaPB Beta - 08-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Sam View Post
I'll try using 3b20's source as base, remove some code that I dont like and put stuff from yapb 1 and yapb 2.55 and try to implement a few fresh ideas.
What is the code in podbot mm You don't like?

About compiling podbot mm - have You read this:
http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=4822

Sorry for supporting "my" bot not in "my" forum.

Old
  (#108)
Serious Sam

Default Re: Latest YaPB Beta - 11-09-2009

10x for the link, I'll try this when I find some spare time. BTW about your question, I dont like the behavior of both podbot mm and yapb 2, they are kind of slow and sneaky, not really my type, I prefer a bot that moves around a lot, like yapb 1. There is also something about the aiming of these bots that has a "bot" feeling to it, (I've tried all 4 aim modes) while the aiming in yapb 1 is very similar to the way I aim. There is also a lot of functions and cvars that I dont really need for my server.
Sorry for going a bit of offtopic.

Edit: Ok, maybe there is not so much to change to podbot mm, when I wrote this I had only tested it on cs_mansion, now after playing a few more maps i actually find it ok, but most of the points I made up in this post apply to yapb 2. BTW, sorry for offtopic again, I promise its last time, but is it possible not to use these mingw and msys and so on, but simply make a project in my visual studio 2008 pro, insert the source, the headers and the sdk, make a few settings and build the dll?

Last edited by Serious Sam; 11-09-2009 at 19:45..

Old
  (#109)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Latest YaPB Beta - 11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Sam View Post
BTW, sorry for offtopic again, I promise its last time, but is it possible not to use these mingw and msys and so on, but simply make a project in my visual studio 2008 pro, insert the source, the headers and the sdk, make a few settings and build the dll?
I don't have Visual Studio 2008. I have only Visual Express 2005, but I use the full HL SDK for compilation (like it's shown in that topic for compiling), so that's why I'm not inserting all that crap into the project.

Old
  (#110)
JayDee

Default Re: Latest YaPB Beta - 26-09-2011

Isn't yapb beta 2.55 working with cs 1.5?!?
I tried them with 1.6 and they worked fine, but when i use 1.5 they stay in spec and the game crashes when i push"=" for menu...
I like 1.5 a lot better so it would be great if they would work...
Anybody here with experience using yapb in cs 1.5?