.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

BOT Movement
Old
  (#1)
BoringMan

Default BOT Movement - 16-08-2007

I notice that 90% of the time all they do is stand still or jump and stand still.....is there any way to change their behavior so that they move left/right during a fight? Once in a while they will and it's a nice change of pace for realistic practice but the greater majority of time they just jump or stand still.
If this is a dll deal then I guess I'm SOL.

Bots are dynamite the rare times they move but they're awfully easy when they don't move and/or just jump.

Re: BOT Movement
Old
  (#2)
Maleficus

Default Re: BOT Movement - 16-08-2007

Raise their AI skill level. On low skill, they stand still when attacked.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#3)
BoringMan

Default Re: BOT Movement - 17-08-2007

They're all on 3 Does 3 make them jump a lot...maybe 2 is more of a left/right kinda strafe deal perhaps? I've tried adding different bots of all sorts of settings and they just seem to want to jump when they're not standing still. Though, I noticed at certain points of certain maps they'll move. Like, in et_headshot behind this one set of boxes they actually strafe but anywhere else on the map they stand still or jump. Same w/ goldrush near tank (before it's repaired) they fly left or right while shooting but once I repair the tank they go back to just jumping. I don't know much about the mod...maybe it's a map behavior thing as well? I dunno...

It's great to get a reply from the man, the myth...the legend... so I'll ask one more thing if you're still here (things I dont see anywhere else) The spec view...anyway to get rid of that 3rd person view deal?
My team likes to work on a 1st run strat/tactic against the bots and that view thing is just really weird.

Old
  (#4)
Nova2001

Default Re: BOT Movement - 29-08-2007

This isn't a problem I've experienced. As I understand it, et_headshot was never finished, except insofar as to provide a template for new waypointers. That makes it a bad one to judge bot behavior by.

Goldrush should work fine.

Fritz is a complicated piece of software, and sometimes wires get crossed. I once had two maps that the bots were terrible at, much worse than other people experienced while playing the same maps with the same bots. I uninstalled everything, reinstalled everything, and the bots played much better.

I'd advise a fresh install. The bots should work fine on Goldrush, and 90% error is wildly unreasonable. The bots should be quite good at strafing, in all.

And turn up their skill, of course.