meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Ideas
Ideas One idea per thread please! :)

minor things..so minor why consider them =P
Old
  (#1)
s0a

Default minor things..so minor why consider them =P - 29-03-2006

ok here is an idea! a few things (simple) that perhaps will keep ppl from posting all over!

1.) better installation guides, some of the guides I have witnessed (here, and elsewhere) where BAD! I mean so bad it gave me cancer :L...things didnt click until KWo helped..

2.) Is there a way that we could include backwards compatability with the older versions of metamod and amx modx, from this point forward!?

3.) I see people trying out bots based upon difficulty, I read that bots also perform better on higher end PC's and is there a way that someone can release like developer notes..of the minium standards for the bots? I mean it SHOULD be common sense that you cant run the bots on a machine that have an AMD K6-2 processor..and 56MB of RAM..

4.) AI, (artifical intelligence) as soon as I learn the basics of the AI, that RACC uses, and that was posted I am going to try to encorporate that into the code, if it isnt already done! (oooooo, SCARY!) this means I am going to have to learn C++..

that is all thanks

Re: minor things..so minor why consider them =P
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: minor things..so minor why consider them =P - 29-03-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0a
ok here is an idea! a few things (simple) that perhaps will keep ppl from posting all over!

1.) better installation guides, some of the guides I have witnessed (here, and elsewhere) where BAD!
I was trying to write in stickies everything the people need, but they don't like to read at all - that's the main problem. If the people follow topics I recommend them, they don't have problem to get podbot mm working - a lot of my post was - follow this or taht topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0a
I mean so bad it gave me cancer :L...things didnt click until KWo helped..
Thanks. That's it's for I'm here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0a
2.) Is there a way that we could include backwards compatability with the older versions of metamod and amx modx, from this point forward!?
Ask metamod and AMX X developers (currently one of mm developers and main AMX X developer is the same - Bailopan).

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0a
3.) I see people trying out bots based upon difficulty, I read that bots also perform better on higher end PC's and is there a way that someone can release like developer notes..of the minium standards for the bots? I mean it SHOULD be common sense that you cant run the bots on a machine that have an AMD K6-2 processor..and 56MB of RAM..
As I said - I have AMD Athlon XP2400+ and I don't have any slower machine, so I can't say - on P3 800MHz You can run 10 bots and on P4 3HGz You can play with 31 bots (the 32 player is You). I can't chjeck it. Just users them-selves need to test it and tell me what is their configuration and how smoothly bots are working on their servers. Another thing is this. Disable all mm plugins You have (AMX X, Statsme HLGUARD etc) and check if You can play without lags without 24 bots. Then try the same with these mods and You will see - some of these mods lags if more players (or bots) are on the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0a
4.) AI, (artifical intelligence) as soon as I learn the basics of the AI, that RACC uses, and that was posted I am going to try to encorporate that into the code, if it isnt already done! (oooooo, SCARY!) this means I am going to have to learn C++..
OK - but after we (me and splorygon) will abdicate...