.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Re: Some things ive noticed
Old
  (#21)
Danke

Default Re: Some things ive noticed - 21-04-2006

Maybe it could be a setting you can manually switch on and off.

I've noticed that the bots get stuck on radar in the allies first spawn on the second story in the room when they try to escape out of the windows, sometimes they get stuck their... I usually help them out, try not to kill them.

Old
  (#22)
Maleficus

I'll see about re-adding it. The code for it is actually already in there, I just don't have it enabled.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#23)
Danke

Another thing is the heal and ammo racks, possibly make the bots know where they are and how to get ammo and health from there

Old
  (#24)
Maleficus

Yes, its on my TODO list.

Dum Spiro Spero

Old
  (#25)
Superkala

Default Re: Some things ive noticed - 22-04-2006

Well i played a bit through on oasis;

I find a hard strategy\medium aim gives the fairest fight to me, so i went with that. For sure, the AI is great. It zips around somewhat realisticly, even ambushed me a few times around a corner, and smacked down health and actually healed me. People online could learn from this AI! Actually using your medic packs! The idea!

However, and theres always a however, the AI needs to be much more agressive and less 'clumpy'. For example, after taking the Old City practicly the whole team sat around jimping out in the open-and axis is nowhere to be seen. This is because the AI groups together instead of going solo, which is great, but really takes the pressure off the defenders IMO. I bet the whole axis team was waiting on THERE side of the wall, too. And not a single engie around to place the TNT.

High places...they need to go up on ledges alot more there, its normally a constant firefight on servers back and fourth while the wall is being dynamited. Again in old city, the axis prefer using that side door to going up on the ledge and firing down.

They sit in the same spot everytime. Far to campy, anyway.

Defenders too passive. As axis they just defended the old city area without heading out towards the allied spawn, and taking control that second story route. Speaking of that, the AI generalyl stick to only one route, and didnt go through the second story much at all.

Also, medics are not focused enough. If i get killed, they just go off and keep shooting even though there is a TON of guys on our side holding em back, and no reason not to heal me. Medics reviving should be TOP priority second only to healing yourself. Then shoot the enemy.

Finally, one of our own guys called arty on out spawn point, SKing dozens of us. Innocent mistake? Or should i ban that bot?

Again, great AI but could be even better.

Old
  (#26)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

I think people are forgetting that this is a first release?

Old
  (#27)
Danke

I made this topic so I could put out my point of view on what I thought could be improved, and sure, maybe other peoples point of view aswell.

I hope this isn't putting you guys down, you all have done a great job on the first release of fritzbots. I just don't want to regret not posting this lol, when you guys release the second fritzbots for et and I say, damn thats not in it, I really wanted that to be in it, and its not because I was too stupid not to put in a suggestion.

You guys might already have known about the stuff I have said, but I just wanted to make sure.

Old
  (#28)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Feedback is definately appreciated and certainly expected. This thread seemed to be taking a certain direction and I thought it might be a good idea to re-emphasize that this is the first release.

Tank support and bug fixes are top priorities at the moment, but everything that has been listed here is definately being considered (hitsounds and etpro map script support should definately make it for the next release); so keep the suggestions coming.

Old
  (#29)
Valiant

I'd also like to point out that since the strategy of the bots on any given map is more or less entirely a function of the waypoint blended with their personal preferences for mode of operation (camp, patrol, etc.) it probably wouldn't be good to make their setup 100% airtight.

Personally I think that if there becomes an emphasis on ramping up their difficulty and playstyle to be more brutal - then there definitely needs to be additional levels of difficulty inserted to make a more gradual curve. Not everyone is an undefeatable pro or has the time to practice daily afterall.

The way is made clear when viewed from above.

Old
  (#30)
CrapShoot
A Monkey

Balance will remain one of the priorities while waypointing. For Oasis, I do plan on adding alot of the things mentioned in this and other threads, but balance will be a determining factor.