.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > YappA > Half-Life 2, Source and Source Games
Half-Life 2, Source and Source Games Discuss about Valve's new FPS game and its mods here Half-Life 2

cs_compound
Old
  (#1)
@$3.1415rin
Council Member, Author of JoeBOT

Default cs_compound - 03-03-2005

for all of you who havnt played it yet and didnt knew it's become a std map (like me this morning) , go and join the servers where it's running

it's great

Re: cs_compound
Old
  (#2)
stefanhendriks
RealBot Author

Default Re: cs_compound - 04-03-2005

man, perhaps its because i got killed a lot on thast map the first time. But i think it sux! :S

i began as terror, and i had no clue where the hostages even where. Or... what/where i could expect enemies. Normally i expect some clear objective and map layout, but this one was totally different

ok, i'll quit my rant. I probably just suck at CS

Author of RealBot, "Arrakis" and "Dune 2 - The Maker" | co-Founder of Bots-United | Fundynamic | Blog | E-Mail me

Old
  (#3)
HangFire
Best served chilled

I liked it. The bots were for some reason easier on the map, probably just the layout favors humans.

Old
  (#4)
Brainz

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanhendriks
man, perhaps its because i got killed a lot on thast map the first time. But i think it sux! :S

i began as terror, and i had no clue where the hostages even where. Or... what/where i could expect enemies. Normally i expect some clear objective and map layout, but this one was totally different

ok, i'll quit my rant. I probably just suck at CS
You have to hang back for a couple of rounds... act as a "Tail-end charlie", to coin a military phrase. I thought that was normal for everybody who's just jumped into an unfamiliar map 9_9

Find someone who seems to know the map, and follow them. Choose a next person next round. Try it again like that. It also encourages teamwork and communication - and that can't be bad, can it?

Last edited by Brainz; 04-03-2005 at 17:24..

Old
  (#5)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Now, this map's pretty cool, nice n' open areas, and it doesn't feel like any cs map I've played before, gj whoever created this map.

The main reason it favors humans is cssbot sucks with jumping navigation.. they just keep hitting the jump key n' slowly moving forward... it they would've made it an actual pathwaypoint jump style instead of an actual navmesh it probably would've worked better. This method worked pretty much flawlessly in PODbot, so I don't see why he'd try this weird method.. so if you want the bots to be more level efficient? you can always just delete the nav meshes to jump ontop of the vehicles.. but then they do lose that extra point of attack..

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#6)
Zacker
Project Leader, Lead Level Designer, Waypointer

Default Re: cs_compound - 05-03-2005

Cs_compund is really a joke. It seems so much like everybodys attempt at "my first HL2 map". The fps is horrible and so are the visuals.

Old
  (#7)
moboerotica

Default Re: cs_compound - 14-03-2005

Naahh Compound is nice is different from any other official
maps. CSS bot seem still bit lack on pressing buttonnss!!!
That's why we need more bot from our lovely bots-united
c'mon guys GG .

Old
  (#8)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

cs_compound, a joke???? you must be kidding Zacker. I finally tested it for the first time today, and this is certainly the most credible of the official CS maps I have seen so far. Even though I find it a bit too narrow for a CS map, and some points could be improved (such as the chimney to which I fail to see how it could be used by the industrials there, having no "entrance") but most of the details fit with the rest, are well proportionned, and all of them can be found at the place where one expects them to be, which is something I am yet to see in just about 98% of the custom maps. Only a few level designers are disciplined enough to constrain their creativity in favor of credibility. Take Carp's ts_normandin for example. Everything in this map sounds real, so much I actually wondered if it was not the copy of a real school when I saw the first screenshots. That is IMO how maps should be made.

All in all, I wouldn't call cs_compound a masterpiece but definitely a way of mapping I like!

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#9)
@$3.1415rin
Council Member, Author of JoeBOT

and why shouldnt they use all that stuff they also used in HL2, zacker ? well, they did all this themselves, why not use it for a CS map.

... I should play this map again, theoretical physics tests are over

Old
  (#10)
Zacker
Project Leader, Lead Level Designer, Waypointer

Default Re: cs_compound - 15-03-2005

Sorry, but I was actually not kidding. When I say it's a joke, I say it because that any decent mapper can make something better with just a week with Hammer 4.0. The FPS is also horribe in the map. They have done a much better job with some of the other maps.