.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Waypointing > POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format
POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format Waypoints for POD-Bot mm

Re: I need the pod 2.5 waypoint for de_karachi.
Old
  (#11)
Austin

Default Re: I need the pod 2.5 waypoint for de_karachi. - 10-03-2004

I finally had a chance to check out this map and your waypoints.

Awesome job on the waypoints man!

Old
  (#12)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: I need the pod 2.5 waypoint for de_karachi. - 11-03-2004

Gee, thank you :o
You know, two days ago I got a PM from someone who seemed to like them, too, and who suggested that I make all my WPs available online.
That's what I'm going to do - after a thorough testing procedure, because all my other WPs have been checked with the original PB 2.5 and POXBot, but not with the metamod-compatible PODBot by PMB. And if I release them, I want them all to be at least as good as those for de_karachi01. There are too many crappy or average waypoints around already...

Old
  (#13)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

if your waypoints work with POD-bot, they will work with the metamod POD-bot as well. I have made strictly no changes to Count Floyd's code, only fixed bugs.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#14)
CoCoNUT

...hmm, I "waypointed" cs_italy_cz (CS 1.5/Podbot 2.5) some time ago and I noticed that the Bots with CS1.6/Podbot 2.5-Metamod couldnīt crouch through the window at the hostages. They also seemed to have problems with stairs, I had to set the waypoints closer there and more "accurate". I donīt know why these things happened . Anyway, keep up the great work!

Old
  (#15)
Austin

Default Re: I need the pod 2.5 waypoint for de_karachi. - 12-03-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by >BKA< T Wrecks
Gee, thank you :o
You know, two days ago I got a PM from someone who seemed to like them, too, and who suggested that I make all my WPs available online.
Yes! Make then availible please.
How about assault_upc and de_museum to start with?

Old
  (#16)
>BKA< T Wrecks

@ Austin: You're lucky - I have a WP for de_museum. I'll check it today and post it in a new thread in this forum, maybe tonight. Concerning cs_assault_upc... *runs across the room to the game PC* ...nope, not yet. I'm gonna make those during the weekend, though. If you like assault modifications, did you check out cs_assault23 ? I like it a lot, because it uses high-quality textures, is well-designed and features good modifications such as a gallery that runs along the whole inner wall of the warehouse. Moreover, the bridge at the left side of the map (from the CT persepctive) can be reached from both sides, and the little side door on the right (again, CT perspective) still exists, as well as a possibility to enter the warehouse through another side door on the level of the gallery. Well, if you don't know the map, check it out - you might like it...

@ Pierre-Marie: Yes, of course. They _work_, but whenever there are tricky or difficult paths and connections (and there are MANY tricky or difficult connections when I make waypoints ), even minute changes in the bots' navigation may affect gameplay. I noticed that with a run-into switch in cs_attack: Depending on which PB version/modification I used, I had to place the switch WP deeper or less deep into the wall. The same thing happens when bots need to get around a curve or corner on a narrow ledge - in some cases it worked with PB 2.5, but with POXBot, bots would jump before reaching the corner. Then, with your Plugin, there were slight changes again. I believe you when you say that you made no changes to the code - yet I also believe my eyes, e.g. after 5 days of monitoring bots in de_karachi_01 and deleting connections that just wouldn't work - and then, after upgrading to a newer dll, readjusting passages that had worked fine before and reactivating others that now worked fine again.

@ All: If it's waypoints you want, waypoints you'll get - but I'm really glad I decided to check them first. There were many little bugs and inaccurate connections in cs_52sevilla and cs_52villabacho, and I bet there'll be some in the other maps, too. Please have some patience; this patience will be rewarded with real high-quality wapoints.

Old
  (#17)
CoCoNUT

maybe iīm completely wrong, but I remeber the 2.5-metamod-bots trying to reach an "important" waypoint ignoring that they had to jump over a few crates to reach it- old Podbot 2.5 worked fine here.

Old
  (#18)
Terran

Have you tried those waypoints from the link I posted here? de_museum and cs_assault_upc are available there. But I cannot say how good or bad they are as I havn't checked them yet.

Old
  (#19)
Austin

Default Re: I need the pod 2.5 waypoint for de_karachi. - 14-03-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by >BKA< T Wrecks
@
@ All: If it's waypoints you want, waypoints you'll get - but I'm really glad I decided to check them first. There were many little bugs and inaccurate connections in cs_52sevilla and cs_52villabacho, and I bet there'll be some in the other maps, too. Please have some patience; this patience will be rewarded with real high-quality wapoints.
You GOT to share these and you GOT to write up some of your tricks on how to do these. I can't believe how wel the WPs work in karachi01.

I need the same for a number of maps.
Do you have cs_penthouse?
How about de_oilrig?

Tell us. Tell us some of you secrets!
We need to get a serious waypointing forum going.
Super high Quality waypoints!

Send a list of the ones you have or email me.
Thanks!

Old
  (#20)
>BKA< T Wrecks

Default Re: I need the pod 2.5 waypoint for de_karachi. - 14-03-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin
I need the same for a number of maps.
Do you have cs_penthouse?
How about de_oilrig?
I think I know cs_penthouse2. But when I checked this map, I didn't know that there was a way to get hostages unstuck - 'cause one of the hossies there IS stuck, as far as I remember.

de_oilrig? No, but I`ll d/l it during the next week. This way I'll have a completely new map to work on when I'm sick of checking existing WP files.

Quote:
Tell us. Tell us some of you secrets!
We need to get a serious waypointing forum going.
Super high Quality waypoints!
*LOL* I fear there aren't so many "secrets". One is that I`m not too lazy to check out and waypoint each and every spot of the map that's accessible in any way. Another one is that I'm not too lazy to check my WPs prior to releasing them, either.
But there are some strategies I have copied and developed, and by now, I have sufficient experience to know when to apply which strategy. I have already thought of writing a tutorial, but in the past, I didn't see much demand. Right now, I'm too busy checking waypoints, but afterwards I'd be happy to share what I know. It'll take some time, though.

Quote:
Send a list of the ones you have or email me.
Thanks!
I just sent you a PM. A long enumeration of map names might not be the most interesting thing for the other forum visitors...