.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Forge of Digital Worlds > Waypointing > POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format
POD-Bot mm Waypoint Format Waypoints for POD-Bot mm

Re: How about a newPB 2.6mm Custom Pack?
Old
  (#21)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: How about a newPB 2.6mm Custom Pack? - 20-09-2004

Heyyo,

You can already get my as_highrise waypoints at my website: http://www.freewebs.com/mard_lltd/ take a look over the elevators... I'm also fine-tuning my de_aztec2 waypoints, just have a few jumps to fix. Lol, I noticed one, to the right of the CT spawnpoint, they'll leap out the open viewport, n' if they get in combat, won't follow their jumpwaypoint, n' hit the land n' die... so I'mma angle it better to prevent this.

Me? I love de_rotterdam, used to play it all the time with good ol' PODbot v2.5... ahh, those were the days, back when I had an old 3dfx vooodoo 4 pci, n' when I was still a n00b, n' bots had higher scores more than I did.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#22)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: How about a newPB 2.6mm Custom Pack? - 21-09-2004

Hmm... I had a look at the file and found two errors:
- The connection from 126 to 129 must be removed; bots tend to fall down there.
- The connection from 296 to 0 doesn't work; bots fall down. Try making them step onto the roof by going straight forward, over the opened "door" in the roof. The distance sideways is too big; they fall down before they reach the roof.

Concerning the elevator, I got it to work in 60-80% of all cases. However, there's something wrong with that lift. It kills bots! I saw many bots enter the lift, push the button, wait for the lift to arrive and get killed suddenly. I suppose the only way to be safe is to leave out the lift. There are enough ways to reach the rooftop anyway.

Oh, and you're not too familiar with that apmd feature yet, are you? Looks like you hardly used it so far... it took me some time to get accustomed to it, too.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#23)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

apmd? well, if I dunno wth apmd even means, that's a good sign I probably don't know how it works.

Yeah, that rooftop doesn't like my waypoints. I tired a couple ways for it, but it just never worked right... I'll try again I guess....

lol, I'm trying to learn how to waypoint all over (inna way) again cause this new waypoint system is a little different... so if there's any sweet features you think I should be using but I'm not? tell me, I want my waypoints to be as good as I can get them. I'll make those changes you said to my waypoints... hopefully that'll make em' work better.

I'm pretty much done de_aztec2, just 1 last jump I gotta fix, teh bots keap overleaping it.. I've gotta push it back a bit n' that'll do.

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#24)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

@MarD - apmd - it's AutoPathMaxDistance.

@T Wrecks - if there is something wrong if elevators - send Your pwf to sPlORyGon, but write it in "Bug Reports" forum and don't complain at some other forum
Yes - this lift code probably isn't yet perfect (I was trying it only on cs_siege), but because there are not so many maps with it, we skipped this problem for now.

Old
  (#25)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

@ KWo: The problem is not the waypoints - it's the lift itself! It kills bots just like that door in cs_arabstreets! There's nothing you can do about it - if a bot is inside the lift, there's a 75% chance it will die, period. Even if you spawned a bot directly into the lift, it would be likely to die as soon as someone pushes the button, no matter if there are waypoints or not or how those waypoints are laid out. It's a fault in the map. Thus, it's useless to "complain" on the bug report forum.

@ MarD: Yes, as KWo said. You will find it in the waypointing menu. It will define the distance where connections between nodes are created automatically in several steps from 100 distance units up to 250 (which was the default with PB 2.5). This feature is very useful when waypointing narrow areas: You can lower apmd settings to, let's say, 120 units and place waypoints rather closely together without having overlapping connections with waypoints that are far away.
It's also great for camp waypoints: With the old WP system, you had several looong connections leading to a camp WP, and if that camp WP was a crouched WP, bots would crouch-walk an insane distance to approach it. Besides, all those connections would clutter up the connection pattern in the room. Now, you can first waypoint the room, then lower apmd settings, then add a camp WP in a corner, and only a short connection to the nearest waypoint (if it's inside the distance covered by apmd) will be drawn.
Makes everything very neat and clean, a definite must-use! Play around with it; as soon as you get the hang of it, you'll love it! I generally use low apmd settings in narrow or tricky areas and long apmd settings in open spaces. That's partly because shorter connections allow for more precise bot movement, which is helpful in some spots.

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#26)
darkcsboy

Default Re: How about a newPB 2.6mm Custom Pack? - 22-09-2004

Hey BKA, I have registered and so now how do I get the new waypoint packs? I also am not sure of how to get Podbot2.6mm to work so can you help me? Thanks!

Old
  (#27)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

http://filebase.bots-united.com/

or, at the top of this page, on the right it says filebase. either of the 2 will bring you to where you can get the files.

Rock Hound. (<Link)

Old
  (#28)
darkcsboy

Yeah, but the problem is that the filebase isn't functioning correctly and I'm asking so he can send me the files.

Old
  (#29)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

well the Podbot downloads work.. at least the Release#2 and the latest dll should work..

Old
  (#30)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Heyyo,

Hmm, the custompack's down? letme check... he's right, I tried hitting the download button, and it leaped back to the bots-united filebase main page.... I tried all the other waypoint links for podbot v2.6mm, they're all down...

Rock Hound. (<Link)