.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > FritzBot
FritzBot A bot for Return To Castle Wolfenstein - by Maleficus Return to Castle Wolfenstein

Battery map
Old
  (#1)
enigma1

Default Battery map - 05-05-2008

I was doing some experiments with the battery map to utilize the MGs and make the map more balanced between the teams. Things like the allied bots running towards the back door and then returning to the beach or going from the west bunker through the beach to the back door looked a bit awkward.

So now I have a map where as I explained earlier does not have the dynamite/defuse issue with the gun controls and also all the mgs are built by both teams.

I was trying to see if I can have an allied cvops to sneak-in from the back-door when having a uniform without changing the node flags (axis team flag). I was successful to a certain extend. Basically I placed a camp action for the allies inside the bunker near the back door dedicated to cvpos only. The bot will go through when having a uniform. Then I placed an additional route right at the top of that action to force the bot to go via an alt roam back to the beach to execute the smoke canister action (action-13). So far so good. All worked or it seems to except the alt-roam. The alt-roam I placed it right at the west-bunker flag so there would be a chance the allies would capture the west bunker that way.

In order to maintain a valid path for the allied cvops (since the team flag node is in-between and no connection exists from the beach to the west bunker) I assigned the original camp action's closest node to be one further behind and that constitutes a valid path from the back-door. Then for the alt-roam I setup the closest node to be one in the beach therefore again it should be a connection present before the ramp is built or the back door is destroyed.

When I tested it using a single cvops to see what he will do, he will execute everything except the alt roam. I can see an error once the bot reaches the camp action. "Bots have no valid goals". I suspect it's the reason of the additional route not working thereafter. Does anyone know why that would be? Bots will try to reach the actions and bypassing nodes should not be a problem. There is a one way connection from the west bunker to the beach so the bot has a valid path no matter what and executes successfully action-13.

If you need to see it, let me know I will post the nav file.

Thanks
CK-Chaos

Re: Battery map
Old
  (#2)
TomTom
ET Waypointing team member

Default Re: Battery map - 06-05-2008

Note there is no way to classify an action as uniformed cvops only. So any action classed as a cvops only camp etc. that regular cvops then chose to navigate to, will zombie that bot where no valid path exists for that uniformless bot. Uniformed bots can not be used in enemy-only territory except to satchel neutral CPs (an ability they have automatically).

Please note smoke-can hints and alt-roams are not "valid goals". You need a roam, camp, satchel (satchel of a neutral CP in enemy possession is implied), or snipe. AFAIK mine hunts are also not a valid goal.

FYI: BTW bots do not go to where you put an alt-roam or a roam. They merely go to the roam's (alt-roam's) closenode. This means that the radius of a roam is of no consequence too. Therefore it is always best practice to put the roams very close to their closenode so as to avoid waypointer-confusion (a terrible malady).

Re: Battery map
Old
  (#3)
enigma1

Default Re: Battery map - 12-05-2008

Hi Tom, did not have the time to setup the map and upload it to see what I mean. You could place the action camp outside the door if you think it is the case. It is just harder to see the issue this way but it is still the same behavior. If the cvops engages in a fight he may end up inside the door. This is the first step to get into and I placed the action inside but with the closenode outside the door to replicate it fast.

Now one I thing I cannot remember 100% is if I tried to setup a different action as the target one (instead of the smoke canister). That is the only detail I cannot recall. If as you say the canister is not a valid action to set the alt roam could explain the error.

I will re-test when I get a chance.

CK-Chaos