.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

Re: addbot thing in podbot.cfg? a question?
Old
  (#11)
Austin

Default Re: addbot thing in podbot.cfg? a question? - 09-09-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeVltg3
why isnt the podbotmenu working...in game after i join my server? i binded it to KP_INS and nothing happens when i push it?
go to the console and type the command directly, press enter then get out of the console.

Is the menu now on your screen?
If the menu comes up somethign is wrong with your bind not working.

And you do know you can't use the menu on a dedicated server only a LAN server. You have to use rcon comamnds for a dedicated server.

Last edited by Austin; 09-09-2004 at 01:47..

Old
  (#12)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeVltg3
can anyone give me the list of the presonality numbers,and the model names and.....if im missing anything else i should kno...and why isnt the podbotmenu working...in game after i join my server? i binded it to KP_INS and nothing happens when i push it?
Don't be too lazy and try to use the "search" function. It's working fine.
http://forums.bots-united.com/showpo...01&postcount=4

Last edited by KWo; 09-09-2004 at 08:03..

Old
  (#13)
Pierre-Marie Baty
Roi de France

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPlOrYgOn
name will also be random.. everything will be random..
it's "pb addbot [skill [personality [team [model [name]]]]]"
if you don't specify one all the others behind it you will not be able to specify
Perhaps a good idea would be to implement a parser in this addbot function. Something like:

pb addbot name="PMB" team="CT" model="GIGN" skill="50"
pb addbot team="T" skill="100" model="terror" name="ossama" personality="aggressive"

you would not be forced to put the parameters in a certain order and only those you explicitly omit would be random.

RACC home - Bots-United: beer, babies & bots (especially the latter)
"Learn to think by yourself, else others will do it for you."

Old
  (#14)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Now THAT sounds like a very reasonable idea to me! And it would make that pb addbot command much less cryptic and much easier to use... Even a moron like me would manage to use the command if this parser were implemented, but I would need a paper and a pen to write down the old style command and actually use it... that's why I stick to the bot menu so far. :o

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#15)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Look how long is this Your second line. I suppose the people:
1. are too lazy to write all name of parameters ("name","skill",etc.) and also the value if they want some specific bot in the game (with all parameters specified) - how long time You will need to write this line with all parameters
2. If so long line - the probablity of making some spell/typing mistake will incrase...

I spoke already with sPlOrYgOn about including the possibility of writing command with some parameters (but not all) and the name recognized as a string between parameters specified by user, for example:

pb addbot 100 2 KWo

would be mean You want to add a bot with skill 100, personality 2 and name "KWo". If somebody will want some numeric name, like 69, the line should be like this:

pb addbot "69"

In this example the quotes are determaining the name of bot (to recognize it's not a skill, but bot's name).

All of this probably is possible to implememnt, but sPlOrYgOn doesn't have so much time right now and also we have some other (bigger) problems with this bot, like for example - bot facing in some stupid direction, because that direction it heard last enemy and it rememeber still this direction without any raison; in the place of the kicked bot from console (or from AMX or CM menu - the same) another one is entering back to the game - according to my auto add/kick bot specification:
http://forums.bots-united.com/showpo...4&postcount=31
also some people are still complaining about difficultity of this bot.
So this one (addbot code to re-write) is a lower priority for now. But anyway we have to update that SoUlFaThEr's thread "to do list" and include also this suggestion for addbot command.
But all of this I wrote here should be written in new topic, probably.

Old
  (#16)
Huntkillaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty
Perhaps a good idea would be to implement a parser in this addbot function. Something like:

pb addbot name="PMB" team="CT" model="GIGN" skill="50"
pb addbot team="T" skill="100" model="terror" name="ossama" personality="aggressive"

you would not be forced to put the parameters in a certain order and only those you explicitly omit would be random.
since kwo says second line is too long u can always use shot names

pb addbot team="T" skill="100" model="ter" name="ossama" personality="agg"

shrink anything except name to 3 letters

so:

addbot t 100 ter ossama agg

●_•

Old
  (#17)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

@KWo: don't you remember what we talked about?
we could have it -s for skill -p for personality -t for team -m for model -n for name so:
pb addbot -n"KWo" -s100 -p2 -t5 -m5

also if you want to know why I'm not on as much.. read the announcement in this forum..
this vB announcement system isn't good.. It puts all the announcements into one "thread" so it looks like I posted in the New Server announcement..

I'll continue working on pb but I'm also working on something else that I've always wanted to do
[edit]
an update..
I would like to release another version for you guys to test out this unlimited names in botnames.txt thing (probably a memory leak.. some coder good with dynamic memory should look at this just in case..) but all the work is being done on a computer that has no access to the net
also I'll soon beable to release linux beta builds too because during this time of no internet at home I'm bored like hell so I'm just fixing up my linux box
[/edit]

Last edited by sPlOrYgOn; 10-09-2004 at 07:04..

Old
  (#18)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: addbot thing in podbot.cfg? a question? - 10-09-2004

Quote:
@KWo: don't you remember what we talked about?
we could have it -s for skill -p for personality -t for team -m for model -n for name so:
pb addbot -n"KWo" -s100 -p2 -t5 -m5
Yeah, I remember this (it's much more nice idea than that one from few posts above, BTW ), but I was afraiding the people need change once again something in their podbot.cfg on their servers (if they specified some bots with all or some parameters). That's why I suggested You only recognize this string to get to work this, what Huntkillaz sugested before my previous post (adding bot with specified bot name and doesn't care about other parameters - these randomly).

Quote:
also if you want to know why I'm not on as much.. read the announcement in this forum..
Yeah - it's my fault I didn't look that announcement thread every day (I was looking there only once)... :o But I didn't see the icon "something new in this thread" - so I didn't look there...
But also I've tried to see You at ICQ/GAIM and You were invisible, too (my mornings and late evenings - few days) - now I see why - You haven't had internet for a while...

Quote:
I'll continue working on pb but I'm also working on something else that I've always wanted to do
Is this some secret or You can say us wht is this? ???

Quote:
also I'll soon beable to release linux beta builds too because during this time of no internet at home I'm bored like hell so I'm just fixing up my linux box
Some people will be happy.