.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > YaPB
YaPB Yet another POD-Bot flavor by Whistler and Jeefo Counter-Strike

YaPB 2.05...Buyzone issue still there...
Old
  (#1)
Asurmen

Depressed YaPB 2.05...Buyzone issue still there... - 27-06-2006

@strelomet

Ok, to start things off Test Setup: CS 1.6 Listen Server, Metamod-p 1.19, AMXmodX 1.71, War3x Expansion Plugin 1.01 (Disabled), YaPB 2.05 (test version?) Bot skill is 95-100 with Hardcore mode enabled.

Ok, now the issue...remember I described the issue regarding bots would appear anywhere on a map and (not specified to a de, cs, etc type of map) look like a dufus standing still with an he-grenade in his hand with his head jerking slightly like he is going to throw the grenade and he doesn't plus he is un-aware of anything around him? Well, this problem as we talked about last time has rooted it's head again with some very interesting changes. The difference now I noticed now is that the same thing happens above with an he-grenade but on 1 instance I saw a bot standing with what looked like a smoke grenade instead of an he-grenade and that not only was 1 bot stuck but 2 bots stuck with the same jerky head, standing still acting like he's going to throw the grenade but doesn't and seems to be completely un-aware what's around him. Funny thing about all this too is that it's not localized to 1 team..such as CT or it just happening to T's. Bots on both teams seem to be affected by this. If you have the chance to test the 2.05 bots...try it on de_dust2 which is the map I tested the above scenario on. It does it everytime...bot quota was set to 19.

Second thing that is un-related to the above issue but maybe a problem in the bot aiming code. I have seen bots jerk there guns sideways when 1 bot sees another enemy bot right up against a corner or the bots view of the enemy is barely seen (line of sight to enemy). Is this pretty much common with the behavior of the bot code at this current stage or is this something at could be tweaked? I'm using the default settings for the bot aiming code.

I hope this is of any help..I always appreciate the work you and Whistler have done on this bot. Until next time...Cheers!

-The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. -Spok Star Trek

-Go forth and kick ass soldiers! -Quake2

Re: YaPB 2.05...Buyzone issue still there...
Old
  (#2)
jeefo
путинхуйлоебаное

Default Re: YaPB 2.05...Buyzone issue still there... - 27-06-2006

Yep I know Still searching a problem.

About a second issue. I'm not understand. Please write more clearly, since i'm not a wizard in English.

Last edited by jeefo; 27-06-2006 at 14:23..

Old
  (#3)
Ancient
PodBot MM's Laziest Waypointer

Default Re: YaPB 2.05...Buyzone issue still there... - 27-06-2006

I've seen the 1st issue before, when waypoints aren't correct.
Other than that I never seen it otherwise.

The second issue, I never seen that either. but I could guess its the bot difficulty level.

[Web Designer][Waypointer][Gamer]
CFE Games Administrator
[CFE]Games.com
[Never Trust the Untrusted]

Old
  (#4)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: YaPB 2.05...Buyzone issue still there... - 01-07-2006

About that nades problem - what I can say is this - I've noticed there is something stupid in HL engine. When the player selects a new weapon, it has got it already about 1s, then - until that delay time (sometimes even a bit more) - there is sent a message by HL engine (the bot code is waiting for it) to say - "the player has now this weapon". The result is - the bot is waiting for the message about selected by him a weapon (to be sure he has the weapon in its hand he just was trying to select) - in this case it's a nade - so You can see as the bot is waiting for no reason for something - then he is throwing it. Probably we may need to hack private data (I hope they are updated without that delay). Another thing is - we probably need to remove that part for making bot speed equal zero during throwing nades.