.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^
Old
  (#291)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 03-07-2009

I was messing up something with aiming for moving targets, but since it didn't help much I didn't release it with any changelog and any info. It was just a test version. You can tell me if You can really see any difference between V3B20b and V3B20c.

Old
  (#292)
FR0NTLINE

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 03-07-2009

Can I mention bots using the use key when falling off a building. parachuting? Please lol.

Old
  (#293)
mattisbogus

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 25-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBreems View Post
At me too...

I have compared Yapb and PodBotMM and I had questions:

- PodBotMM not bad use nades but Yapb it is even better, why?

- Why not to create the program for adjustment of BodBotMM as it it is made at Yapb?

- Why Yapb load CPU less?

- And question not in a theme: why PodBotMM do not choose at creation the fifth models of players from CS:CZ (militia and spetsnaz)? I suggest to create cvar pb_cz

If it is possible add radio command support "Stick together team"

All it only for improvement PodBotMM
Good I'm finally relived to see that I am not the only person with this problem. I started out using 3.0B20a and the bot is great... only it will cuase tremendous lag for HLDS and high pings. With very low amount of bots/humans it isn't so bad, but even with 10 bots 5 humans, pings sometimes just go very high.

I thought this was problem on my end. Server settings something?! But come to find out after using older version of podbot, it has to be because 3.0B20a because now running older version of podbot I can run 26 slots server 8-9 humans 16+ bots and no high pings...

This sucks because I know I am missing updates and fixes with the bots, but I can't play with higher version

Old
  (#294)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 26-08-2009

If someone is interrested to help me in narrowing down the bug with high ping, please post at pm. I'm going to upload somewhere couple of older versions to narrow the exact numbers where the ping is OK and the next version - the ping is high. That means copule of hours of testing for You, but then I can take a loook what I have changed in the code between 2 particular versions.

Old
  (#295)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 13-09-2009

After almost one year of break - a small update - V3B20d:
+Changed a bit aiming for moving targets (V3B20c - not released).
+Optimized the code for lookup enemies - it should reduce the CPU usage about 30%.

Please test it and let me know if You can run now about 20-24 bots on the server without having a high ping for human players.

Old
  (#296)
addam

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 31-10-2009

Hi there,

I found a little problem with the linux version of the latest beta (32bit).
The bots never use their flashlight on darker maps, and their are aiming perfect on full dark places to.

I have the same config on my windows machine (same amxx+cfg, same plugins, same podbot + cfg), and its works perfect.

Any idea?

Thanks!

91.82.85.31 - Mirage CS 1.6 | FAST DL | SB Guardian | www.nihil.hu

Old
  (#297)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 12-11-2009

Another small update - V3B20e:

+Changed a bit and optimized the code for unstuck bots (especially when the bot is stuck with other bots/players).
+Changed finding "BestWaypoint" for navigation (if the new WP in path is used by another bot/player, the bot will take another WP connected with the previous and next WP only if the next is visible from the prevoius one - that check was prevoiously missing).
+Reverted back the check if the heard/last enemy is far away behind any obstacle (to prevent look the bots at the wall).
+Added the new feature - if the bot follows waypoints while walking according to the path and it has to change the direction more than 40 degrees (if it would continue exactly the same direction - the angle would be 0 degrees), then it stops for 0.5 sec and then it continues his way.
That should prevent the situation when - i.e. - the bot changes the direction 90 degrees and it hits the wall instead the door.

Please test it and let me know if this version works better for You.

Old
  (#298)
mattisbogus

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 12-11-2009

This build is excellent! No laggs with 20+ bots! Also the changes and new features are great! The bots seem to get stuck a lot less often now.

Thank you KWo.

Old
  (#299)
Ry Spy

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 05-12-2009

@KWo:

Thanks for the hard work

Ry Spy

Old
  (#300)
mattisbogus

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 18-12-2009

I am really happy with V3B20e so far, I only have a few things I have noticed that I don't like very much.
Quote:
+Added the new feature - if the bot follows waypoints while walking according to the path and it has to change the direction more than 40 degrees (if it would continue exactly the same direction - the angle would be 0 degrees), then it stops for 0.5 sec and then it continues his way.
That should prevent the situation when - i.e. - the bot changes the direction 90 degrees and it hits the wall instead the door.
I think this is causing the bot to a lot of times look in the exact opposite of where he should be looking, instead of ahead of him. This isn't good especially when comming up on an enemy, his back is faced towards him most of the time. I may be wrong though about this feature, though, I still have noticed in this version they don't look the right way while walking usually.

Also it's kind of random but sometimes a bot will just sit in one place for awhile without anyone near him and no camp spot. He just looks like he afk ^^ but he eventually moves...

Also, I might have mentioned this in PM, but most of the time a bot will not look in the right direction the camp spots are directing them to look. They usually look at the wall, and also for example: a CT will try to camp in a T only camp spot. I might have mentioned this already.