.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^
Old
  (#441)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacripan View Post

2*3 terros blocked

When I throw a listenserver with bots they tendence to remain blocked by two as soon as they cross.
Does it happen only on a certain map or You can see the same situation happening also on other maps?

Quote:
Why exists you it an AMD 64 version bits for linux and not for windows?
Well the reason of having amd64 binaries of podbot mm was coming from existing steam version for amd64 linux OS'es. So if the system is 64bits, steam is 64 bits - 3'th party metamod plugins were supporting also amd64 version (including podbot mm). Since long time steam is not supporting 64 bit linux system, so other mods developers (like i.e. AMX Mod X) stopped the support for it, too. In other words - I should stop supporting it, too. Actually I even don't know if the binariy for amd64 bit linux OS is still loading and working on such systems (equipped with steam linux 64) or not. I'm just compiling it with settings they are unchanged since 2-3 years. But actually probably nobody is really using it. But back to Your part of question - windows 64 bits. I don't know if Valve has released windows 64 bits steam version. Only in that case Your question can be right.
But in the other hand - I heard from users from other boards there is no significant difference between performance of servers using linux 32 OS/Steam/addons binaries and - installed to compare on the same PC machine - linux64 with steam 64 and addons 64 bits. So - actually there is no reason to take care of it at all.

Quote:
Would it be possible to exceed waypoints 1023? we play maps where celà would be necessary.
You have to know the bot code is searching all the time each servers's frame for each bot a lot of things relying on waypoints (and their numbers). If - i.e. I have to make a loop from 0 to 1023 to search for something on the map, then - if I would have to loop through i.e. 2048 (0 to 2047) elements - all those searching would require "only" 2 time more time to execute - that would negatively affect the game performance on the server. Even if there is "only" 1023 waypoints for a map, a lot of servers still is lagging on such maps (just because of those calculations - more waypoints - the search through them take more time). That 's why is always better to revide waypoints if maybe some of them are unnecessary (bots may run correctly without them) - so it saves some amount of waypoints You still can place on the map - and it also saves the server's performance.

Old
  (#442)
sacripan

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 03-05-2010

On my servers, we play no official maps.

I have the same problem with offical map as de_dust (the exemple)

But with linux, we play well the last beta release.

It's just a big bug for try the waypointing and test the waypoinst with a map on listenserver.

And why there is the flag no_hostage on official camp waypoint of official de_dust.pwf. It's a bomb map!

91.121.157.53:
27015 noobs CS (Podbot 3.0)
27020 low-CS (Podbot 3.0)

91.121.157.54:
27015 noobs CZ (Podbot 3.0)
27020 low-CZ (Podbot 3.0)

Last edited by sacripan; 03-05-2010 at 23:01..

Old
  (#443)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 04-05-2010

Quote:
On my servers, we play no official maps.
I have the same problem with offical map as de_dust (the exemple)
You mean - You need to place more than 1023 waypoints for de_dust?
There is something completly wrong with waypointing understanding by You. You have to know one thing - in some corridors/tunnels small area routes - there should be only one path for bots (no paralel paths). The bot code is trying to search the shortest path according to 2 componenets of length - 3D geometrical length and "danger collected to Waypoint where bots got hurt (danger length). If there are paralel paths in some small areas - even if bots get killed 100 times in a row in that area - they still probably can find some "shortest" way there (because some of waypoints from that area didn't collect any bot's damage yet). So they will keep trying to use the same way all the time instead go some longer way around some danger places. In big open areas there is no reason to place waypoints in shorter distances than those coming from autowaypointing 240/250 (I don't remember right now the right value). Higher density of waypoints in such areas is pointless - bots will not work/walk better with such waypoints. The best school waypointers like SoUlFaThEr, [BKA] T Wrecks, Bluesman and others - they were tending always to place lowest possible number of waypoints for the map, also because higher amount of waypoints needs more CPU power - depanding also of how many bots You have there). If You are playing only with 4 bots - You probably cannot see how much it is affecting the game performance on the server, but with the same pwf file and 30 bots on the server - You can see how much it is affecting if there is many, many waypoints (probably even if Your PC machine has some i7 Quad Core 3000 GHz CPU).

Quote:
But with linux, we play well the last beta release.
That's good - I need to ask PauliusBa to tell me more about his configuration.

Quote:
It's just a big bug for try the waypointing and test the waypoinst with a map on listenserver.
What is the bug - I didn't get it? What You cannot test with waypoints on a listenserver?

Quote:
And why there is the flag no_hostage on official camp waypoint of official de_dust.pwf. It's a bomb map!
From that what I remember the flag no_hostage is automatically added to any camp waypoint while adding it, so if the bot has hostages it doesn't decide to go to such waypoint. Since - like You noticed - de_xx maps are bomb maps - there is no hostages at all on such maps - so that flag is not affecting bots behavior at all. That flag affects only those bots they are traveling on the map with hostages. So even on cs_xx maps - if the bot comes without hostages, that flag is not affecting him.

Old
  (#444)
AlexBreems

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 04-05-2010

V3B20s become better, thanks

about point:
with some experience in waypointing 1024 points enough for any map

Old
  (#445)
AlexBreems

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 08-05-2010

After three hours of play in a team with PodBotMM v3B20s against a team YapBot 2.55 I am full of admiration from the tactics and games PB
Bravo KWo!

Old
  (#446)
sacripan

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 12-05-2010

Quote:
2*3 terros blocked

Does it happen only on a certain map or You can see the same situation happening also on other maps?
With all maps when i play with more 10 bots on listenserver.
Try to play with 32 !
A bot arrives on an already occupied waypoint. They will stay there until a situation of war comes

91.121.157.53:

91.121.157.54:

Old
  (#447)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 13-05-2010

I was trying couple of times the map de_dust and I was unable to get bots stucked on those stairs like on Your picture. Are You sure You are using V3B20s version?
I was playing also podbot mm on linux Mandriva 2009.1 and CSDM 2.1.2 (enabled/disabled) and I was unable to get CS crashing on bot adding. If there is any problem it may come with using no-steam or some incompatible with pb mm modules. I'm still waitin anybody with the debugged crash report, but if I don't have that report until wednesday, I'm going to release the latest build as the official one. So please make more tests, especially on linux to give me the info if there is or there is no problem with the latest build on linux.

Old
  (#448)
sacripan

With linux i don't have this problem, it's a very good beta release

For waypointing, I use a listenserver windows with V3B20s.
I don't use dedecated server windows.

Nowadays, I cannot test any more the new waypoints on a local level

91.121.157.53:

91.121.157.54:

Old
  (#449)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Quote:
Nowadays, I cannot test any more the new waypoints on a local level
Why? What is wrong???

Old
  (#450)
1sland

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 14-05-2010

ye i also saw many times when bots block each other , for example try Jason Mode + 20 bots + cs_coltstagib
looks very funny when they block each other (botskill 100)