.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Common Questions
Common Questions Are you seeking help ? Get it here !

Another problem installing POD bot MM
Old
  (#1)
aswhale

Default Another problem installing POD bot MM - 28-07-2008

I been searching this problem for a couple of days, and everyone I seem to notice that had the same problem as me, got fixed magicly(or there was behind the secens thigns going on, aka msn, aim, etc)

Plain and simple I can not get the bots to run on my server. I have meta mod working, and the version is "metamod v1.19p32" Also under meta mod's list I have 3 plugins running, statsme, amxmodx, and amxmodx fun plugin. I have all the files installed under "/c:/Valve/HLServer/cstrike/addons/". Also to mention this is on a remote computer that I have full remote desktop capabilitys and ftp uploads ability.

I downloaded the "Podbot mm Full Pack V3B19d" on the main download page, and also the beta .dlls "Latest Beta V3B19m" on that same page.

This server has been tempermental right from the start. When I first was trying to install statsme it was doing the same thing as the bots where doing... Not allowing the server to "boot up", and when I added a semi colin to the metamod plugins.ini (;win32 addons/podbot/podbot_mm.dll) the server would start perfectly.

When I install the latest .dlls in the beta area I can get the server running without a semi colin inplace before the podbot in the plugins.ini Even though the server is running and there is no semi colin, the plugin still will not work. I tired adding a bots and still got nothing.

So if anyone can help me, I would be greatful. I been trying to figure this out for the last two or three days.

Ways other than the forums to get ahold of me, aswhale@gmail.com aswhale@hotmail.com (msn), and aswhale@gmail.com on steam friends.

Thanks for the read, and possible help!
ANGRY Shaved Whale

Re: Another problem installing POD bot MM
Old
  (#2)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Another problem installing POD bot MM - 28-07-2008

I believe You are using windows server, right? Is this CS1.6 steam /CZERO version?
First of all - don't use statsme - it's really outdated and not supported long time (over 4 years), so there is no reason to use it anymore in fact AMX X has built in teh same functionality (and even bigger) in its CS adddon pack. After installing CS addon pack for AMX MOD X You need to find in amxmodmenu the option "Stats configuration" (on the second page if I remember good, the item 5) - then choose options You need.
Another thing - please describe step by step how and where did You install podbot mm.
Note:
Bots will not apear on any custom map unless You will not put waypoint files (mapname.pwf) into the addons\podbot\wptdefault folder.
Write in the server console this command:
meat list
and show the output here.
Another thing - did You change anything in podbot.cfg file? Make a screenshot of Your "podbot" folder (placed in cstrike\addons or czero\addons folder - depanding on the mod You are playing)

Old
  (#3)
Sc0Rp
Retired Podbot_mm tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
Write in the server console this command:
meat list
and show the output here.
He means meta list.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old
  (#4)
aswhale

Ahh im sorry for not posting this part. Running on windows server 2003, and running 1.6.

Well knowing what you said about statsme, makes me feal old. Anyways thanks for the tip about amxmodx ill look into that once I get the bots going.

PODBot's folders
http://home.neo.rr.com/stoogeville/podbot.GIF

I did not change any thing in any of the podbot files, I only looked at them but never ultered or changed any values. Secondly the map I keep using is de_dust and cs_assault. Only choose thoughs becuase they been around for a very long time.

When I first started I did a file extract to my serverfiles folder under cstrike. After that I simply uploaded all the files that where extracted to my cstrike folder under podbot(yes i included the folder also). After that I went into the plugins.ini under metamod (btw forgot to mention this also, im using metamod P) win32 addons/podbot/podbot_mm.dll is what is in my plugins.ini. After that I went into the server and did a server restart on the game server, not a map change. After I did the restart the game server would not come back online.

So I went into the plugins file and did a semi colin after the bot program. Restarted the server and had no problems. After i found out it was not working, I went back the the podbot's website and grab'ed the beta .dlls. I took the semi colin away and restarted the server, server booted up no problems but the bot plugin is still not working.

After both the files did not work, I decided to do some playing around. I made a dlls folder in the podbot main folder and placed the .dll file in there. The server did the same thing for both the files(one booted up but not running the plugin, and the other will not start the server), after that didnt work, I changed everything back to the way it was after the extractor.

Was hoping when I deleted statsme out the bots was going to work. I was hoping statsme made a confilit or something like that, but I do not have such luck.

At any rate, thanks for the help.

ANGRY Shaved Whale

Old
  (#5)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

How about "meta list" command? Your CS1.6 is steam or non-steam version?

Old
  (#6)
aswhale

Default Re: Another problem installing POD bot MM - 29-07-2008

Here is a SS of meta list and this is a steam 1.6cs server.
http://home.neo.rr.com/stoogeville/botconsole.GIF

Alright, if you want to look or play around the server ip is 76.175.212.153:27017

Old
  (#7)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Could You, please, use for tests the regular (standard) metamod instead that optimized (p) one? What is the output of
amxx plugins
command (eventually "amx_plugins")? I would like to see the list of plugins You are using there. I wasn't allowed to check it my-self on Your server. I'm not sure about Windows 2003 - I was never testing it on such system, but I believe there are people around they can confirm if it works correctly on this system or not.

Old
  (#8)
aswhale

Alrighty, I changed the metamod to the unoptimized one. I put the p version in becuase it was a copy off of another game server I run.

I have no other plugins running, the server only has amx and nothing else.

http://home.neo.rr.com/stoogeville/amx_plugins.GIF

Just a thought, could it be amxmodx giving me the problems also? Once again I copied the most of the amx .cfg's and metamod over to make it the same admin/base program(s) between all our servers.

Heh, watch this will turn out to be something as stupid as a semi colin or a period was in the wrong place when I copied things over.

Also Im doing a clean install of the addons folder, and maybe that could work... Im just throughing ideas out now.

Old
  (#9)
aswhale

Default Re: Another problem installing POD bot MM - 30-07-2008

Well after deleteing the addons folder and installed the All-In-One pack from the website, im now a step back. For some reason on this version of amx I cant get metamod to load it, same with podbot. I really am starting to think its my OS and nothing else.

I wonder if i make a virtual server running red hat or linux, if the server files would run. The person that owns the box asked me what OS i wanted, guess I should of did little reseaching.

Have any other ideas of questions? I am all out, and I hope you might still have some.

ANGRY Shaved Whale\

Old
  (#10)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Another problem installing POD bot MM - 30-07-2008

Well - I don't know if that may help or not, but a lot of times if the metamod couldn't be loaded, it was just a need to reinstall steam (not the whole system). Another thing - while installing All-In-One, the CS on the server has to be stopped.