.:: Bots United ::.  
filebase forums discord server github wiki web
cubebot epodbot fritzbot gravebot grogbot hpbbot ivpbot jkbotti joebot
meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding
Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding Where the official development happens

Re: The New Docs
Old
  (#11)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.
Default Re: The New Docs - 30-05-2004

pb2.5 doesn't work with 1.6...
yea it has an installer that did everything..
it's basicly the same way you install epb or ivpb..
just move the files into cstrike\podbot\
then edit liblist.gam to point to podbot.dll
and edit to cfgs to fit your needs then run..

why do you need this info anyways?

Old
  (#12)
Huntkillaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sPlOrYgOn
pb2.5 doesn't work with 1.6...
yea it has an installer that did everything..
it's basicly the same way you install epb or ivpb..
just move the files into cstrike\podbot\
then edit liblist.gam to point to podbot.dll
and edit to cfgs to fit your needs then run..

why do you need this info anyways?
okay and i guess it's possible to compile v2.6 and play it as well even though it's buggy?

●_•

Old
  (#13)
sPlOrYgOn
<-- He did it.

Location: Los Angeles, California, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way.

so far if you play pb2.6mm in cs1.6, we haven't found any bugs that 1.6 has with the bots that 1.5 doesn't..
except maybe the "changelevel" command not being able to intercept that makes it so that the bots from the last map won't join the next map.

Old
  (#14)
>BKA< T Wrecks
Moderator [PBmm/Waypointing]& PODBot mm waypointer

Default Re: The New Docs - 11-07-2004

* BUMP - O - RAMA!! *

Holy cow, it's been a while...

I've just finished an important part of the documentation for PB 2.6mm. I had volunteered to contribute all waypoint-related documentation for this bot, and the result was supposed to look a bit like this:
A) N00b introduction: WTF are waypoints?
B) All waypoint types, WP radius, connections, flags
C) Mabye a quick reference of all WP editor menus??? I haven't made up my mind yet...
D) How to waypoint trickier elements like breakables, ladders, lifts, buttons

The file I'm posting here for review is by far the biggest and most complex part, namely B).

A is really just 2-3 quick paragraphs, plus I already have a prototype ready.
C might not be necessary after all, since 90% of the stuf is covered in B anyway. And even if it is necessary, I already have all the gfx I need and would only have to add a few lines of text.
D) isn't very long, either.

Note: The zip contains the HTML document itself and a subfolder called 'GFX'. This folder obviously contains all screenshots needed to view the document in its glory *cough*.
I have marked two or three spots where I wasn't too sure myself, you will see what I mean.
Oh, and the document sports very basic and simple layout; this is not meant to show the looks of the final version, just the content, ok?

Please have a look at it and tell me what you think - did you see typos, errors and mistakes of any kind, does it work well with Mozilla, Netscape, Firefox and whatever browser you may be using, is it understandable?
Attached Files
File Type: zip WP_docu_BETA1.zip (414.1 KB, 644 views)

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF // all my base, are belong to you.

Old
  (#15)
Huntkillaz

Default Re: The New Docs - 12-07-2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by >BKA< T Wrecks
* BUMP - O - RAMA!! *

Holy cow, it's been a while...

I've just finished an important part of the documentation for PB 2.6mm. I had volunteered to contribute all waypoint-related documentation for this bot, and the result was supposed to look a bit like this:
A) N00b introduction: WTF are waypoints?
B) All waypoint types, WP radius, connections, flags
C) Mabye a quick reference of all WP editor menus??? I haven't made up my mind yet...
D) How to waypoint trickier elements like breakables, ladders, lifts, buttons

The file I'm posting here for review is by far the biggest and most complex part, namely B).

A is really just 2-3 quick paragraphs, plus I already have a prototype ready.
C might not be necessary after all, since 90% of the stuf is covered in B anyway. And even if it is necessary, I already have all the gfx I need and would only have to add a few lines of text.
D) isn't very long, either.

Note: The zip contains the HTML document itself and a subfolder called 'GFX'. This folder obviously contains all screenshots needed to view the document in its glory *cough*.
I have marked two or three spots where I wasn't too sure myself, you will see what I mean.
Oh, and the document sports very basic and simple layout; this is not meant to show the looks of the final version, just the content, ok?

Please have a look at it and tell me what you think - did you see typos, errors and mistakes of any kind, does it work well with Mozilla, Netscape, Firefox and whatever browser you may be using, is it understandable?
first impressions ...pretty good, explains things nicely...lovely gfx's

don't worry about making it work with browsers i'll fix em up and make it pretty

b&c together is fine i don't think we should seperate them since they are almost one and the same thing

maybe show some demo's or screen shots of how not todo stuff too???
like massive radius?

@ D) how about maybe some demo's and stuff like of doing a map and maybe showing how bot's will react to stuff regarding wp's ???

●_•

Old
  (#16)
>BKA< T Wrecks

- B & C: Yes, I think that in the course of all the explanation, each and every menu and sub-menu is depicted at least once, the only exception being those "yes/no" choices when you delete or save. However, this belongs into the documentation as well, at least IMHO.
- D: Well, I'm not sure about demos... I think most things you could show in a demo can be easily explained with a few lines of text and some screenies. (That's what I'm saying now, but who knows... if I come to a point where I'm really lost, I might even make a demo, yeah.) I'm basically thinking about these docs as a manual, just like the original docs. A nice manual you can print, lay on your desk right next to the keyboard and leaf through while you are getting into that waypointing stuff. I printed CF's docs and often had a look at them when I started waypointing. You can't do that with demos...

Oh, yes. I have a "Common Errors" doc in my folder! All that's missing are some screenies. I'm going to finish this doc, too, then!

Ah, just btw: Why did you full-quote my reply? It was right above... many ppl here do that. Someone posts "I like fun maps like..." (and lists 20 maps or something), and right below someone posts "Me too" - but not after fully quoting everything above - beats me... ???

Old
  (#17)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Can You add also to this new doc this description about auto add/kick bot?
http://forums.bots-united.com/showpo...4&postcount=31

Need change only one thing in that description - bot is automatically kicked not at the moment of joining a new player, but at the moment of entering the game by him.

Last edited by KWo; 12-07-2004 at 15:13..

Old
  (#18)
>BKA< T Wrecks

8o OMG, this post is an entire instruction manual itself!

But of course you are right, this doubtlessly belongs to the documentation - fortunately for me, it's not a part of the waypointing documentation, though...

I got bad newz
Old
  (#19)
Huntkillaz

Default I got bad newz - 19-08-2004

i was installing win xp sp2...and had a system crash :'(

.....and i hadn't backed alot of my stuff up (the docs was one of it) however since the old ones existed here @ BU i took them and am doing some minor fix up.

i will release it next week in whatever unspectacular form it is just so this doesn't happen again, half of it has been brought upto scratch which is some good newz

again i'm sorry for the delay! :'(

hey splorygon i recommend you do a release 3 with the latest dll and remove anything thats old from filebase, ask pmb to remove his one too>?

just so user's don't get confused

●_•

Last edited by Huntkillaz; 19-08-2004 at 23:22..

Old
  (#20)
MarD
Waypointer/Moderator

Default Re: The New Docs - 23-09-2004

Heyyo,

@Huntkillas: it's not all a bad thing that SP2 failed, I heard a lot of programs stop working after installing it, even some microsoft ones!!! :o But that's probably if you just leave the built-in firewall on.. right now I'm not gonna risk it cause some games, like Halo, stops working after SP2 (there's a small side patch someone made to make it work, but I'd rather play it safe n' wait...) if there's a change in SP2 compatibility with programs, plz tell me, cause it's annoying how ever 2 hrs that stupid windows auto update thing pops up (I know I should turn it off, but I'm lazy )

For your manual, I downloaded the full thing, Beta2 it's nice guys, I like the layout, very cool.

Later-a-much, and LONG LIVE THE D!,
(Link>>>MarD's Moddin' Site<<<Link) MarD

Rock Hound. (<Link)