meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > JoeBot
JoeBot Furious mechs by @$3.1415rin Counter-Strike

joebot commands
Old
  (#1)
shooter

Default joebot commands - 29-03-2005

by any chance are their rcon commands for joebot. if their are could u plz give me a link to them

Re: joebot commands
Old
  (#2)
@$3.1415rin
Council Member, Author of JoeBOT

Default Re: joebot commands - 29-03-2005

just use the normal commands that you can see in the readme, but of course with joebot in front of them. that's the normal way of using joebot commands on a dedicated server

Old
  (#3)
shooter

Default Re: joebot commands - 29-03-2005

i am confused already. could u give me an example if i wanted to add/remove bots

Old
  (#4)
Perendinater

Default Re: joebot commands - 07-08-2005

If you use adminmod, I have programmed a fairly extensive adminmod plugin for controlling Joebots. I've been running it on our CS 1.6 server for about 9 months now and it has been working quite well.

It has quite a few commands and features, including:
  1. A set of "admin_" commands which allow you to add, kick, kill, control min and max bots, control chatting, set pistols only... actually, you can use the plugin to issue any or all of Joebot's console commands.
  2. An "AutoKill" system which kills all remaining bots when the last human dies. That way people can get right back to playing without waiting for two bots to find each other.
  3. A "PreventFull" system to ensure bots never fill slots which people want to join. This simply kicks a random bot (if one is playing) whenever the server fills. That way there is always one slot available for a human to join... well, until the server is filled completely with people.
  4. A "BotFest" system for managing "bot v all" mayhem.
  5. An admin_vote_kickbots command so players can vote to kick all bots if they no longer want to play with them.
  6. A "PreventEmpty" system, which adds bots to the server if it is ever empty. That way, people can vote to kick the bots if they want, but if they then all leave the server, the bots will automatically return so that the next player can play without having to wait for someone to join.
Any or all of these features can be enabled/disabled as desired. I never finished the documentation, which is why I never released it.

But if you'd like an insufficiently documented copy, I'll be happy to send you one. Much of the stuff should be pretty self explanatory anyway, and you can always ask me questions if you need additional help.

If you want to see it in action before you install it, you can come play on our server. The server's low gravity, and pretty quirky, but you'll still get a decent feel for the Joebot plugin. The IP is 68.10.24.48:27015

(Please, no cheating, foul language, sexual references, etc. We try to run a clean and friendly server, and ask if you choose to play on it, you respect our policies. Thanks.)

BTW, to see the plugin in action, I recommend playing late at night or at another time when few people are on. Otherwise the bots won't be playing.

If you want to see a BotFest, an admin must start it and will not do so unless only a few people are playing (and those people also want one). If you explain why you want to have a botfest, people who might not otherwise vote for one will likely be more open to doing it. (Just tell them HYTE_Perendinater offered to give you the mod and you're thinking of installing it--my guess (and hope) is that the guys on the server will gladly accomodate you.)

- John C.