meanmod podbotmm racc rcbot realbot sandbot shrikebot soulfathermaps yapb

Go Back   .:: Bots United ::. > Cyborg Factory > POD-Bot mm > Ideas
Ideas One idea per thread please! :)

Sniper Bot
Old
  (#1)
com1retz

Wink Sniper Bot - 14-03-2009

Today's fps games; the sniper character is very populer. Someone with a big sniper rifle runs around us and shots our enemies, gives support for long range attacks.

So when we look at PODBot MM, bots just aim with rifle and try to shot in medium range. We know that bots can strafe left and right when they are in action but when they have a sniper rifle they dont jump, they dont strafe they dont even switch to knife or pistol and switch back to rifle. Sometimes the attack with pistol at short range.

What I want is; make bots strafe with sniper rifle. When strafing switch secondary weapon or knife when ready to fire switch back to sniper and make a jump to other side or duck immidently to suprise the enemy.

Re: Sniper Bot
Old
  (#2)
bodoyM16
noobie waypointer

Smile Re: Sniper Bot - 15-03-2009

About bots not strafing when using sniper weapon:

I believe you can configure bots so that they will either not stop OR stop for a short time only when using sniper weapon. You can edit botskill.cfg to tweak the settings there so that the bot using sniper rifle can do either of the above.

But the problem I see in strafing with sniper weapon is: The bot MAY become inaccurate when using a sniper rifle. I mean, you cannot always strafe and shoot with your sniper rifle and always hit(and kill) the target, can you?

I hope this helps...

"Vengeance is very sweet..."

Old
  (#3)
The Storm
Council Member / E[POD]bot developer

Default Re: Sniper Bot - 15-03-2009

Actually you can. If you had seen how more expirienced players are using sniper you would know. When the time come to shoot he is switching to sniper, then jump left or right, and as soon as he is on the ground he already have locked his target and now he just fire, if he miss or if there is more enemies he is switching to secondary weapon and start to fire and strafe until he hide itself for a bit in order to be able to prepare for the next sniper attack.

Old
  (#4)
bodoyM16
noobie waypointer

Idea Re: Sniper Bot - 17-03-2009

Well, I guess The Storm's explanation helps, and I think the bots MAY be able to do what expert snipers can do. Like I've said in my previous reply, I believe you can edit botskill.cfg so that the bots can do what expert snipers can.

I hope this helps(again)...

"Vengeance is very sweet..."